Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We already knew this situation sell to buy philosophy some people still don’t understand that Fosun aren’t investing in the club anymore. They can deny the China CCP situation all they want. Clearly is having an impact

There shouldn't be no money to spend at all though, outside of player sales, regardless.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Has there been decisions on anything yet. I can't even find anything official about Ruddy leaving. Just seems to be dragging on even for confirmation about contracts never mind getting new players in.
They sent Ruddy an official goodbye message .

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
Has there been decisions on anything yet. I can't even find anything official about Ruddy leaving. Just seems to be dragging on even for confirmation about contracts never mind getting new players in.
Where have you been

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There shouldn't be no money to spend at all though, outside of player sales, regardless.
Not sure on that we have a pretty hefty wage bill. If we do post positive accounts this year, I doubt it will be by much

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure on that we have a pretty hefty wage bill. If we do post positive accounts this year, I doubt it will be by much

I just don't see how we can be in such a position where there's no funds at all, surely, surely there's room to manoever now after the three year break even FFP which finishes this summer no?

D

Deleted member drgr12429

I just don't see how we can be in such a position where there's no funds at all, surely, surely there's room to manoever now after the three year break even FFP which finishes this summer no?
This is the share WWFC got from the TV money this season. +8.9m up from last season.

Equal share: £79m
Facility fees: £15m
Merit payment: £29.2m
Commercial revenue: £5.6m
Total: £128.8m

2020-21 payment: £119.9m
Difference: +£8.9m

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
I'm being very rough with these

17/18 - £57m loss
18/19 - £20m profit
19/20 - £39m loss (covid)
20/21 - £19m profit

Where's the money you think we should have available?
We have wealthy owners so if they wanted to like the like s of Villa, Newcastle, Everton and Chelsea we could spend to be successful but they are so tight it's getting to the point where is anyone really looking forward to a transfer window anymore? For us the way we don't spend they could afford to have the window open all season. Still linked with players but nothing confirmed..I'm just waiting for the lame excuses. Players didn't want to come, need the players for the right price blah blah blah. Like would one really good transfer window kill us? And one where we keep our top players and add to it?

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm being very rough with these

17/18 - £57m loss
18/19 - £20m profit
19/20 - £39m loss (covid)
20/21 - £19m profit

Where's the money you think we should have available?

Fosun are a multi billion pound conglomerate, surely they should be bankrolling at least some cash into the club. No one is asking them to put in silly money. It only gives more credence to the suspicions that the tap has been turned off IMO.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
Love to see this lineup next season.

Sa
Semedo/Jonny Toti/Boly Caleta/Ignacio Ait Nouri
Sanches/Nunes Paulinha/ Neves/Mouts
Neto/Traore Ramos/Silva Podence/Chiquinho

Just spend some money to freshen it up and if we get European football what a result for the owners and fans.
Are we really asking too much of the club?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Love to see this lineup next season.

Sa
Semedo/Jonny Toti/Boly Caleta/Ignacio Ait Nouri
Sanches/Nunes Paulinha/ Neves/Mouts
Neto/Traore Ramos/Silva Podence/Chiquinho

Just spend some money to freshen it up and if we get European football what a result for the owners and fans.
Are we really asking too much of the club?
Unfortunately you’re living in a dream world

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
We have wealthy owners so if they wanted to like the like s of Villa, Newcastle, Everton and Chelsea we could spend to be successful but they are so tight it's getting to the point where is anyone really looking forward to a transfer window anymore? For us the way we don't spend they could afford to have the window open all season. Still linked with players but nothing confirmed..I'm just waiting for the lame excuses. Players didn't want to come, need the players for the right price blah blah blah. Like would one really good transfer window kill us? And one where we keep our top players and add to it?
So we want to spend hundreds of millions of other people's money and be as successful as ... Villa, Everton and Newcastle?? I think I'll stay on this planet thanks!

We were never going to be a Chelsea or Man City who get bankrolled year on year. We were always going to have financial security but be expected to trade your way to a sensible balance sheet. We don't want to be fighting for survival every year (remember those Premier years? Absolutely MISERABLE!). We should aim to be a solid mid-table club who have occasional forays into Europe and Cup glory.

That requires us to have good spells (the last 5 years) and lean spells. It requires us to recruit young players and develop them. Some will be sold for a profit and a few will 'make it' to regular 1st team standard. Some will fall by the wayside. It ain't an exact science. As fans all we can do is support the club - the board, the manager, the coaching staff, the players - and hope they get the big decisions right more often than not.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
& 28m on Semedo to help Barcelona out yet they won’t give us cash for Neves we’re being led down the garden path big time

I can understand it all feels a bit crap at the moment but we have to wait and see how it pans out.

I really don't think Neves leaving is really anything yo do with money, sure he will double his wages if not more - but the primary reason is champions league football or playing for Barcelona or someone like that.

The Semedo thing is totally different. We all complain when we spend on kids, but then we complain when we spend big on a current international. I admit I thought he was **** poor, but last season he improved. But I don't criticise the club for buying an international from Barcelona - don't we want to see more ready made 1st teamers rather than kids?

I do criticise them for paying £37m on Fabio - you only had to watch him to see he had no physical attributes like pace or power to make him a generational talent - he is no Robbie Keane, Micheal Owen, or Rooney where it was clear they had something very special.

It was just a Mendes money laundering deal. The kid may become a Premier league regular but he is not and never will be a 'generational talent' and I doubt we will ever get a return out of him either financially or in terms of goals.

I think we probably have £30m plus what ever they raise from sales - £50m Neves, £15m Adama, £20m Donk, and possibly £20m from MGW. That's the best part of £130m.

I think they will buy some quality, but at the end of the day it's how they gel together and if Bruno really does have a plan.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll have to see what happens obviously but I'm terrified of this summer window. I just do not trust the people at the top to do what is necessary, especially replacing the big outgoing players - and that is before the strengthening we needed to do anyway even if we hadn't lost anybody. The club has put itself in this position from neglecting strengthening the squad properly over two seasons or so, leaving us with a hell of a lot to do and a big rebuild in one window. A big ask for a well run club to do, let alone one that has lost its way. I hope I'm very wrong and we get it right, but I fear we won't. Another bad window and we're in trouble next season - and this time we won't have Neves holding the midfield together and surely Sa won't be as amazing as he was last season. They didn't back Nuno in his last two seasons, and they didn't back Bruno either last - that needs to change big time or the 'brand' will fall flat on its face before their very eyes and we'll be in a dogfight at the bottom. End of the day you reap what you sow, you have to invest just to stand still these days.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We already knew this situation sell to buy philosophy some people still don’t understand that Fosun aren’t investing in the club anymore. They can deny the China CCP situation all they want. Clearly is having an impact
But don't we still have money left over from last season? Or did that all go on hwang?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom