Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today’s games - 2021-22

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
2 very separate things that you've conflated here too.

Laugh at Liverpool fans for losing a football match all you want, nobody has said otherwise. Don't laugh at them for being treated horrifically by scummy police who very nearly caused something truly tragic.

Awful treatment which needs to be recognised. Innocent fans treated appallingly, could have had tragic consequences

I’d also call on Liverpool fans to call out the *very small* percentage of their own who behave dreadfully please

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Only huddlesfield games I've seen are the play offs but that Jon Russell has impressed me

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A ****ing farce. Thank God that ****s retiring. Sadly one game too late. What clown is on VAR.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That’s a penalty all day long

It often is these days. But it's the sort that I hate and am glad Moss didn't give it. The attacker has totally instigated the contact, he's hurled himself over the defenders leg. Fake dive. Glad he didn't give it and wish refs had more courage to stop giving such soft penalties to the usual suspects in the Premier League.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
In the very least VAR should overturn the booking for diving.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I thought it was a dive to be honest. But you have seen them given in the premier league especially for the big boys.

Same here. He pulled his leg in to avoid contact, then swan dived. As you say, have seen them given, but my initial thought of penalty in real time gave way to no penalty having seen the replays.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It often is these days. But it's the sort that I hate and am glad Moss didn't give it. The attacker has totally instigated the contact, he's hurled himself over the defenders leg. Fake dive. Glad he didn't give it and wish refs had more courage to stop giving such soft penalties to the usual suspects in the Premier League.
I wish they’d ban shielding the bsll out for a goal kick and eradicate time wasting but….. until it’s consistent then that was a penalty

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Definitely a pen for me, but maybe one of those where in exaggerating the contact to make sure it's given, the player ends up making it look like a dive! Can almost understand Moss, but the reluctance of Tiernay to overrule him is scandalous.

Ned Stark

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I thought it was a brilliant call as it goes, first angle looked a cert pen but the view straight across you can see the guy has gone with no contact. But it’s Jon Moss ay it so nobody will give him any credit.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In the very least VAR should overturn the booking for diving.

VAR doesn’t get involved in yellow cards. I do think he made the most of it as well, so while a yellow is harsh, it’s not completely unfair.

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's what I'd call a united pen. Guy makes the contact by kicking the player, he's gone out his was to trip over the leg

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry am i missing something but there was contact surely that's a pen?

It's a contact sport. Contact alone does not define a foul. The attacker is diving before the contact, the slow motion has shown in.

Too many soft penalties ruining the game these days. Will need to be addressed as it is turning into Penaltyball. There are some interesting suggestions around as it's getting noticed how matches are hinging on "winning" penalties. Get rid of the penalty spot and take the penalty from where the foul occurred seems reasonable. Or even make the penaly area smaller, as players can be going nowhere out wide, so try and cheat a penalty. Needs to be deterred somehow.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With the Liverpool thing, it's all dependent on how many had fake tickets.

Those journalists or whoever defending them saying they weren't causing trouble is pretty irrelevant. If you had a fake ticket or were trying to jib in with someone, you hardly shout it from the rooftops do you? You keep quiet and try and go in normally.

If there are hundreds/thousands going in with fake tickets or non-tickets, which UEFA claim, it's completely on those Liverpool fans.

Yes, the police were excessive, and we know that from our own experience, but if you have a constant element of your support that are regularly making it hard for authorities then it's hard to have sympathy.

"Liverpool are a challenge. In the FA Cup last season especially there were a lot of people trying to get in either without tickets or with forged tickets."

This is quote from Steve Sutton, the safety advisor person at Wolves, in an article Spiers did back in 2020.

If that's the case for a Monday night game against us in the cup, are we really supposed to believe they aren't doing the same for one of their biggest ever games?

So, if that is the case, Liverpool need to get to the root of the problem - themselves.

If fans genuinely aren't causing problems and just getting attacked by foreign police, as was the case with us, then they deserve sympathy. There's a lot more questions that need to be asked here.

Back
Top Bottom