Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Liverpool Verdict

Eastyorksyeltz

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wasn't bored watching us for a change. It was a good game.

Boly and Neves were the standouts for Wolves. Probably Boly's best game this season.

The man of the match was Neves. He was silky. I think he was the best midfielder on the park today, despite Carragher salivating at Alcantara.

I just wished we showed that sort of enthusiasm in the previous few matches. We might have finished two or three places higher.
Exactly that! If they had shown half this enthusiasm and positivity in the last six games we would be looking at a completely different season. Loosing Neto was the deciding factor. Generally proud of the way we held on and had clear chances to win a game no one expected us to be in.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Can’t really moan at that, beaten by a good side but made them work. Need to take our chances you can’t miss chances against Liverpool and get away with it. 3-1 flatters them a bit I think it was a competitive game for most of it. Interesting to see the players at full time very telling who will be moving on.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno has to take a lot of blame but a transfer window where we loaned out a key player and didn't replace him - that's on the board. Chiquinho looks good but he was always one for the future. No coincidence our form fell off a cliff very shortly afterwards.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Best we’ve played in a while and could have got something from the game if we’d have been a bit more clinical on the break.

Unfortunately though, we’ve ended up with pretty much the worst case scenario today by finally relinquishing our grip on 8th (our awful January window coming back to bite us) and injuries to two of our best players.

Plus points were Neto looking sharp, Raul having a decent game, Ait-Nouri who was excellent throughout, Toti and Neves giving us one last glimpse of what we’ll be missing next season.

Sa 5
Boly 6
Coady 6
Toti 7
Jonny 6
Neves 7
Moutinho 6
Ait-Nouri 8
Raul 7
Neto 7

Hwang 5

Would have snapped your hand off for 10th at the start of the season but we have tailed off awfully and for much of the last three months looked every inch a relegation side. 1 point from 6 games against Norwich, Burnley, Newcastle, Leeds, Palace and Brighton absolutely killed us and denied us the best chance of Europe we are likely to have for a very long time.

Think Bruno will ultimately pay the price but those above him will quite rightly have questions asked about their role in not providing him with the support he was openly asking for.

Cheers to the boys for some great moments earlier in the year and to everyone on the Mix for their contributions.

And to Ruben, Romain, John and any others who are leaving this Summer…a huge, huge thank you for the best moments of my Wolves supporting life.

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Pretty good performance overall I thought....but dearie me, Hwang, possibly the most inept performance by a Wolves player I've ever seen.
Surely Lage is being forced to pick him from above?

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I quite enjoyed that. We looked more like our old selves defending admirably (when we settled) and breaking with intent. Sadly we also looked like ourselves in front of goal.

The decision to bring Hwang on was a strange one. I guess Bruno favoured him to get in behind more effectively than the other 4 options and, in fairness, he did get in behind - he just did nothing right when he got into the areas.

I actually thought we were worth at least a point and it’s good to go in to the summer on the back of a fighting display. It’s probably kept Bruno in a job.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
We were also denied a stonewall penalty that does little to assuage concerns that VAR favours the big boys in crucial moments.
Wpuld have been nice to at least see a replay. I thought pen on first viewing but it seemed Sky cpuldn't find the replay button.

Overall better than i thought, as i feared today. Liverpool needing a reault, pur recent performances.

Hope Neto and Sa are ok. Some better performances today. Unfortunately i have to agree with tje consensus on Hwang.

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Decent game and thought we gave a pretty good account of ourselves against an excellent team. Very disappointing to only win once since the March international break and changes are needed to avoid a potential struggle in the bottom half of the table.

Jefe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Best we’ve played in a while and could have got something from the game if we’d have been a bit more clinical on the break.

Unfortunately though, we’ve ended up with pretty much the worst case scenario today by finally relinquishing our grip on 8th (our awful January window coming back to bite us) and injuries to two of our best players.

Plus points were Neto looking sharp, Raul having a decent game, Ait-Nouri who was excellent throughout, Toti and Neves giving us one last glimpse of what we’ll be missing next season.

Sa 5
Boly 6
Coady 6
Toti 7
Jonny 6
Neves 7
Moutinho 6
Ait-Nouri 8
Raul 7
Neto 7

Hwang 5

Would have snapped your hand off for 10th at the start of the season but we have tailed off awfully and for much of the last three months looked every inch a relegation side. 1 point from 6 games against Norwich, Burnley, Newcastle, Leeds, Palace and Brighton absolutely killed us and denied us the best chance of Europe we are likely to have for a very long time.

Think Bruno will ultimately pay the price but those above him will quite rightly have questions asked about their role in not providing him with the support he was openly asking for.

Cheers to the boys for some great moments earlier in the year and to everyone on the Mix for their contributions.

And to Ruben, Romain, John and any others who are leaving this Summer…a huge, huge thank you for the best moments of my Wolves supporting life.
Hwang 5?
Boly 6 (tackle of the season)?

T

TheConcourse

Thought Neves was magnificent. As was Jimenez. Let’s be honest, if Neto stays on the pitch we win the game. They were shocking defensively.

No point in piling more on to Hwang. Can’t add anything that hasn’t been said. Sellars and Jeff deserve the bullet for the last couple of years recruitment activity.

One more bad one and we’re fighting relegation IMO.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I actually enjoyed the game, we actually created chances and should have had another 2 or 3.
Yeah we didn't deserve to lose that one.

Terrible form but shoots of good football today. With Jordan Graham/Temuri Ketsbaia on the wing instead of that Hwang fella, we probably win

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can’t really moan at that, beaten by a good side but made them work. Need to take our chances you can’t miss chances against Liverpool and get away with it. 3-1 flatters them a bit I think it was a competitive game for most of it. Interesting to see the players at full time very telling who will be moving on.

Which ones Jade?

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Played well, mostly.

I like Toti. Raw, but gave a good account of himself.

There are a hatful of players there I don't think will play for us again.

Worried about Neto.

Don't know if Bruno will stay. Actually don't care, really. His belief in Hwang has been his undoing.

It's easy to over-exaggerate how bad a player can be - Worst player ever, competition winner, etc - but I don't think I've ever seen it apply to anyone as much as this fella. Hwang is not a top flight footballer. He has no touch. He has no awareness. He has no skill. He's a fraud. I hope that the mad conspiracy theories about selling shirts in Korea are true, because the alternative is that someone somewhere at the club genuinely believed this human artichoke was a viable footballing purchase. They can **** off.

Glad Man City won the title.

Glad it's summer.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul, Donck, Neves were all very emotional. Saiss came over at the end too even though he wasn’t in the squad.

Strangely Moutinho went straight off down the tunnel. Bruno did a little bow in front of the away end after the players had started to walk off.

Cheers Jade.

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thank **** its over, thank **** the season is over. More of chore than enjoyment. Looking forward to 3 football free months.
Short memory. Presume you’d rather be watching lower division football like the majority of the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Short memory. Presume you’d rather be watching lower division football like the majority of the 80s, 90s, 00s and 10s.
It's all relative, no?

For example, has this season been as fun and as entertaining as League One was? No of course not.

Would I go back? No of course not.

Everything is relative to where we are, not where we have been.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s allowed an opinion, and to be honest, I totally agree with him. It’s been a grind for two seasons. A total grind. Time for a break.
Yes, a break would be good - except we're probably building up towards 2 solid months of moaning about a lack of transfer activity before the next bore fest!

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent performance, had a go and caused them problems, if Neto had stayed on we may well have got a second. Toti potential there to build on, better from Raul, Hwang a mixed bag but generally not good enough. great tackle from Boly to deny Salah

molineux man

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He’s allowed an opinion, and to be honest, I totally agree with him. It’s been a grind for two seasons. A total grind. Time for a break.
A total grind? A double against Villa, a win at Old Trafford, a win at Spurs, the comeback v Chelsea, other highlights too. I’ll happily take that total grind every season!

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We could have made substitutes with twenty minutes to go that would have maintained our counterattacking potential, but never mind.
A strange season, it will be an interesting summer.

Back
Top Bottom