Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Bruno Lage

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
It’s such a risky Summer this year.

Not only are we going to lose our best player and talisman, but also a number of senior professionals who have been big personalities and leaders within that dressing room for the best part of 5 years.

Moving away from three at the back, our identity for so many years, may give us the impetus to get 7th next season (the absolute best we can ever hope for) but could very, very easily result in a relegation battle. Remember the likes of Stoke and Albion moving away from their identity in search of ‘more attractive football’ and how that ended up for both.

There isn’t anything in Bruno’s CV to suggest that he is the man capable of leading a huge rebuild but it will be a massive challenge for whoever the Manager is.

Stick or twist?

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m genuinely impressed this squad might finish 8th!

I am too, but this is the end of an era I think. I’m not sure Lage will be leading us in the next phase of the project, but I don’t think the team / squad will be recognisable from Nuno’s of the first two PL seasons. I think he’s done well to get a top half finish but I’m not sure he’s the man to take us to regular European football.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I am too, but this is the end of an era I think. I’m not sure Lage will be leading us in the next phase of the project, but I don’t think the team / squad will be recognisable from Nuno’s of the first two PL seasons. I think he’s done well to get a top half finish but I’m not sure he’s the man to take us to regular European football.
That is a very fair summary and Iv just got in and about to have a curry with the mrs so will leave it there.

Viva Bruno and up the ****ing Wolves!!

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lage has done well with limited resources and a squad that must have known for weeks they many would be moving on. But his decisions in the last few games have been weird. Why play Chiquinho at RWB? Why not play back 4 against the likes of Norwich?

I think he deserves the chance to bring in some of his own players, but I wouldn't be crying if he moves on this summer.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Genuinely hate the the entitlement on this forum. Hope Bruno gets a massive pay off and ****s off from the idiots on this forum.

Wolves fans moaning about being 8th with this squad? Laughable.

**** squad as predicted in august, no **** does better with this lot.
They’re not moaning about being 8th.
The football we’ve seen most of this season is very unattractive and at times, our defence has huge gaps in it.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He reckons we controlled the game in the first half but then they scored. Well he must be joking, I thought pukki could easily have had a hatrick, that's not control, that's good fortune.
For the first time I am having serious doubts. Very difficult decision for Jeff n co this time.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Spent all season screaming at the useless ****s in front of him to go ****ing forward. **** squad as predicted in August.
I seem to recall Solbakken got sacked for trying to play a style the squad wasn't suited to....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He reckons we controlled the game in the first half but then they scored. Well he must be joking, I thought pukki could easily have had a hatrick, that's not control, that's good fortune.
For the first time I am having serious doubts. Very difficult decision for Jeff n co this time.

Controlled the game in the first half in which we should have been 2 down at half time?! Ok Bruno!

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Lage has done well with limited resources and a squad that must have known for weeks they many would be moving on. But his decisions in the last few games have been weird. Why play Chiquinho at RWB? Why not play back 4 against the likes of Norwich?

I think he deserves the chance to bring in some of his own players, but I wouldn't be crying if he moves on this summer.
This is how I feel. I think he’s done a fine job to get us 8th but if an opportunity comes up to replace him with a better manager we’d be mad not to take it.

Reaction score
Bruno needs to go. I've been to every home game this season and quite frankly its been a borefest.

Sick of the negative dross and balmy team selections. Jog on Bruno

Reactions: DPE

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is largely accountable for the insipid **** served up for the majority of this season.
He took the job knowing what was expected and what limitations he was working within.
If he has succumbed to rumoured player power then his position is untenable OR make sure those players are removed from the equation next season.

If he feels he has been shafted by Bull**** Jeff and his lapdog Sellars, then walk away.

Superted

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
There isn’t anything in Bruno’s CV to suggest that he is the man capable of leading a huge rebuild but it will be a massive challenge for whoever the Manager is
Yes, there isn't. But how many current managers have actually completed a full-on rebuild outside of Ferguson?

Managers tend to come in, maybe have some success, then results go downhill and they get sacked.

I can't think of a single manager that has completed two squad cycles. There's plenty that have built a squad but none that have built one, then dismantled it and built another.

Bruno hasn't had a chance to properly build his first one yet.

Not saying he'd necessarily get it right but he has been operating with one hand tied behind his back using a tired squad, largely assembled by someone else using a completely different philosophy.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He is largely accountable for the insipid **** served up for the majority of this season.
He took the job knowing what was expected and what limitations he was working within.
If he has succumbed to rumoured player power then his position is untenable OR make sure those players are removed from the equation next season.

If he feels he has been shafted by Bull**** Jeff and his lapdog Sellars, then walk away.
Easy to tell him to walk away when you don't have to feed his family or pay his bills.

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui was prepared to come in the Chump. It really depends on the deal he is offered (he will want money to spend).

Reportedly Nuno turned down Hwang and l can see why. I really fail to understand why we didn't wait until this summer to decide about the option. Hwang is bloody awful played wide... which is where Lage keeps playing him!

Lopetegui is a miserable ****, who can **** right off. He had no club managerial experience when he turned his back on us. He was sacked for having no clue at Real Madrid and has not taken Sevilla any further than they were before he went there.
The bloke has no personality, no loyalty and is a pretentious ****.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Surely this is a sackable offence? We have played Norwich 3 times and scored 1 goal. They have scored twice 2 draws and a defeat. This season home matches have been pretty much poor entertainment. Not very impressed.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Yes, there isn't. But how many current managers have actually completed a full-on rebuild outside of Ferguson?

Managers tend to come in, maybe have some success, then results go downhill and they get sacked.

I can't think of a single manager that has completed two squad cycles. There's plenty that have built a squad but none that have built one, then dismantled it and built another.

Not saying he'd necessarily get it right but he has been operating with one hand tied behind his back using a tired squad, largely assembled by someone else using a completely different philosophy.

I completely agree, which makes it such a hard decision.

His managerial CV is so limited that the only time he had a bad run previously, he was sacked. No idea really if he could manage a rebuild or turn things around and this season has been so mixed in terms of performances, that it doesn’t offer much of a clue either way. I’ve seen nothing in terms of the last 13 games, however, to suggest that we won’t have a very difficult year next season.

The money we get from Neves may be the last opportunity we have for a number of years to try and rejuvenate the squad. It’s crucial we get it right.

Like I say, it’s a really tough decision either way.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want something different next season, we've seen the same players peter out to nothing after really good starts.

Whether Bruno is the man or not I'm not sure, I think multiple changes might be a good thing though. New players & a new manager will breath life into the place.

Bruno will carry this over into next season.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lopetegui is a miserable ****, who can **** right off. He had no club managerial experience when he turned his back on us. He was sacked for having no clue at Real Madrid and has not taken Sevilla any further than they were before he went there.
Sounds perfect for us.:rolleyes:

Rabid Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He also seems to be quite argumentative as well. Everytime I've seen Seville he's either being booked or sent off for arguing with officials.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
dont sit on the fence

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Think he'd had 2 pretty forgettable years at Porto before we were in talks with him, but yeah his CV isn't as impressive as I'd thought it was at all.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wasn't a **** poor hand from November-February though was it. We were 4th in the form table and everybody doing their jobs and performing to standard.

Got absolute pelters on here when I pointed out that the results were masking really poor performances and underlying numbers.

We have been really poor for the past 3 seasons. Nuno at least had some tactical variety on his bench last season.

MikeH68

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He finished 8th with a **** poor hand. Style has been poor, but we haven't hit a groove yet. We aren't going to be beautiful with a damaged Neto and Jiminez.
Sorry a bit late to this show, but Leicester, Brighton & Palace can over take us?

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
haha love this. You’re not a fan then?

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Got absolute pelters on here when I pointed out that the results were masking really poor performances and underlying numbers.

We have been really poor for the past 3 seasons. Nuno at least had some tactical variety on his bench last season.
Yeah, Nuno probably tried more stuff than Bruno has this season. Just he can't coach that style of play (see Spurs) so it didn't work.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I just want something different next season, we've seen the same players peter out to nothing after really good starts.

Whether Bruno is the man or not I'm not sure, I think multiple changes might be a good thing though. New players & a new manager will breath life into the place.

Bruno will carry this over into next season.
Spot on. Everything is so stale, so dull, so boring. Cant knock a top half finish at all, but we will be bottom three next season if nothing changes. Ideally a new manager, new players and fresh impetus is desperately needed. There is just nothing there at the moment. Everything from the fans to the team just feels like its had the life sucked out of it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Wenger might have been a candidate but like Fergie long since gone.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think minus the past 2 months. He's been tactically astute. I'm not sure what we can go off, we just don't have any premier League quality forwards at the moment. I'm sure Neto will be better after a preseason.
Have you considered it could be Bruno’s tactics that have contributed to our strikers downfall?

Bruno is just some average joe. I can’t imagine any of the players look up to him or believe he can offer them anything to help them progress as players. He has no identity. He has no charisma. He is not a great man manager. His in-game management is the worst I have ever seen from any wolves manager. He is just some random twerp none of us had heard of 12 months ago that happens to be Portuguese. If his name was Brian from Preston that guy would not be anywhere near being a wolves or premier league manager.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He told me he’s not that keen on you either! :p

Back
Top Bottom