Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Tbh, I’m quietly excited by the prospect of the club having to rebuild the squad - regardless of who is in charge. Bruno’s position can/has been discussed at great length across different threads but I’m at a point where I’m indifferent to whether he stays or leaves.

But in terms of the team, I think most of us would agree that this squad have had some tremendous highs and some damaging lows with plenty of cheer and frustration along the way. Things have probably crept up to a natural end and the moving on/parting of ways is as inevitable as it is necessary.

I think this summer is huge and I’m just excited to see what happens for this great club next. WWFC is my passion and whatever the next steps on the journey, we will all continue to support the team, enjoy the new highs and despair at the things that we feel are not quite right. Ultimately I think this will be a summer of lots of movement in and out, and I really do think that this will be a period of intrigue and nervousness as none of us know which direction the club are going to be going. I for one will be looking on trying to be positive about the changes coming, but always being grateful and thankful to the departing/departed players and managers for their part in the most successful period in my lifetime.
Think this is a good summary.

I said after the City game that this group of players have gone stale. That’s not their fault necessarily, not anyones fault, it just happens.

Some of the players have achieved marvellous things and will rightly be hailed as heroes when they leave so whoever coming in will have big boots to fill. The key will be improving those key areas. It could well be a defining summer for the club and for the ownership. The potential is there to kick on and actually move the club forward, but too many mistakes in the market and we’ll be in trouble.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The clowns who paid:
1. 35 million - fabio silva
2. 27-35 million- nelson semedo
3. 12 million - hwang
4. 17 million - cutrone
5. 4.5 million - loan fee trincao
Yes ait nouri and sa were good signings but that's 100 million outlay i have listed above and if we were to sell today (aside trincao)we would be lucky to get a third back. Semedo is decent but never worth the money we paid.
Do you trust sellars to spend 100 million this summer if we sell neves , traore and gibbs- white?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It all seems so reminiscent of the late 1970s!
The majority of the League Cup winning team got “old” together…….
Exactly. Suddenly Richards, Hibbitt, Hughes, Parkin, Palmer and Carr weren’t the players they had been and the replacements such as Cartwright, Hollifield and Rudge were nowhere near good enough. I just hope we unearth some players like John Humphrey...

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Can we drop the criticism and negativity until after the window ends .. no one knows what will happen .. if we are not happy after the window ends then let rip .. everything is speculation now .. people will leave .. new players arrive just let it be .. there are suprises happening and I believe will be a good window .. its up to Bruno or whoever to gel them as a team .. I know the aim is top 6 .. will we acheive it who knows .. but they will give it a good go next season

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The potential is there to kick on and actually move the club forward, but too many mistakes in the market and we’ll be in trouble.
I don’t think there’s much chance we will “kick on”, the best we can hope for is stay at the same level and build some solid foundations to allow the club to steadily improve. As things stand it will take a massive improvement on recent recruitment to finish top half next season and I can see Newcastle, Brighton, Villa and Palace all finishing above us next season.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can we drop the criticism and negativity until after the window ends .. no one knows what will happen .. if we are not happy after the window ends then let rip .. everything is speculation now .. people will leave .. new players arrive just let it be .. there are suprises happening and I believe will be a good window .. its up to Bruno or whoever to gel them as a team .. I know the aim is top 6 .. will we acheive it who knows .. but they will give it a good go next season
One Man’s pessimism is another’s realism!

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Are you new here?

We could sign mbappe and people would still moan we need a target man

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
I don’t think there’s much chance we will “kick on”, the best we can hope for is stay at the same level and build some solid foundations to allow the club to steadily improve. As things stand it will take a massive improvement on recent recruitment to finish top half next season and I can see Newcastle, Brighton, Villa and Palace all finishing above us next season.
We’re currently 8th, and if we do end up replacing 4/5 of the current team, if the replacements are better then we should be able to improve on our current position. Ideally you’d be replacing 1-2 players every window rather than 5 in one go but it’s the position we’re in and we’ll have to deal with it.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed but we are relying on the guys who decided it was a good idea to sign Hwang in January.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You know what I’m worried about? No songs left….if rumours are left to be believed Raul, Neves, Moutinho and Coady could all go - going to be quiet next year, unless Albion are losing heavily.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We’re currently 8th, and if we do end up replacing 4/5 of the current team, if the replacements are better then we should be able to improve on our current position. Ideally you’d be replacing 1-2 players every window rather than 5 in one go but it’s the position we’re in and we’ll have to deal with it.
8th does not reflect performances! Good luck finding a better replacement for Neves when the fee we get will also have to fund other signings. It’s the position we’re in because recent recruitment has generally been poor so i find it hard to believe we’re suddenly going to improve four or five positions. I hope I’m wrong.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But that's half the fun.

Highlandwolf2

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The clowns who paid:
3. 12 million - hwang
4. 17 million - cutrone
Yes ait nouri and sa were good signings but that's 100 million outlay i have listed above and if we were to sell today (aside trincao)we would be lucky to get a third back. Semedo is decent but never worth the money we paid.
Do you trust sellars to spend 100 million this summer if we sell neves , traore and gibbs- white?
Spot on. If we had kept the £100M in the bank we wouldn't be much worse off...

R

reanswolf

The clowns who paid:
3. 12 million - hwang
4. 17 million - cutrone
I agree, he has been a ****-show so far, I don't trust his ability at all.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I find it really bizare the way that people blame Shi but not Fosun?!?! He is their puppet. Its like you are in denial, and Shi is the easy one to blame.
you really think they give one guy total autonomy on one of their investments?! That's not how China works
I get your point but ‘puppet’ is harsh on Shi ... he is a Fosun employee charged with looking after Wolves. Of course he won’t set the budget without discussion with those above him.

We shouldn’t forget that Fosun have delivered an awful lot and are arguably our most successful owners in many a year.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think they should stick to 5 to 10 million mark and look at teams like olympiocos or free transfers like andre franco.
We were in a great position before we bought fabio silva.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The clowns who paid:
3. 12 million - hwang
4. 17 million - cutrone

Everyone had a rave for silva when he joined, same with trincao, he was one that was always lauded on here to be signing, similar to some of the names that are being mentioned for this summer... 4.75m loan fee for someone who was highly regarded at the time is **** all tbf it hasn't worked out. It happens.

Silva was a gamble and still can pay off, the one that was destined to fail was Cutrone cause he never wanted to be here.

The neglect on certain positions, CB and CM has been the biggest downfall.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

all I'm asking for us a big fat WOW.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we didn't have Sellars involved I'd be inclined to agree.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Are you new here?

We could sign mbappe and people would still moan we need a target man
Notknew ..been on here years and understand the crap posted on here.. do not mind criticism but believe should wait until window closes as many things are about to change ..
I do wear rose tinted glasses about Wolves but I remember the Bhatti days when my beloved club was minutes from extinction so anything is better than that ..

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Notknew ..been on here years and understand the crap posted on here.. do not mind criticism but believe should wait until window closes as many things are about to change ..
I do wear rose tinted glasses about Wolves but I remember the Bhatti days when my beloved club was minutes from extinction so anything is better than that ..
I was in the Court on that day. Talk about nerves and being on edge.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The clowns who paid:
3. 12 million - hwang
4. 17 million - cutrone
That's the problem with your cut and paste diatribes, you forget to update parts of it. Hence you missed Semedo being one of our best players for two thirds of the season until he got injured. Funny how you don't list any successes. Boring one track rubbish which ignores the fact that without these "clowns" we'd still be rotting in the Chump.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If anyone thinks this is bad,wait till jos starts.He ay unwrapped his pampers yet. :tonguewink:

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
All i want is a flat back 4, a midfield snotter and a striker whose obviously not past it. Is it too much to ask?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It does seem strange that Sellers is nw the devil , and Kevin Thelwell was the devil but is nw the god of recruitment.....we was linked with hwang under thelwell, and tried to sign him before he moved to Leipzig......it was widely reported that Dendonker and Cutrone were Thelwell buys ....

Do people seriously think it was Scott Sellers who signed Fabio, Trincao, Wiliam Jose and forced Jorge to move Doherty , Jota and Traore on.....

With all recruitment there will be good and bad...

Last edited:

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Bruno or whoever…..

I’ve got a feeling he won’t be here too much longer.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I was at Butlins Barry Island,in the tv lounge watching the news.Chewin me fingers.:tearsofjoy:
I worked near the Law Courts and went into the public gallery. One of the creditors wouldn't agree to a deal that had been arranged and wanted to wind us up. The Judge, thankfully, over ruled it and we were saved.

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't know why that decision was rushed. Didn't make any sense.
I think there absolutely must be a financial incentive to do it early. ie buy him in jan and it costs £10M or buy in summer for £14M. It is the only logical conclusion. But still arguably the wrong decision, just more understandable.

Anyway I still wonder if we can actually get out of it, didn’t sound like we actually did the deal in January, we seemed to just verbally commit to the idea of it!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom