Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Away STs

R

reanswolf

My lad wants us to try and get one next season, but it is a closed shop isn't it?
Is there a waiting list just like the home STs?

I apologise, I know these issues have all been covered, but having never considered one previously was just wondering if they were like gold dust?

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Depending on who gets promoted/relegated will depend on how many ASTs there are. Usually if current ASTs don’t renew they’ll offer their spaces to the people with highest points.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
My lad wants us to try and get one next season, but it is a closed shop isn't it?
ID there a waiting list just like the home STs

I apologise, I know these issues have all been covered, but having never considered one previously was just wondering if they were like gold dust?
It's normally done on loyalty points ....some drop out , they normally offer the next one's in the line one....

R

reanswolf

Thanks both, so need to get on that waiting list at minimum.
Never get there sadly

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thanks both, so need to get on that waiting list at minimum.
Never get there sadly
No waiting list as such ...just need to get your supporter number as much loyalty points as possible...cup games , away games where tickets are available...... impossible just to get straight onto an away season ticket......it's a process or be it a difficult one..cup games home n away early doors are a must for loyalty points ..

R

reanswolf

No waiting list as such ...just need to get your supporter number as much loyalty points as possible...cup games , away games where tickets are available...... impossible just to get straight onto an away season ticket......it's a process or be it a difficult one..cup games home n away early doors are a must for loyalty points ..
Many thanks - I won't be able to get one and probably don't deserve to in all honesty, compared to others that is .

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Many thanks - I won't be able to get one and probably don't deserve to in all honesty, compared to others that is .
To be fair mate your best off talking to people...always tickets available at loads of games .. especially with games not being Saturday afternoon.....tickets passed on all over the shop.....the only downside is you dont not build your own points up.....the only way to build your own points up is by going to games like Newcastle on a Friday night....every cup game even if you don't fancy it ...

Can see people struggling going to every game next season.....try n pal up with someone with one.......

Last edited:

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had one many years so Don't know how they do it now to be honest.But I do know someone who got one about 6 years agew.And he wasn't asked anything about points.He walked in the ticket office,enquired about them and bought one there and then.Could have bin a mistake made from the office though.Thing is a lot of folk are gonna struggle this year with the cost of living increases.So some may become available.

Just spoke to him about it,the ony thing they asked him at the time was how long he'd bin a season ticket holder.But like I say that was 6-7 years agew.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair mate your best off talking to people...always tickets available at loads of games .. especially with games not being Saturday afternoon.....tickets passed on all over the shop.....the only downside is you dont not build your own points up.....the only way to build your own points up is by going to games like Newcastle on a Friday night....every cup game even if you don't fancy it ...
Was surprised how many empty seats there were at Newcastle, loads by us. Probably shows how hard it will be to accumulate enough points, if people are buying but not using tickets

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was surprised how many empty seats there were at Newcastle, loads by us.
And by me.....was one of the first games where away season ticket holders didn't have to go....so don't not see why people had the tickets and didn't turn up.....quite a few didn't go in the group I go with and they couldn't get people to have the tickets so didn't get them.....it was a stop over job wasn't it ...dear night......there are always tickets available for Newcastle, Brighton, Southampton, Norwich....etc

Newcastle went to general sale... anybody could off gone who wanted a ticket...

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Most home games go on general sale yet people pretend that they can't get tickets either so we need a bigger stadium. Burnley away will be interesting as well. Although small allocation

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Had one many years so Don't know how they do it now to be honest.But I do know someone who got one about 6 years agew.And he wasn't asked anything about points.He walked in the ticket office,enquired about them and bought one there and then.Could have bin a mistake made from the office though.Thing is a lot of folk are gonna struggle this year with the cost of living increases.So some may become available.

Just spoke to him about it,the ony thing they asked him at the time was how long he'd bin a season ticket holder.But like I say that was 6-7 years agew.

They were giving them away under Lambert. No points required, just a home season ticket.

Now, if a 'gold' ast packs their ticket in, it's given to a silver AST on the highest points.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

They were giving them away under Lambert. No points required, just a home season ticket.

Now, if a 'gold' ast packs their ticket in, it's given to a silver AST on the highest points.
It wasn’t just under lambert. The same applied under nunos first season. No points required just a home season ticket. They were still available after the season started for a while. Anyone who had a home season ticket at the start of nunos first season could have bought an away season ticket, but obviously people didn’t see the need and called it a waste of £50

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
This season they implemented a rule that it has to be used for 75% of games in order to be retained. Obviously though anyone not able to attend could still of bought tickets and pass them on so can't see it having much impact on the number of people retaining them.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

This season they implemented a rule that it has to be used for 75% of games in order to be retained. Obviously though anyone not able to attend could still of bought tickets and pass them on so can't see it having much impact on the number of people retaining them.
They implemented that rule 3 seasons ago. They then started this season with same rule. They then revoked the rule halfway through this season.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They implemented that rule 3 seasons ago. They then started this season with same rule. They then revoked the rule halfway through this season.

Nah it used to be 50% I'm sure.

Not received any such notification from the club anyway and I am an AST holder ever since before people bothered to get them.

kidder_wolf_II

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah it used to be 50% I'm sure.

Not received any such notification from the club anyway and I am an AST holder ever since before people bothered to get them.

Pretty sure Beller is correct.

It was 75% and they pulled that criteria midway through this season.

Personally until they start demanding proof of ID with the collecting of the ticket at a designated place near to the stadium on the day of the game we will always get fans buying and selling them on.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
It was 75% when the rule came in but like has been said, that rule has been scrapped.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Got offered one last year due to number of points but IMO it is a complete waste of money.

Essentially £100 for a ticket at BrentFord away

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Personally until they start demanding proof of ID with the collecting of the ticket at a designated place near to the stadium on the day of the game we will always get fans buying and selling them on.
There would be some genuine proper fans who that would affect as well..... people have used supporter number for years to get tickets....it's not right but been going on for years ..

When I didn't have a home season ticket for years , I hardly missed an away game using my mates number...you were stuck in the system

Told the story before on here.....had a mate who hadn't missed a home n away game for about 20 years.....when passport ID for the Europa tickets came in he was snookered... his home n away tickets were in his mom's name .. .stuck in a system.......after conversations etc , letters etc with the ticket office, they allowed him to change the name , and keep em but lose his loyalty history.....was in tears cause he couldn't get a tickets for crusaders away (still went in coperate).... Then had to build his loyalty back up.

Feel sorry for some fans who can't get tickets for away games but it's does take a lot of effort, time and money building up your loyalty points.....noticed some of the naysayers who moaned about away tickets on here disappeared when a trip to Newcastle on a Friday was available....thought it was pretty obvious tickets for that would be available..

ID would stop a lot things but if ballots and stuff came in like at some clubs , then I would jack it all in ..... straight loyalty points is fine. ...it's a lot harder at all clubs to get away ticket...no system will ever be 100% fair....

They never checked the passport right a some games away in Europe anyway.....a mate went in with another mates passport and one with his brothers ........there always a way... again some games were hard to get tickets but Armenia,Torino n Istanbul were available for everyone as we didn't sell out .....but everybody wanted to go to Braga ...

Last edited:

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Yeah not saying he's not correct that it has been scrapped, but I haven't had any notification from club regarding that and must have missed anything that was put out.

I do know it was previously at least 50% you had to use them for, then got 75% and take people's word that it has now been scrapped.

But as others have said it's nearly impossible to police.

Ultimately I got mine at a time when there were loads about, do I go to 75% of away games, not this season for sure due to personal circumstances I have to be a lot more selective now, does it get used 100% of the time, yes it very nearly does, maybe the odd game it's not used.

It's not fair but it's a reward for the money the club was getting off me when they weren't even selling out and the scheme was next to useless.

If the club change it I will have no complaints, in the meantime I'm afforded a privilege in a sense for showing commitment to the club at a time when there wasn't such a clamour for tickets.

I would have no complaints if the club changed it, I can very much see why people would find the system unfair but there are very few systems that will please everybody.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I will just add that I remember Sunderland away in 2006 (I think?) Already relegated, I had absolutely no trouble getting a ticket then even without an AST for me and a brother who didn't even have a season ticket. Had absolutely no trouble buying my AST in 2016??? Maybe? Not sure how long they had been out then, under Zenga I think it was.

Anyone bemoaning the fact they can't get an AST is doing so because they want one now because we are a much better side to watch, there were no such complaints about the system when it was brought in and we could barely shift them, I don't think they were even all sold out at first and now we have a two tier system.

For all the systems faults it does afford privilege to individuals who were happy to pump money into the club's coffers back when there were far less people willing to do so.

But I am bias.

D

Deleted member 7862Bler

Yeah not saying he's not correct that it has been scrapped, but I haven't had any notification from club regarding that and must have missed anything that was put out.

I do know it was previously at least 50% you had to use them for, then got 75% and take people's word that it has now been scrapped.

But as others have said it's nearly impossible to police.

Ultimately I got mine at a time when there were loads about, do I go to 75% of away games, not this season for sure due to personal circumstances I have to be a lot more selective now, does it get used 100% of the time, yes it very nearly does, maybe the odd game it's not used.

It's not fair but it's a reward for the money the club was getting off me when they weren't even selling out and the scheme was next to useless.

If the club change it I will have no complaints, in the meantime I'm afforded a privilege in a sense for showing commitment to the club at a time when there wasn't such a clamour for tickets.

I would have no complaints if the club changed it, I can very much see why people would find the system unfair but there are very few systems that will please everybody.
the removal of 75% was in the email from the club with the dates for Everton tickets as per following thread.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
the removal of 75% was in the email from the club with the dates for Everton tickets as per following thread.

Never doubted you, don't read most emails tbh.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most home games go on general sale yet people pretend that they can't get tickets either so we need a bigger stadium. Burnley away will be interesting as well. Although small allocation

Brighton at home. There are currently 46 tickets available in SW2 (GH) and 4 in the family enclosure - a total of 50 home tickets. Yeah mate, plenty of space if you don’t mind getting wet when it rains.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Brighton at home. There are currently 46 tickets available in SW2 (GH) and 4 in the family enclosure - a total of 50 home tickets. Yeah mate, plenty of space if you don’t mind getting wet when it rains.
Wait till the corporate packages go back, they say sold out but a decent amount of the complimentary tickets will go back. Usually at least 50 odd per game.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wait till the corporate packages go back, they say sold out but a decent amount of the complimentary tickets will go back. Usually at least 50 odd per game.

Let’s say you’re right. That’s still no more than 100 out of almost 30,000 and half of those appear at short notice, and that’s before considering where people would like to sit and with whom. The stadium is full and has been since we were promoted. Even after the recent purge, there’s still 7k on the STH waiting list, and even if they were all accommodated, there will still be people seeking individual match day tickets.

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will just add that I remember Sunderland away in 2006 (I think?) Already relegated, I had absolutely no trouble getting a ticket then even without an AST for me and a brother who didn't even have a season ticket. Had absolutely no trouble buying my AST in 2016??? Maybe? Not sure how long they had been out then, under Zenga I think it was.

Anyone bemoaning the fact they can't get an AST is doing so because they want one now because we are a much better side to watch, there were no such complaints about the system when it was brought in and we could barely shift them, I don't think they were even all sold out at first and now we have a two tier system.

For all the systems faults it does afford privilege to individuals who were happy to pump money into the club's coffers back when there were far less people willing to do so.

But I am bias.
The first ever Premier League Black Country Derby sold out on 1040 points. It was £42 a ticket but 4 away games got you a ticket.

That was for a game in November - which ended up postponed and re-arranged.

Moseley Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Currently 1100 gold AST and 500 silver AST. Will be interested to see how many we have next season if new applications not allowed.
Can’t believe many will give up but makes sense with the 5% ballot to stop new ones.

Blackpool Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Difficult one but all premier league clubs are sleepwalking into a bleaker future in that there is little or no chance for youngsters to get the away day buzz.

5% ballot is step in right direction

they need to move to a straight percentage of seats being given to way fans - ludricous we only get 3k of 75k at Man U

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still can't get my head round how people are willing to pay 60 quid for basically a few extra loyalty points, but moan when season tickets rise?

Back
Top Bottom