Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

If not Lage, then who....

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Appreciate this may get a few backs up and be deemed disrespectful, but hey ho.

I'm normally all for giving managers time, but in some cases - like Solbakken and Lage I don't get great feelings - indeed both arguably have lost the dressing room.

If not Lage, who else is there out there? I don't want to chop and change managers / coaches every year, but if the manager isn't right.........

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody who will set us up to attack and score a few goals
The problem is we keep recruiting players with poor goalscoring records. Any coach will struggle to overcome that simple fact, and will in light of this probably inevitably prioritise keeping the ball out at the other end.

I have no knowledge of the Portuguese league, so I cannot comment on likely Lage replacements, as I expect we would inevitably simply call upon Mendes to give us the next cab off the rank, rather than genuinely cast our net around.

Maybe Lage himself could eventually get Wolves to score goals regularly, but not with the players at his disposal.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lage can get us to attack but not with this squad so overhaul needed

Players have downed tools, that says a lot about them. If it means we cash in on those who aren’t committed so be it. Our FFP and accounts will be great. Build on what kids we have that are ready and start again.

If not Lage then who good question!!

Low, Klinsmann, Lucien Favre, Bielsa, Dyche, Jorge Jesus, Fonseca, Albert Celades, Big Sam, McCarthy??

Not a great choice really. If we want attacking football you have to maybe look at Steve Cooper or Thomas Frank but these managers will want backing. Cheap option Dyche or Mick but that’s playing for 17th every season again. Huge risk to take now

Last edited:

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dream - Ruben Amorim (Sporting )
-Sergio Conceicao (Porto)
Realistic -Pedro Martins (Olympiakos) -Paulo Fonseca

Probably hate the appointment, but would he do us a decent job Sean Dyche...and he probably has as much credentials in the premier league as the other managers I have mentioned...

oldgoldheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im sure everton fans were asking the sane question last season…..

My colleague who was at the match said he couldnt believe the booing as we are in a great position. He was in the away end

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If not jeff shi and scott sellars then who?The money wasted over the last two years is obscene and has put us in a weak position.
Bruno Lage big mistake was criticising hoever publically. Now the players have downtooled.Compare our effort to everton's over the weekend.

Manic88

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Will get shot down for this but ultimately;

We shouldn't have sacked Nuno.

Was waiting for these first of these.

If we’re going down anyway fair point, but at least Lage has got us one more season in the prem at a minimum…

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I'm normally all for giving managers time, but in some cases - like Solbakken and Lage I don't get great feelings - indeed both arguably have lost the dressing room.

If not Lage, who else is there out there? I don't want to chop and change managers / coaches every year, but if the manager isn't right.........

well from what I've heard,and from some players asked about him,they said he was a very hands on coach who never stops thinking of the game.And is well liked within the group.That was perhaps a few wiks agew.So has Bruno given them a rollicking and the players dow like it.Meaning it's the players who have threw their dummys out.I had a fight rollicking off my boss,and if I'd have had bad mouthed him,or gone on a go slow.I'd have bin sacked.I would have loved to have bin in the dressing room if it had bin somebody like Vinny jones.Or Joey Barton.

Last edited:

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So Lage is now not the messiah? From manager of the month to the managerial merry go round in a few short months.
I think Lage deserves another season to have a proper go at transforming us. That will no doubt require a net spend but now we have ducked Europe (perhaps deliberately) we can hopefully have a fresh wave of investment if the conditions are less stringent.
Either way it's a bit rich to dump him after a top 10 finish whatever the current trajectory. Sadly he has been dumped on by losing Podence when it mattered like Raul with Nuno and we just don't have the strength in depth.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I quite like how Graham Potter goes about his business.

Never quite got the buzz with potter, this season he has had a 6 game consecutive loss streak and an 11 game winless run.

I just don't see why people rate him so highly... did well abroad and did OK nothing more with Swansea and is doing OK with Brighton.

Himleywolf

Reaction score
I can't believe some of the threads on here.

8th in the Premier league, yes that's right 8th in the Premier league we're having a bad run no one can deny that but do we seriously think changing the manager will make all the problems go away?
We surely have to give him a summer transfer window don't we?

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe some of the threads on here.

8th in the Premier league, yes that's right 8th in the Premier league we're having a bad run no one can deny that but do we seriously think changing the manager will make all the problems go away?
We surely have to give him a summer transfer window don't we?
I'm hardly reactionary in my general posting in fairness.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Viable?

I like the idea of Cooper, seems to be a cracking manager and players at Forest seem to be running through walls for him, but he won't fit our portfolio so we have to choose from the usual suspects, namely the Mendes client list.

Bruno, the writing to me is on the wall. Id rather cut the plaster off now.

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Viable?

I like the idea of Cooper, seems to be a cracking manager and players at Forest seem to be running through walls for him, but he won't fit our portfolio so we have to choose from the usual suspects, namely the Mendes client list.

Bruno, the writing to me is on the wall. Id rather cut the plaster off now.

Would get the very best out of MGW though. As he did at the U17 World Cup!

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The way Raul has been this season he would be first name on the transfer list we have to be ruthless here no room for sentiment if we want to progress
If we could get decent money for him then I'd do it but who is going to sign a north of 30s forward in dire form coming off that head injury. Just have to hope he finds his form again, however unlikely it looks

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They maybe able to get out of the Hwang deal but yes those two have underperformed along with many others….. Raul being very high on that list
Underperformed would mean they had the natural ability but haven’t performed . Not sure they have it in them .

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Julen Lopetegui
Gian Piero Gasperini
Adi Hütter
Christophe Galtier
Lucian Favre
Ernesto Valverde
Bruno Genesio
Matthias Jaissle
Ruben Amirom
Jorge Jesus

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks good in a two horse race l agree.

Proven winner , wherever he has managed across the World and international level, at the same time playing an attacking brand of possession football ….
Wouldn’t leave Celtic for Wolves but Id have him at the top of my list to replace Bruno.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Proven winner , wherever he has managed across the World and international level, at the same time playing an attacking brand of possession football ….
Wouldn’t leave Celtic for Wolves but Id have him at the top of my list to replace Bruno.
I’d think he’d want to have a crack at the PL sooner or later. He’s always challenged himself as a manager and now he’s finally got to Europe, testing his mettle in the Prem would be seen as the next logical step. But you are right, he’s only just got through the door at Celtic, he will be there for at least another 2 seasons if it doesn’t go awry.

Reactions: Ian
Back
Top Bottom