Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would try to keep everybody except our front line , that needs a big overhaul. There are hardly any goals or assists in the lot.
Raul, Trincao, Podence , Neto, Traore , Hwang MGW and Silva can all go ( sold or on loan) if we bring in 5/6 decent replacements .
Wouldnt mind Raul MGW, and Neto staying to help and be helped the new guys. Making only 3 top quality new guys necessary .

Last edited:

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know it's ridiculous to start worrying now about next season at this stage, but this summer is huge.

Jiminez is shot, Hwang poor, and without Neves (our only genuine top 6 quality player) we will fail to score many goals again.

We face losing a lot of games by the odd goal next season.

I thought this last season, and was proved partly correct. We pass too slow, our strikers have largely proven to be goal shy through their careers, and we don't have enough drive from the midfielders.

Neto has time if he gets a good preseason, but even he has looked a shadow of the player.

I did think Fabio looked like a good player in the making, but he really would benefit from a season in the championship and a run of 40 games.

Depressed after the last couple of games, it just proves how fine the margins are for this club - Neves, Kilman, Podence were big misses, but add in a shot Jiminez and we are going to struggle.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone looked at Newcastles position in the table . Thats before they get going ! :eek:

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need major backing and refresh the squad with quality.

Only attacking player we have that I want to see starting is Neto and that's a question if he can get back to what he was and stay fit.

Raul, I'd sell, Silva and champbell I'd loan, Hwang and Trinaco I don't want. Podence, Chiq and MGW I'd have as rotation players. Adama sell for whatever we can to help fund.

Need two strikers and another winger. Need atleast two midfielders and a centre half.

Maybe even rethink our whole shape tatically.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need major backing and refresh the squad with quality.

Only attacking player we have that I want to see starting is Neto and that's a question if he can get back to what he was and stay fit.

Raul, I'd sell, Silva and champbell I'd loan, Hwang and Trinaco I don't want. Podence, Chiq and MGW I'd have as rotation players. Adama sell for whatever we can to help fund.

Need two strikers and another winger. Need atleast two midfielders and a centre half.

Maybe even rethink our whole shape tatically.
Your dreaming. .. totally unrealistic..

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
Your dreaming. .. totally unrealistic..
Agreed.

With Jimenez and Silva in attack effectively not scoring a decision needs to made with these two but I can't see any buyers in the market at a decent price.

The Adama/Trinaco Barcelona position looks a mess.

The biggest problem with the squad is post Covid there's very little money in the clubs buying market and we have a certain amount of dead weight in the squad.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But a lot of our failure to score stems from having the weakest midfield options in the division.
Even with Neves we are severely limited, without him we are just **** poor.

I still think its more our attackers. I mentioned it yesterday, but our 3 main wider attacking players this season, have only managed 9 goal contributions between them ( Traore 1 goal, Trincao 1 goal, 1 assist, Hwang 5 goals 1 assist ) in 70 or so games in the premier league. The midfield does need beefing up, but its the lack of output but when you look at that, plus an out of form Raul and Neto not yet fit, its clear in this formation those are the players who arent doing the job.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Amazing what effect a quality central midfield signing can have on a club along with a transfer window where the owners provide proper backing.

We gambled on no injuries. That backfired big time but even with our best midfield its our attacking players who are not producing the goods.

Mighty Thor

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We can change the team and buy a ton of new players…, or we can change the manager to someone who can set them up so a team consisting of many international attacking playing like raul, Neto, trincao, podence, moutinho etc manage a single shot on goal in 90 mins.

Puddled Duck

Reaction score
We gambled on no injuries. That backfired big time but even with our best midfield its our attacking players who are not producing the goods.
Not necessarily, Silva was brought in and don't forget Cutrone who I think is still out on loan to bolster our attack!, there's £50 million right there, building an attack costs serious money with no guarantee of return?. Jeff likes to keep investment by FOSUN at a reasonable level to avoid a Villa and now Newcastle silly investment money situation?.

KBWWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But a lot of our failure to score stems from having the weakest midfield options in the division.
Even with Neves we are severely limited, without him we are just **** poor.

You can't say that, we've had Boly, Neto, Hwang, and Jonny all return from injury. Don't need no more players.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Quality over quantity for me to add to what we've got, of course it also depends on numbers of outgoings and who they are too.

A midfielder and a target man being the top 2 priorities.

For mid field Someone like Ward Prowse, though think it would be difficult to get him, i.e. could be expensive/overpriced, seems happy where he is, would we be seen as a big enough step up to entice him away

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves is the key I feel. If he loves Wolves as much as some on here say that he does then he could well stay and sign that contract extension (assuming there is one on the table); especially if he sees long term ambition by the owners.

Conversely if Neves is simply a sellable asset in order to fund a re-build, then who can deny him moving to a team that will offer him Champions League football next year.

thommo1984

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For mid field Someone like Ward Prowse, though think it would be difficult to get him, i.e. could be expensive/overpriced, seems happy where he is, would we be seen as a big enough step up to entice him away
Never, ever happening. Not remotely the kind of signing we make.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anyone looked at Newcastles position in the table . Thats before they get going ! :eek:

They still have Eddie Howe and have had a good run of fixtures against **** teams or teams playing poorly (we definitely are in the latter category).

Next season will be a rude awakening for them if they think are challenging the Top 6.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know not everyone believes in xG, but Infogol currently have us as the 13th best team in the league Infogol

Virtually everyone will agree that Sa has outperformed this year. Like a few other people, I'm really worried that he moves back towards the norm next season, which could leave us very, very vulnerable if this summer's recruitment goes wrong. And yes, Mixers like @Cornwall Wolf say good things are going to happen (and I hope they're right) but the track record of Shi and Sellars is poor and getting worse.

It's a simple fact in footy that incompetence off the field is inevitably reflected in failure on the field, whether it is Man United or Oldham Athletic.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That was`nt a team that wants European football! Just had two weeks on the training ground and it really looked like they were still on it!

Gutless performance, they were just going through the motions.

Thing is they didnt have 2 weeks on the training ground. Lage gave them over a week off which I felt was odd. A few days yes but some were off for nearly ten days! Far too long in my opinion. They should spend some time on working how to shoot and take set pieces as both are dreadful.

wolfgar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Even if we retained the current squad exactly as it is I'd still want to see us bring in a striker, winger, CM and CB this summer. I'd personally also like to see MGW returning.

As things stand its highly likely that Traore and Trincao won't be here, and there are also big question marks over the likes of Neves, MGW, Saiss and Moutinho. I wouldn't even rule out the likes of Donk, Boly, Raul Coady or Semedo being moved on either if a deal looks good. I'd love to say I'm supremely confident it will be smooth sailing and that the club will play a blinder on this, but its hard not to feel a little anxious given what we've seen in previous windows. Last season it was all 'trust us we got this' and it all ended up in blind panic.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

Thing is they didnt have 2 weeks on the training ground. Lage gave them over a week off which I felt was odd. A few days yes but some were off for nearly ten days! Far too long in my opinion. They should spend some time on working how to shoot and take set pieces as both are dreadful.
On the latter they have been practicing shooting all season. There are no natural goalscorers in the whole squad apart from Raul, and he is off it this season (for a good reason).
You can't teach natural goal scoring (by the very nature of the word natural). It's an instinct, and very few players have it. Bully was one, John Richards was another.
They do practice set pieces, but the most important thing is the ball in. You can practice that all day long but in the heat of a game it's a different kettle of fish. Ait Nouri is probably the best player we have for putting a ball in on a free kick, but he hasn't played for a while.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I fear the worst, I really do.
Thing is, everything says this every summer! I genuinely thought we would be a relegation battle this season, which is why I'm still generally upbeat despite the worrying downturn in performances.

Depends what you're fearful of: bottom half is very plausible - there isn't a lot between us, Southampton, Brighton etc. But I imagine the odds on us going down will be 20-25/1, which I think is about accurate. That's under the assumption we sell Neves and have a net spend of zero.

I keep banging on that it's not the money that's important, it's the calibre of the player coming in. Of the last 4 windows, you'd be hard pressed to find too many 'failures'. We still generally seem to get it right.

The big problem is our very poor Goals For column. And the consequent problem that it can be a very very boring watch

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I have been saying for a while now, particularly after defeats, that a new spine is needed.

CB to replace Saiss and improve on Boly (Milenkovic)
CDM and CAM to replace Moutinho and add another body to the squad (Palhinha and Nunes)
ST to challenge Raul and Fabio (Maxi Gomez)

If we do that and bring back Sarkic for Ruddy, Giles for Marcal and MGW for Trincao we are looking good.

The only other change I may then look for is Guedes or Rafa Silva in if one of Neto, Podence, Hwang or Chiquinho is deemed surplus to requirements.

5 new additions is the very most this team needs. We are 8th!

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have been saying for a while now, particularly after defeats, that a new spine is needed.

CB to replace Saiss and improve on Boly (Milenkovic)
CDM and CAM to replace Moutinho and add another body to the squad (Palhinha and Nunes)
ST to challenge Raul and Fabio (Maxi Gomez)

If we do that and bring back Sarkic for Ruddy, Giles for Marcal and MGW for Trincao we are looking good.

The only other change I may then look for is Guedes or Rafa Silva in if one of Neto, Podence, Hwang or Chiquinho is deemed surplus to requirements.

5 new additions is the very most this team needs. We are 8th!
Palhinha n Nunes will cost ya 75/80m .....it all sounds good ....but are we gonna spend 150m.......

Andywolf74

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We need to bring in 3 or 4 players that can hit the ground running and go straight into the first team. Our luck with injuries has masked some poor recent transfer windows and the inevitable injuries accrued in recent months has highlighted our real lack of strength in depth. Without a really good summer transfer window, I fear the backs to the wall odd goal victories will diminish and we’ll be struggling at the wrong end of the table.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom