Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

So has Doherty taken his game to the next level?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doc was all over the shop today not a good showing but he wasn’t as bad as some. We certainly had the pants of mr levy down there!!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Doc was great for us for a number of years but that move to Spurs looked doomed from the start.

Semedo is miles better defensively and has been brilliant for the best part of 12 months now. In the discussion for Player of the Season so far.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was great for us for over 300 games. I couldn't give a **** how he does for Spurs.
Spot on.
Got a good fee for him after he'd turned out to be an absolute bargain buy from Bohs.
He served us very well.
From his perspective he got an upgrade in pay....... From ours we got a better replacement.
Anyone knocking Doc from his time with us has a short and ungrateful memory.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Doc was great for us for a number of years but that move to Spurs looked doomed from the start.

Semedo is miles better defensively and has been brilliant for the best part of 12 months now. In the discussion for Player of the Season so far.
I’ve said this before - I watched Semedo for Portugal vs France and he had Mbappe in his pocket the whole game. Now he’s settled he is one of the main reasons we are doing as well as we are.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will always be grateful to Doc for what he did for us, absolutely loved the fella in a Wolves shirt. He'll always be part of our history but he's not one of our boys now, so quite frankly, I couldn't care less, same goes for Jota.
And Traore.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He has an ideal role at Wolves were he didn't have to get up and down just make late runs into the box. Didn't have to do a fat lot of defending either

dewolfman

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I liked doherty too and rated him, but saying in the interview he’s going to the next level was a bit disrespectful.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

You could change Doc’s name to Nuno‘s as well for your first paragraph Tring.

I rated Semedo from the day we signed him. Yes he took time to settle but in no way was he as bad as some Mixers said he was. Good to see the criticism has stopped and he is being given the praise he deserves.

He gets up and down just like Doc did but doesn’t drift into the opposition six yard box as often. That’s no way a criticism because (I agree) he defends miles better and is quicker.

Nelson is a vital part of our miserly defence and deserves as much credit as Jose, Max, Conor, Romain and RAN/Marcal.

He’s a brilliant wing back who is right up there amongst the best in the Premier League imo.

Last edited:

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant for us for 3 crucial seasons, and not too shabby in the other seasons. When we sold him he had just had a full season as the best RWB in the league after TAA.

Looks like with hindsight we sold at the right time for a solid fee. But he does deserve to be respected for his time with us.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Brilliant for us for 3 crucial seasons, and not too shabby in the other seasons. When we sold him he had just had a full season as the best RWB in the league after TAA.

Looks like with hindsight we sold at the right time for a solid fee. But he does deserve to be respected for his time with us.
This

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Today demonstrated the difference between 4 average full backs, (Davies, Doherty, Royale, Sessegnon) and 2 high quality full backs in RAN and Semedo. They take teams to a different level.

RAN is gonna be a star. Hes unreal for his age.
Absolutely essential position in the modern game. I could make a strong argument that Trent and Cancelo are top 3 players for Liverpool and City respectively

W

WasStefan

Absolutely essential position in the modern game. I could make a strong argument that Trent and Cancelo are top 3 players for Liverpool and City respectively
Robertson, Walker also in that discussion for me. All 4 unreal.

In terms of Wolves there is a massive difference when we play Marcal. I used to think he was a good defender horrific footballer. But now i realise its just that RAN is at a completely different level of skill.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Robertson, Walker also in that discussion for me. All 4 unreal.

In terms of Wolves there is a massive difference when we play Marcal. I used to think he was a good defender horrific footballer. But now i realise its just that RAN is at a completely different level of skill.
Yeah James as well, Chelsea aren't anywhere near as good without him.

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Nah he wasn't he was bang average bar one season before Nuno. Was excellent largely in the Prem but always a limited player
And yet has still contributed more in his premier league seasons with Wolves than Semedo ( who I think is a fine player btw and would never go back to Doc now)

Ian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The wing backs were crucial to Nuno's Wolves and Doc was one of the main reasons for the success ( along with Douglas & Jonny to a lesser extent)

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

The wing backs were crucial to Nuno's Wolves and Doc was one of the main reasons for the success ( along with Douglas & Jonny to a lesser extent)
If you are comparing him to those players I just mentioned I dunno what to say. Nuno sold him because he knew that Doc had hit his limit, didn't have the legs to get up and down, he made brilliant runs & had an excellent football brain but his passing was very poor. He essentially got to play as an inside forward.

He did very well for us, but the deal was an excellent one.

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Him and Adama tore City a new fabric at Molineux. Doesn't work quite the same now in our current system.

Doc and us got a good payday and we got a player that is perfect for how we play.

Everyone wins, no bitterness, but it's sad to see him get booed by 'his own'.

Back
Top Bottom