Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Small time Jeff strikes again.....

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Income isn't profit though. Income is before expenses are paid. In your family example, it would mean half as much left over as pure savings after your living expenses and luxury holidays have been paid for. Unpleasant, but nowhere near a financial problem at all.
Ok, I know that of course but it was a loose example.
My point was that a drop of nearly a £1B is not insignificant when I was replying to the other poster.

KFordOriginal

Groupie
Reaction score
Doubt it, he’s either ****ed off to China or is re-painting the Billy Wright stand. Have you seen him around recently? Hopefully he’s ****ed off for good and not just for Chinese New Year.

As for my tickets, no reply but I don’t really care. I emailed them, tried calling and if I get it back great, if not then I can look at it as money spent pre-Covid when Fosun had ambition. No different to the Olympiacos money that I am still owed but will likely never see again.

Enjoy your happy clapping and being oblivious to what is really happening. I also saw all of the **** in the late 80’s and 90’s; had a season ticket throughout. Just because we are doing better in the league today, doesn’t mean we will be doing so tomorrow, or that everything today is better. Hayward had far more ambition, class and decency than Jeff Shi, even if he was equally clueless.
Bye

North West Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Come on fellas, be nice.

Although if HK can afford to live in HK then the price of one decent night out in Lan Kwai Fong for a season ticket shouldn't hurt too much!! :)

I remember when a few of us met Shi, nice guy but didn't understand the passion of how us (or some of us) fans operate or think at all.

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The academy is pretty good in comparison to the last 20 years.
Corbeanu, giles and sanderson would fetch 15 million combined. We have a lad called nigel lonwijk who is very highly rated. What bar do we set cundle at? That's five players from the top of my head. And mgw dammit.
I can see what they are doing at grasshoppers. Buying the best asian players through wolves for 1 million each and developing them to sell for five to ten million.
Imagine grasshoppers in the champions league and a global audience with wolves loan players on show.

Last edited:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doubt it, he’s either ****ed off to China or is re-painting the Billy Wright stand. Have you seen him around recently? Hopefully he’s ****ed off for good and not just for Chinese New Year.

As for my tickets, no reply but I don’t really care. I emailed them, tried calling and if I get it back great, if not then I can look at it as money spent pre-Covid when Fosun had ambition. No different to the Olympiacos money that I am still owed but will likely never see again.

Enjoy your happy clapping and being oblivious to what is really happening. I also saw all of the **** in the late 80’s and 90’s; had a season ticket throughout. Just because we are doing better in the league today, doesn’t mean we will be doing so tomorrow, or that everything today is better. Hayward had far more ambition, class and decency than Jeff Shi, even if he was equally clueless.

I’m ****ed off at being lied to and taken for a fool by those ********s during pre-season. If the ticket prices hadn’t been increased for absolutely no justifiable reason, then I would be disappointed and not angry at the small time mindset. To take the **** on the back of a global crisis is disgraceful. If they want to treat me as a customer and not as a fan then I’ll act like a customer. I paid for ambition and so that we could compete, where is it? This is all the result of Jeff Shi’s small minded and not big picture mindset.
Really confused by you and how you got so angry so quick with your drama queen ST post…

seeing posts like the above, and I just ignore them really as they are OTT in my opinion and disrespectful. You can moan about prices, plenty have but there seems to be more venom and vitriol in your posts than just ST hike.

Then I notice a thread that someone else has linked in another thread … and who is on there SINGING the praises of the current management- and that includes your freind Jeff who you show nothing but contempt and utter disrespect and dislike for…. It’s you?

4A027C26-1DE6-49EA-9C58-53D94542AE27.jpeg

Irish_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Really confused by you and how you got so angry so quick with your drama queen ST post…

seeing posts like the above, and I just ignore them really as they are OTT in my opinion and disrespectful. You can moan about prices, plenty have but there seems to be more venom and vitriol in your posts than just ST hike.

Then I notice a thread that someone else has linked in another thread … and who is on there SINGING the praises of the current management- and that includes your freind Jeff who you show nothing but contempt and utter disrespect and dislike for…. It’s you?

View attachment 26624
I would have said the same in 2018.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just out of interest. Jeff was in the Queens Cantonese Restaurant Queens Streeet early Sunday evening. He was on his own for around fifteen minutes stood in front of our table waiting for his takeaway. Heavily engrossed on his phone screen time. I was tempted to casually stand behind him and have a nose. But thought better of it!

MasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't really rate Jeff anymore. Nothing against him personally as he seems like a nice bloke, but I just don't think he's cut out for this role. Perhaps he does just need to see this through to get more experience as he's never worked within a football club; but that'll come at our expense. Some of his past remarks have come across as naive e.g. saying we'll be bigger than Man City. He simply set expectations too high. Now he has to deal with the consequences of saying stuff like that.

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest. Jeff was in the Queens Cantonese Restaurant Queens Streeet early Sunday evening. He was on his own for around fifteen minutes stood in front of our table waiting for his takeaway. Heavily engrossed on his phone screen time. I was tempted to casually stand behind him and have a nose. But thought better of it!
Scanning the mix

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree with those calling for a change of thread title, it’s highly offensive. It should read:

‘Jeff the incompetent, small time, liar strikes again.’

As for the thread itself, I agree with Joe and those being critical. An opportunity to rectify and re-balance the squad, push on and strike for glory, and it wasn’t taken. The opportunity to penny pinch and weaken the hand of our manager was.

If Jeff Shi had sat in the 1990’s Molineux he would have said “wow big TV’s”. He wouldn’t have seen 2 of them like most of us, he would have seen 200 32” TV’s in 2 locations.

I know some of those in denial/paid by the incompetent Jeff to spout bull**** will be on here soon, saying we are 8th and everything is great. It’s a fact that we are 8th, but for how long is the question? I could probably enter the marathon at the Olympics and be 1st after 400m; I won’t be there at the end though will I? We won’t finish in Europe either, not due to the players or manager, but due to Jeff Shi.

Small time thinking which is what WolvesJoe stated is spot on. Jeff Shi is fixated on the here and now. His head is so firmly in the trough, that he can’t see that keeping Traore and/or adding a Sanches etc and winning a ‘potential’ £30mill+, is better than loaning out Traore for a ‘potential’ £29mill. Neither is guaranteed which is why loaning out Traore epitomises his mentality, and why he needs to be removed from his position.

As great as Fosun have been, ever since the Covid started something has changed. What I do know is that if we continue to not invest, our best players will leave and we will become Aston Villa under Randy Lerner MK2.

The difference between us and Villa is not the starting point (they finished 6th 3 times under Lerner) it’s that their academy isn’t ****, whereas ours is run by an incompetent on a power trip (Sellars).

There isn’t a lot we can do as fans other than protest and withdraw financial support to the club. Whilst I won’t be protesting mid season (out of respect for the manager and players), I won’t be spending another penny until Shi, Sellars and Vinny Moxey are removed. I don’t approve of deception (price rises so that we can compete), and I think it’s disgraceful to be charging fans more money during a pandemic when no outside investment is being made. Let’s not forget that Fosun have never posted a loss during Covid, only profits. It’s absolutely disgusting.

I never expected to say it, but enjoy Neves while you can, enjoy Bruno Lage while you can, and if Fosun don’t react by the summer, I would like to thank them for their good work and to see them leave. Until things change, Wolves have lost 4 ‘legacy fans’ (season ticket holders) and gained 4 ‘new super fans’ (armchair fans)
1643745683621.png

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

View attachment 26624
Look at the date, that was in 2017. If nothing else I’m consistent in what I say. Pre-Covid the ambition was there and I couldn’t really fault Jeff or Fosun. I didn’t criticism them during the Zenga period, as I appreciated the effort and ambition. Post the 1st lockdown things have changed and the ambition has gone.

Whether Jeff was always an amateur and Dalrymple covered for him I don’t know. What I do know is that he lied to us this summer and put up the ticket prices, which to me showed how much he really thinks of us. It’s all well and good saying how much football missed the fans during the lockdown etc, but to me it looks like the second they could, they fleeced us. The Man Utd prices were an outright disgrace (I was in pool 1 and didn’t go), and then the season ticket prices were the icing on the cake. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, believed the “trust us” but now I’m done with the lies. That act of contempt towards the life and blood of the club (the fans) in my eyes is as good as going to war with us. Perhaps you are happy to pay more, perhaps you can overlook the lies, but he crossed my boundary and there is no coming back from that. Jeff Shi is a complete ****** that merely pretended he gave a **** about the fans.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We’re 8th

We’re profitable

We’ve been 7th twice, to Wembley and to European QF.

I’m mad we haven’t signed anyone. I’m mad Traore went how he did. I’m terrified of losing Neves & Moutinho.

But anyone saying Jeff or Fosun are incompetent is a ****ing idiot.
Or you’re the ****ing idiot for not seeing the warning signs.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look at the date, that was in 2017. If nothing else I’m consistent in what I say. Pre-Covid the ambition was there and I couldn’t really fault Jeff or Fosun. I didn’t criticism them during the Zenga period, as I appreciated the effort and ambition. Post the 1st lockdown things have changed and the ambition has gone.

Whether Jeff was always an amateur and Dalrymple covered for him I don’t know. What I do know is that he lied to us this summer and put up the ticket prices, which to me showed how much he really thinks of us. It’s all well and good saying how much football missed the fans during the lockdown etc, but to me it looks like the second they could, they fleeced us. The Man Utd prices were an outright disgrace (I was in pool 1 and didn’t go), and then the season ticket prices were the icing on the cake. I gave them the benefit of the doubt, believed the “trust us” but now I’m done with the lies. That act of contempt towards the life and blood of the club (the fans) in my eyes is as good as going to war with us. Perhaps you are happy to pay more, perhaps you can overlook the lies, but he crossed my boundary and there is no coming back from that. Jeff Shi is a complete ****** that merely pretended he gave a **** about the fans.
Mate I've got two family members who work at wolves and they both said Dalrymple was useless and did a grand scheme of naff all ......

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Mate I've got two family members who work at wolves and they both said Dalrymple was useless and did a grand scheme of naff all ......
Perhaps he was, but the guy knew what we needed to hear and could communicate. Communication now is worse than under Morgan when he went into hiding!

I don’t know how much input Dalrymple had in say things like kids ticket prices etc; but someone had a big picture perspective back then. Everything from the fireworks, the stadium plans, tidying up of the stadium, the training ground, new pitch’s, the switch to addidas etc all happened whilst he was there. The moment he left all of that stuff went to **** or has become neglected. Whether he was useless or not, things were better back then in every single aspect.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Perhaps he was, but the guy knew what we needed to hear and could communicate. Communication now is worse than under Morgan when he went into hiding!

I don’t know how much input Dalrymple had in say things like kids ticket prices etc; but someone had a big picture perspective back then. Everything from the fireworks, the stadium plans, tidying up of the stadium, the training ground, new pitch’s, the switch to addidas etc all happened whilst he was there. The moment he left all of that stuff went to **** or has become neglected. Whether he was useless or not, things were better back then in every single aspect.
The fireworks were stopped for health n safety..... Nothing else...one hit the top of the Steve bull stand and went in the crowd...they haven't been used since ...stop making stuff up.....
.things were different yes, we was newly promoted and on a high.... expectations or delusions whatever you wanna call them have changed....things ain't perfect no , but things are still good....dont go overboard..... We've got so much to be happy about ......

Last edited:

Leominster_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That’s why I asked, your stance now is angry, vitriolic and disrespectful IMO. 3 1/2 years ago was complete opposite, full of praise for them compared to ‘previous management’

i understand the moans about ticket prices, don’t necessarily agree, but understand and wouldn’t criticise anyone for moaning. But in reality, the price of everything is going up, always does.... you pay your Money or not.

the only thing I actually agree with you about is the Man U ticket price. I do think that was out of order, I do think that was excessive and unnecessary- IMO it would have/should have been a ballot and free entry as a ‘welcome back’. But I can forgive that as a lack of judgement.

You talk about a lack of ambition and yet we are performing well (although I’m sure you’ll say that’s more by luck than judgment) sitting nicely in the table, with a chance (albeit probably an outside one) of European place and financially healthy.
would I have liked a big signing or two? Yes, but if they were right for the club. Right player, right time, right price.
Would I want some owner coming in hocking the club into big debt, spunking money left right and centre with a scattergun approach - no.

I’m ****ing happy with the club and our owners and Jeff. Do they make mistakes, definitely. But I certainly don’t see them as some sort of target for what is verging on sinophobia from a lot of the posts on here. I understand people are disappointed but also need wake up and have some sort of reality check

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great communicator. We saw him sell wolves to the world on grandstand when he gave a tour to the bbc. He allowed us to dream with his description of fosun's vision of a new stadium.

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Ambition is the beating heart of all football clubs, apart from Wolves.

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The fireworks were stopped for health n safety..... Nothing else...one hit the top of the Steve bull stand and went in the crowd...they haven't been used since ...stop making stuff up.....
.things were different yes, we was newly promoted and on a high.... expectations or delusions whatever you wanna call them have changed....things ain't perfect no , but things are still good....dont go overboard..... We've got so much to be happy about ......
Proper scary that was too. Liverpool game wasn’t it?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Proper scary that was too. Liverpool game wasn’t it?
Think so, it was about Christmas time.... remember seeing it from top of the north bank .....it was a shame cause the fireworks were great but after that they we're never gonna happen again....

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
That’s why I asked, your stance now is angry, vitriolic and disrespectful IMO. 3 1/2 years ago was complete opposite, full of praise for them compared to ‘previous management’

i understand the moans about ticket prices, don’t necessarily agree, but understand and wouldn’t criticise anyone for moaning. But in reality, the price of everything is going up, always does.... you pay your Money or not.

the only thing I actually agree with you about is the Man U ticket price. I do think that was out of order, I do think that was excessive and unnecessary- IMO it would have/should have been a ballot and free entry as a ‘welcome back’. But I can forgive that as a lack of judgement.

You talk about a lack of ambition and yet we are performing well (although I’m sure you’ll say that’s more by luck than judgment) sitting nicely in the table, with a chance (albeit probably an outside one) of European place and financially healthy.
would I have liked a big signing or two? Yes, but if they were right for the club. Right player, right time, right price.
Would I want some owner coming in hocking the club into big debt, spunking money left right and centre with a scattergun approach - no.

I’m ****ing happy with the club and our owners and Jeff. Do they make mistakes, definitely. But I certainly don’t see them as some sort of target for what is verging on sinophobia from a lot of the posts on here. I understand people are disappointed but also need wake up and have some sort of reality check
It’s really not hard to see my position and why it has changed. You treat me with respect and I’ll treat you with respect. Take the **** and treat me like a piece of ****, then you’ve burnt your bridges. That’s what has happened here. It happened with Moxey and it’s happened with Shi.

As for all of your other points, I keep seeing this reference to 8th and how great things are, but that is all on the back of the previous good work. No one is criticising pre-2020 Fosun, it’s the now that’s the problem. Things are going downhill, even the manager keeps coming out in public and stating we need more players.

Jeff Shi and Scott Sellars should be nowhere near the upper management levels of a premier league football club, Sellars especially.

Last edited by a moderator:

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Think so, it was about Christmas time.... remember seeing it from top of the north bank .....it was a shame cause the fireworks were great but after that they we're never gonna happen again....
West Ham at home. It shouldn’t even be an issue as it only happened due to someone not doing their job properly. The bloke still had the fireworks in his hands when they went off.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

View attachment 26624
That's some turn around in a relatively short amount of time lol. I wonder if it has anything to do with Chinese involvement in Hong Kong recently? Hmmn, nah, couldn't be that, could it?

It could

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a myth about his wages.

Interesting, cheers for that. Even so, it's still costing a UK club £1m a month if they were to take him and keep him on the same take home pay, seems the tax changes in Italy that are outlined in the article did Ramsey (or Juve) a big favour

Eastern Wolf

Reaction score
There are a lot of ungrateful "fans" here who forget where we came from just a few years ago. I know that the verbal garbage being spouted against Jeff and Fosun is from a small minority with ulterior motives, but they are very insulting, personal and plainly wrong. Fact is we are a well run club, financially stable, have world class players, capable head coach and successful on the pitch. Would a Forest, Derby, Sunderland fan swap places with us? I would say gladly.
So to those haters, smell the coffee and take off your shades for once. But I guess you would complain even if we won the league. Hate for hates sake. It's always the same the posters (trolls rather). Go and and spend some of your hate time on the Albion pages won't you?
Im not a happy clapper but i really do appreciate where we are at the moment. I will not let hate cloud my judgement and ruin my current fantastic Wolves experience! (I've waited long enough for it). Supporting a football team has its ups and downs (we've had more downs than ups in the recent past) . Accept it. Chill out. If you can't take the rough with the smooth then football is not for you.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are a lot of ungrateful "fans" here who forget where we came from just a few years ago. I know that the verbal garbage being spouted against Jeff and Fosun is from a small minority with ulterior motives, but they are very insulting, personal and plainly wrong. Fact is we are a well run club, financially stable, have world class players, capable head coach and successful on the pitch. Would a Forest, Derby, Sunderland fan swap places with us? I would say gladly.
So to those haters, smell the coffee and take off your shades for once. But I guess you would complain even if we won the league. Hate for hates sake. It's always the same the posters (trolls rather). Go and and spend some of your hate time on the Albion pages won't you?
Im not a happy clapper but i really do appreciate where we are at the moment. I will not let hate cloud my judgement and ruin my current fantastic Wolves experience! (I've waited long enough for it). Supporting a football team has its ups and downs (we've had more downs than ups in the recent past) . Accept it. Chill out. If you can't take the rough with the smooth then football is not for you.
We have all got to keep the faith now it’s all still to play for!!

Stingray II

Reaction score
I read many EPL fan forums, and we're generally no different to other fans. There's only ever a small number of forums where fans feel great - usually due to an unanticipated upturn in achievement. It never lasts though. As soon as a team achieves unprecedented success, some fans demand more. Most online fan posts seem miserable most of the time. I'm aware that the Squeaky Wheels make the most noise, which misleads the reader who only has access to online viewpoints (like me). My best experience of that is visiting Wolverhampton 2018 Christmas time. The vitriol on here was that Nuno should be sacked as he's reached his limit. From 6,000 miles away, I was dumbfounded. I thought he was doing great. When I got to Wolverhampton, I found that most fans felt like me and the negativity I see online is not representative. As I read these pages, I remind myself of that.

Looking back over the last 40 years, I'm thrilled to be where we are now and how secure I feel in the top league in the World. I watch every game live on tv and have some miserable days when we don't win and play badly, but many magic days too. What skilled players we have. We all watch the same games, yet experience different emotions and form different opinions. My guess is that at the core of this is one's personal expectation and hope. My expectation this season was to never be in a relegation fight (we're not). My hope was to finish in the top half (10th would be great) - we might get that. Miserable losing days aside, I'm having a great season. I'm loving it. I'll be thrilled if we do better.

If you set your expectation on breaking top four, European football etc., then I understand the frustration because we are not there. It follows that some angry posts will appear. There's nothing wrong with high expectations, and it's perfectly normal to be unhappy when expectations are not met. That's normal human behavior. Maybe my expectation is too low, but it's making me happy.

I do think that the difference of opinion on how we are doing is simply a measure of our own personal expectation. Wolves are doing what they're doing. That 's no different for any of us. It is only our own personal expectation that is distorting it.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I read many EPL fan forums, and we're generally no different to other fans. There's only ever a small number of forums where fans feel great - usually due to an unanticipated upturn in achievement. It never lasts though. As soon as a team achieves unprecedented success, some fans demand more. Most online fan posts seem miserable most of the time. I'm aware that the Squeaky Wheels make the most noise, which misleads the reader who only has access to online viewpoints (like me). My best experience of that is visiting Wolverhampton 2018 Christmas time. The vitriol on here was that Nuno should be sacked as he's reached his limit. From 6,000 miles away, I was dumbfounded. I thought he was doing great. When I got to Wolverhampton, I found that most fans felt like me and the negativity I see online is not representative. As I read these pages, I remind myself of that.

Looking back over the last 40 years, I'm thrilled to be where we are now and how secure I feel in the top league in the World. I watch every game live on tv and have some miserable days when we don't win and play badly, but many magic days too. What skilled players we have. We all watch the same games, yet experience different emotions and form different opinions. My guess is that at the core of this is one's personal expectation and hope. My expectation this season was to never be in a relegation fight (we're not). My hope was to finish in the top half (10th would be great) - we might get that. Miserable losing days aside, I'm having a great season. I'm loving it. I'll be thrilled if we do better.

If you set your expectation on breaking top four, European football etc., then I understand the frustration because we are not there. It follows that some angry posts will appear. There's nothing wrong with high expectations, and it's perfectly normal to be unhappy when expectations are not met. That's normal human behavior. Maybe my expectation is too low, but it's making me happy.

I do think that the difference of opinion on how we are doing is simply a measure of our own personal expectation. Wolves are doing what they're doing. That 's no different for any of us. It is only our own personal expectation that is distorting it.
I’m pretty certain not one poster said Nuno should be sacked in 2018.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
To be honest, I don't really rate Jeff anymore. Nothing against him personally as he seems like a nice bloke, but I just don't think he's cut out for this role. Perhaps he does just need to see this through to get more experience as he's never worked within a football club; but that'll come at our expense. Some of his past remarks have come across as naive e.g. saying we'll be bigger than Man City. He simply set expectations too high. Now he has to deal with the consequences of saying stuff like that.
I agree that they should never have come out and made that original statement which fans and players bought into. I suspect it was a mix of naevity and saying what they thought the fans wanted to hear. There is also a huge difference between running an organisation such as a football club which by its nature has such emotion following it. Its difficult to think of another industry or sector that wpuld have such passionate emotion connected to it. If your local takeaway gets taken over and increase their prices, you have the choice to either pay it or find Nother takeaway. Football there is no choice. You pay it or you cut your nose off to spite your face.

I do feel Jeff and wolves have been forced into reduced communication because everything they say gets critically analysed and taken as gospel or manipulated by fans to their own agenda. Even at the start of this window, they came out and said we wont be doing any business unless it was the right deal. And yet we mostly chose to believe that the right player must be out there therefore we must be doing business. They are damned if they do and damned if they dont say anything.

But holding against them that initial naevity that we will be bigger than man city when we are seeing the best team, performances and results for 40 years seems churlish. Who knows what tomorrow brings, we could drop down the league like a stone, we could push for top 4/6 but this team, the board and leadership for today have earnt our trust over the last 5 years

Back
Top Bottom