Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

January 22 transfer window

PTW

Reaction score
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
3m
Barça-Dembélé, it’s over Police cars revolving light

Barcelona director Alemany announces: “It’s clear that Dembélé does NOT want to continue with Barcelona. He doesn’t want to be part of our project”.

“We told Dembélé he has to leave immediately. We expect Ousmane to be sold before Jan 31

Does this mean Adama to Barca ?
Adama Traore football profile has nothing to do with what Xavi likes in football players. So no, he will never go to Barcelona.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Doesn't guarantee anything

Look at Vestergaard at Leicester. Many a poster on here thought he was a great signing but he's been an absolute disaster
I suppose it shows that signing players just for the sake of it is a bad recipe! The majority of the seasoned premier League pros who have moved this season have been underwhelming. It's the untried, cheaper players like Dennis and Sa who have excelled

Bob Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yeah, shame he picked up a knock, looks a real talent

You look at next season and thank he’d be a great addition but then Hoever has hardly had a kick this season, and unless we’re switching him to RCB sooner rather than later Bolla will be brought back to sit on our bench as understudy to Semedo at best

I have heard it said a few times the club still see Hoever as a CB long term, but there doesn’t seem to be any great push to play him there any time soon so I’m not sure… never mentioned as an option for the CB crisis at the last game that went to Toti

If we manage to get into Europe maybe we can justify having 3 RWB’s (plus Jonny) but I hope Bolla is brought back for the summer at least to show what he can do
I think Hoever will be an excellent CB once he fully physically develops. Would be keen to send him out on loan next season to the championship to get him some minutes and bring back Bolla to cover RB/RWB.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last seen in the premier league around the time of the dinosaurs
One trick pony snotters maybe, but plenty of players that can do the job but also play a bit. Rodri and Fernandinho, Fabinho, Kante, Romeu at Saints even.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Hoever will be an excellent CB once he fully physically develops. Would be keen to send him out on loan next season to the championship to get him some minutes and bring back Bolla to cover RB/RWB.
I agree, the lad needs minutes. Another season on our bench won't do his development any favours. I'm a fan of the Champ loans and what it does to our young talents so a loan for Hoever, and Bolla to be back up RWB (with Jonny) next season works for me... and then Bolla gets the time he needs in the UK and with Bruno to learn our system and settle also

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Easy to forget he has only just turned 20 as well

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How tall is hoever? There are different reports that he is either 5 foot 10, or 6 foot. Is he tall enough to be a centre half?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A seasoned professional? Someone to Pepper up our midfield? Maybe Basil Stillen, the St Gallen midfielder, a Sage choice in my view, and it's Thyme the club acted. He could certainly Cumin to the team, Nutmeg the opposition and you wouldn't Bayleaf the improvement.
What a salty response....

giantwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
How tall is hoever? There are different reports that he is either 5 foot 10, or 6 foot. Is he tall enough to be a centre half?

Transfermarkt have him as 6ft - 2cms shorter than Coady. No idea if either are correct, just there as a rough guide

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabrizio Romano
@FabrizioRomano
·
3m
Barça-Dembélé, it’s over Police cars revolving light

Barcelona director Alemany announces: “It’s clear that Dembélé does NOT want to continue with Barcelona. He doesn’t want to be part of our project”.

“We told Dembélé he has to leave immediately. We expect Ousmane to be sold before Jan 31

Does this mean Adama to Barca ?
Big difference between the way Barca called time on Dembele after 7 months negotiations yet we continue to try to persuade Traore to stay after more than a year. Outcomes will be the same regardless.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Big difference between the way Barca called time on Dembele after 7 months negotiations yet we continue to try to persuade Traore to stay after more than a year. Outcomes will be the same regardless.

Dembele's contract expires this summer, so we can keep talking to Traore for another 12 months if you want to match Barca's strategy.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dembele's contract expires this summer, so we can keep talking to Traore for another 12 months if you want to match Barca's strategy.
For me the lack of commitment shown by Dembele has been more than matched by Traore.
I'd like him to stay, but not at any cost (in wages).

D

Deleted member (smith)

And he has been offered a substantial pay cut according to the press…

D

Deleted member (smith)

If my boss was begging me to take a pay cut by pleading poverty, and then splurged €55m on a transfer for Ferran Torres, I think I'd tell them where to go too.
Very difficult to understand ….Messi was staying and announced he had volunteered/ accepted a 50% pay cut and then told he had to leave …he had been there more than 20 years… Quite how they got in this mess that their salaries exceeded the cap by so much is a mystery to me.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Very difficult to understand ….Messi was staying and announced he had volunteered/ accepted a 50% pay cut and then told he had to leave …he had been there more than 20 years… Quite how they got in this mess that their salaries exceeded the cap by so much is a mystery to me.
Messi was the star for many years. His own greed helped ruin the club he loves.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If my boss was begging me to take a pay cut by pleading poverty, and then splurged €55m on a transfer for Ferran Torres, I think I'd tell them where to go too.
If Torres is the missing piece of the jigsaw that enables your team to win trophies maybe not… It’s possible some of the experienced Barca players know they’ve had it incredibly good for a long time and want to be successful on the pitch more than add another zero to their bank accounts.

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Torres is the missing piece of the jigsaw that enables your team to win trophies maybe not… It’s possible some of the experienced Barca players know they’ve had it incredibly good for a long time and want to be successful on the pitch more than add another zero to their bank accounts.

What a weird view.

What should he do in that case if he doesn't think Torres is the missing piece of the jigsaw? Or if he thinks Torres is a PR signing designed to satisfy fans and attempt to paper over huge gaps in their squad building?

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a weird view.

What should he do in that case if he doesn't think Torres is the missing piece of the jigsaw? Or if he thinks Torres is a PR signing designed to satisfy fans and attempt to paper over huge gaps in their squad building?
It’s a possibility, I’m not judging whether a good or bad one. Another is that the high paid Barca players know they won’t get anywhere near as much anywhere else and will take pay cuts, the payback being another contract.

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't 3 or 4 of Barcas senior players (Busquets, Pique inter alia) take VOLUNTARY pay cuts in order to allow the club to make some signings over the summer ?
So if your colleague jumped off a cliff would you? Barcelona signed legal documents agreeing to pay Dembele a large salary. Through no fault of his, they have over reached and are now coming with a begging bowl in one hand and the other handing out more contracts! He's absolutely right to tell them to do one. The mad thing is they think they can just instruct him to leave and he'll be gone. Someone is going to have to match his existing salary, if not he's totally justified in picking up his salary and seeing out his contract.

Adama on the other hand has longer on his contract, and is asking to be made one of our top earners, when he's not even a guaranteed starter.

There is nothing even vaguely similar between these two situations

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Didn't 3 or 4 of Barcas senior players (Busquets, Pique inter alia) take VOLUNTARY pay cuts in order to allow the club to make some signings over the summer ?

Most of these were done in exchange for longer contracts, so a very normal trade-off, rather than out of goodwill. Messi's proposed contract was particularly dodgy, as it included a paid 2 years after he retires, as a club ambassador on £ several hundred thousand per week still.

Back
Top Bottom