Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

We’ve signed Trincao!!!

Wolf79

Groupie
Reaction score
UsWe really are. People get blinded by the excitement he can bring but i dont think as a football team we can afford to carry such a luxury at this moment in time. Not saying i think we can carry Trincao either but we do look more fluid and well rounded without Adama, but we lose that bit of explosive brilliance.
Wouldn’t be upset if Adama is sold but no way should we be signing Trincao for £26m, he doesn’t impose himself in the game & is so one footed. If his right foot was half as good as his left he might be a decent player, frustrates me even more than Adama.

Pseudonym

Groupie
Reaction score
Not sure many will agree with me here but I feel we are a better side (better balanced) with Trincao in the side ahead of Traore....

Feel Trincao is better suited to Lage's system, him cutting inside a lot more gives Semedo so much more space to run into plus his one touch play is so much better!

The talent is there with him I don't doubt that but time for him to show it on a consistent basis..

100% agree on all fronts. We actually play football with him in the side, as opposed to just one-dimensional releases to Adama and hope he does something miraculous.

He is also much more suited to what Lage wants, and ultimately, Lage has proven enough so far for us to trust in him and his system.

Whether Trincao is value for money as it currently stands is another matter. I don't think he is currently and needs some goals/assists in the league to marry his potential with immediate output

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do think even though he is nowhere near his top form, he balances the side better. At times i think we should just persevere with him until Neto gets back to get him more used to the physicality here.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Must score today, can't have another performance where he allegedly creates and links up play despite having the least touches on the pitch

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trincao definitely needs to find that extra 10%. Bruno is showing faith in him and he needs a good match today to reward that faith. If he can get his first goal his confidence will soar. Definitely has the talent to succeed but needs more commitment , physicality and consistency.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still unsure about this lad. He has ability, but doesn't fill me with confidence. Maybe Bruno can Silvaise him.?

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He was good first half today but disappeared second half as usual. Showed some very nice skills it has to be said.

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can understand now how fans see things differently.Because he didn't do anything for me today,and I'm one that really like him.And have said many times that he needs time.I fully agree that he needs to toughen up though.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way at £26m.

I think there's a player in there, but think we could get much better for that kind of money.

That's the problem ain't it. We don't own him and he hasn't shown enough yet. Given another year to progress then he may do but that's a lot of money for no goals, no assists, little danger, and only ever 45 minutes of even ok play.

He had some lovely touches today so I'm still hopeful. Time left yet for things to click. If he was £15m then worth the risk maybe.

Loaning young players unfortunately has this issue. It may take them a year to settle and a year to produce but we only get the first.

Black Coffee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No way at £26m.

I think there's a player in there, but think we could get much better for that kind of money.

At half that he might be worth a punt but at full price I agree I would definitely steer clear.

The worrying thing is we can't say he has had little game time as he has played a lot of football, He just does not look like someone who should be a starter nor worth £25M.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he did ok today, he actually pressed and if you look at the first goal he presses to win the ball back. He pressed well second half as well but wasn’t as involved but seems to have built an understanding with Semedo. He’s got plenty of skills, but quite a lot doesn’t quite come off, he also tries the higher risk passes as well.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is an awful player - the Portuguese Andy Keogh at his most inept.

No bottle, no pace, no fight, too lightweight. loses every battle and nearly always off the pace both mentally and physically - personally I wouldn't pay him in washers.

He has taken over from Semedo on my meh list this season.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think there's a decent player in there that's close to coming out, and he's getting a lot of credit for his defensive shape work but I do get the frustration... I've found myself trying very hard to contain it when he goes in for another challenge he should win and comes away with nothing, and zero goals or assists mean it's very hard to add up the £25M or so for his fee, and his apparent big wages

If we are budgeting and balancing like we are, then I have to say it's money that may well be better spent elsewhere right now

He has to do more, but at least he looks like he has it in his locker to do more, but we need to see it over the second half of the season to justify what would be a big transfer for us right now

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought his performance was abit meh, just lacks the wow factor for me, when he went off we created alot more albeit the game was stretched

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
Not doing enough for me. Maybe he'll be more productive and creative in second half of the season but at the moment I'm sure there are better players out there for £25m

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont rate him at all like playing with a man less and would happily send him back.

Wolf in Kenilworth

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He backs out of challenges which I ****ing hate. He runs out of steam very quickly too.

I think there is a fantastic player in there though I really do. Maybe not for us right now but in time.

Back
Top Bottom