Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team for Watford

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Jimenez is ineligible due to the muppetry of the FA

I'd go with:

Sa

Semedo/Boly/Coady/Kilman/RAN

Neves/Moutinho

Trincao/Silva/Adama

RAN for more attacking options (even though Sarr might warrant Marcal), Boly replacing Saiss for obvious reasons and Silva over Hwang as is customary with a new signing

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
4 at the back for me now, until we play Liverpool in December. Start with Kilman & Boly and keep our fingers crossed that it works.

Sa
Semedo Kilman Boly Marcal
Neves Moutinho
Podence
Trincao Traore Hwang

Play Adama down the middle. He’s as likely to score as Silva, which is unlikely, but may cause a lot more trouble. As always, get your best players into the team and I hope that Hwang fits into that category.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Alienwolf.

Another anti-Coady person?

There is a lot more to Coady than you see on the surface. Did you know he is a regular in the England squad?

Pathetic!

However we are all entitled to our opinion and I agree with you about Traore.

Last edited:

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks like Jimenez is ineligible due to the muppetry of the FA

I'd go with:

Sa

Semedo/Boly/Coady/Kilman/RAN

Neves/Moutinho

Trincao/Silva/Adama

RAN for more attacking options (even though Sarr might warrant Marcal), Boly replacing Saiss for obvious reasons and Silva over Hwang as is customary with a new signing
If Boly is back do you not think we’ll leave killman on the right and let Boly have his (seemingly) preferred left position?

bennymacca

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Assuming no Jimenez due to FIFA/FA international duty issue.
If we get that many shots on goal with 5-2-3 and the preious teamsheet, don't change it against Watford. A big confidence-building win is needed.

Sa
Semedo Saiss Coady Kilman Marcal
Neves Moutinho
Trincao Silva Adama

Subs:
Hwang for Silva
Podence for Trincao
Dendoncker for Moutinho

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
---------------------Sa-------------------
---------Kilman----Coady----Saiss--------
-Semedo---------------------------Marcal-
-------------Neves----Moutinho----------
-Trincao----------------------------Traore-
-------------------Silva-------------------

Subs:
Ruddy
Boly
Mosquera
Hoever
Ait-Nouri
Dendoncker
Cundle
Podence
Chan Hwang

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman - Coady - Boly
Semedo - Neves - Moutinho - RAN
Trincao - Silva - Adama

Subs - Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Dendoncker, Podence, Hwang, Mosquera, Hoever, Cundle

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Jiminez can't play ?

Will things start to get any better soon . Shi and Sellars may as well join the circus .

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’d quite like to see the hybrid back 3 / back 4 Bruno seemed to tinker with in preseason.

Assuming Raul will be missing as has been suggested:

Sa
Semedo Kilman Coady Marcal
Trincao Neves Moutinho RAN
Silva Traore​

T

TheConcourse

Alienwolf.

There is a lot more to Coady than you see on the surface. Did you know he is a regular in the England squad?

Pathetic!

Funny ain’t it? When Mason Greenwood ran past him like he wasn’t there for the second time on Sunday I heard him shout…

“How dare you, Mason. I’m an England international don’t you know?”

What’s also funny is that so is Tyrone Mings. I wouldn’t want him either.

T

TheConcourse

Marcal has been great, but if we’re playing a back three then I’d like to see RAN there.

Sa
Boly Kilman Marcal
Semedo Neves Moutinho RAN
Traore Trincao
Silva

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo Kilman Boly Marcal

Dendoncker Neves

Trincao Podence Traore

Jimenez/Silva (dependent on Mexico)

That team would look superb with Caleta Car instead of Boly and Sanches instead of Dendoncker. Oh well, cheers Jeff, back to Saiss and Coady no doubt.

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
I wonder if Hwang will be fit enough to start up top instead of Raul if necessary? I guess he will be on the bench and Silva would start. Has he played any football this season, even pre-season?

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman Coady Boly
Semedo Marcal
Neves Mouts
Trincao. Traore
Jimenez

Bring on Podence and Hwang

Alienwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Alienwolf.

Pathetic!

Crikey Jack, you’re nipping at my ankles there.

I really am a Coady supporter and he’d be in my team every time, if we were playing a back 3. In a back 4, however, we have better players.

Halesowen wwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Funny ain’t it? When Mason Greenwood ran past him like he wasn’t there for the second time on Sunday I heard him shout…

“How dare you, Mason. I’m an England international don’t you know?”

What’s also funny is that so is Tyrone Mings. I wouldn’t want him either.
At least mings got some game time. Id prefer coady not to be called up to england at all currently as what seems to be senior cheerleader as he would have had a 2 week window to train with wolves during this international break and get him practiced in that defensive midfielder role. And for those saying he isnt a midfielder and he has admitted he is too slow, coady clearly has quality in tackling and passing abilities, so just move him forward 15 yards in front of the defenders as opposed to sweeping up after them. He will never be a kante up and down the pitch but at least it frees up neves further up field with an option to have an attacking midfielder as well. He can easily step back into a 3 at the back when defending and push on into midfield when we have the ball. I seem to remember thats exactly what sevilla did do us, 3 at the back but with the central defender pushing on into midfield when they had possession.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unchanged I guess - unless we can’t play Raul, so then bring in Silva

Will Wolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Jiminez can't play ?

Will things start to get any better soon . Shi and Sellars may as well join the circus .
Article by Wolves about players on international duties and didn't mention Jimenez so not sure...
Saiss and Hwang were included.

Wolves

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be nice to have podence start, he is probably the biggest goal threat after Jimenez, but unless we change formation hard to drop Traore or Trincao.

GV Wolf

Reaction score
Assuming no Jimenez due to FIFA/FA international duty issue.
If we get that many shots on goal with 5-2-3 and the preious teamsheet, don't change it against Watford. A big confidence-building win is needed.

Sa
Semedo Saiss Coady Kilman Marcal
Neves Moutinho
Trincao Silva Adama

Subs:
Hwang for Silva
Podence for Trincao
Dendoncker for Moutinho
The problem is Watford have strengthened and if they score first I don’t see us scoring two. To think two years ago we were all excited about playing in Europe and beating top sides in the premier league. I hope I’m wrong about the Watford game - I just want us to win!

Dan G WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Boly Kilman Marcel
Trinaco Neves Moutinho Adama
Hwang
Silva

D

Deleted member 9202LYK

Ruddy

Semedo/Boly/Coady/Kilman/Marcal

Neves/Moutinho

Trincao/Silva/Adama

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Kilman - Coady - Boly
Semedo - Neves - Moutinho - RAN
Trincao - Silva - Adama

Subs - Ruddy, Saiss, Marcal, Dendoncker, Podence, Hwang, Mosquera, Hoever, Cundle
This for me but Pod instead of Trincao. It's a very good side, albeit one lacking a proven goal scorer.

Silva seems like a nice lad with talent (I'm starting to be won over) but I'd have sent him out on loan to Sheffield United before MGW: they lack a proper CF; half a season there and into double figures he'd be improved. Given we're threadbare though I wouldn't have loaned anyone!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Raul will end up playing.

Sa

Semedo
Mosquera
Kilman
Ait-Nouri

Dendoncker
Neves

Trincao
Podence
Adama

Raul
If there are FIFA sanctions he absolutely will not be unless we want to be absolutely hammered.

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How do Watford set up?

If they sit back, play three in central midfield and look to turn ourback 3 on the break, it will be a tougher test than some think

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy
Coady Mosquera Kilman Marcal
Neves Cundle Moutinho
Traore Hwang Podence

Experience from the back put Coady rb for a game Cundle off us energy in the middle of the park and interchangeable forwards will give us a threat of scoring instead of Raul coming deeper than Katie Prices latest conquest

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ruddy
Coady Mosquera Kilman Marcal
Neves Cundle Moutinho
Traore Hwang Podence

Experience from the back put Coady rb for a game Cundle off us energy in the middle of the park and interchangeable forwards will give us a threat of scoring instead of Raul coming deeper than Katie Prices latest conquest
How to get beat by 3 or 4 goals in a game that we really need to at least draw but ideally win. No, no, a million times no! Where to start....

We got ripped a new one by a Spanish second division team when playing four at the back in pre-season. Coady was utterly gash at FB in the Chump. Mosquera freshly back from injury and never played a first team game for the club. Cundle in the engine room? How to totally destroy a young player's confidence. Hwang will have hardly trained with half of the team but straight in up top. What the hell has Trincao done to deserve getting dropped?... and finally Ruddy... One question: why???

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Traore Fabio Trincao
RAN Moutinho Neves Hoever
Boly Coady Kilman
Sa.

Last edited:

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Sa