Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Castore

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read the statement carefully.

It sounds to me like the club have listened to their fans and then gone and found a brand willing to produce what we want them to produce.

I'll put good money that our 2021/2022 kits will be the best looking kits we've had since the glorious goodyear kits of the mid-90's.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its good that as a club we will have more control over whats produced than what you get with Adidas. Albeit that Adidas in general is a better brand (not that the quality showed in what was produced for us)

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know its probably just standard bs promo, but I like that the club have said/acknowledged we don't like the template stuff & that there's a focus on the women stuff too.

Shirtliffs shinpads

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know its probably just standard bs promo, but I like that the club have said/acknowledged we don't like the template stuff & that there's a focus on the women stuff too.
It does indeed, although it’s hard to have template kits when you’re only supplying one or two.
let’s hope they’ve listened about the sponsor too

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From what I've briefly read it sounds like Castore has boasted about how quickly they can develop products and respond due to its different supply chain compared with the bigger manufacturers, but the problems Rangers fans have had with the product quality is down to the supply chain. Maybe Castore will have learned from it's experience with Rangers and be better placed for delivering for Wolves.
Well, they do have overseas production and we did have a global pandemic that may have effected the supply chain. Thankfully that is all over now. Oh wait a minute...

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll be playing Friendlies by then. It has to be out by mid July before we start playing.
I thought that, its very late.

Surely a missed marketing problem as well. The old days of them announced at the end of season dinner meant you'd see shirts all throughout the summer (weve all seen that bloke at the airport going on his summer holidays proudly wearing his new shirt days after its come out).

MobNet Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The statement is very promising.

Sounds like manufacturing and design will actually be in Wolves hands. Wolves have a licence to use the Castore logo (and presumably materials/technology). Castore get the exposure, but Wolves keep the proceeds of sales.

Flaneur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Training wear seems to have our "one pack" wolves font branding on the inside too. Looks like everything we're getting is going to be bespoke to a tee with Wolves involved every step of the way for once, which is nice compared to the standard templates we've had for a while now

Screenshot_20210521-092448__01.jpg

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Surely a missed marketing problem as well. The old days of them announced at the end of season dinner meant you'd see shirts all throughout the summer (weve all seen that bloke at the airport going on his summer holidays proudly wearing his new shirt days after its come out).
Limited chances for summer holidays this year - Unless you're going to Portu....Oh wait :wink:

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't underestimate the financials of this deal too.

Any listeners to Kieran Maguire & Kevin Days "The Price of Football" podcast will know that clubs get to keep a pathetic amount of their sales from brands like Adidas/Nike etc unless you're Barca, Real, United etc.

This sounds like we might have to pay a bit more, but by doing so generate more for the club too, which can only help commercially.

Arthur

Reaction score
Can't be any worse than what we got this season with Adidas.

Bought some stuff from the training range for the gym, fit is horrendous and so is the quality, with the crest being ironed and not even stitched.

The castor training gear on display here looks miles ahead of what we had with Adidas this season.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Limited chances for summer holidays this year - Unless you're going to Portu....Oh wait :wink:
They'd be strolling round Devon in one if not.

No funnier sight than turning up at an airport to see a load of middle aged blokes in straight out the box brand new white trainers accompanied by whichever team they supports latest replica top on. Im a miserable git, for me you stop wearing replica tops once you are too old to play football yourself.

Bill McCai

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently they are paying Rangers £25m for a five year deal.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Any listeners to Kieran Maguire & Kevin Days "The Price of Football" podcast will know that clubs get to keep a pathetic amount of their sales from brands like Adidas/Nike etc unless you're Barca, Real, United etc.

This sounds like we might have to pay a bit more, but by doing so generate more for the club too, which can only help commercially.
Bang on the money with this, especially with Nike. You're virtually paying them to make a kit. You might get a bit up front, but what you make per shirt is pence really.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I haven’t worn replica football shirts for many years but I do hope that Wolves/ Castore produce good quality leisure wear (short and long sleeved Polo shirts etc for eg) in technical material that features club colours/ designs and discreet logos, and without sponsors, that I can wear whilst playing golf or going out etc etc.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am I right in thinking this'll result in a drastic price increase?

**** sake

Bognor_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Was pleased when we first got Adidas but got to be honest think our shirts have been underwhelming apart from our first season in the premier league (less said about this seasons away kit the better)...

Castore and Wolves saying the right things in that statement about ambition and having our own identity. If they have listened to the feedback and having looked at the gear Rangers have could be a nice change!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Read the statement carefully.

It sounds to me like the club have listened to their fans and then gone and found a brand willing to produce what we want them to produce.

I'll put good money that our 2021/2022 kits will be the best looking kits we've had since the glorious goodyear kits of the mid-90's.
The kit for our first season back in the PL (i.e. 18/19) was great.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

No extra prices fixed at £55 for the replica kit . Source Wolves Commercial Manager

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Looks and sounds pretty good to me.

With my inquisitive mind I have looked at Companies House for some trading information.

Couldn’t find the name Castore so looked up individual name of Thomas Beahon and found J Carter Sporting Clubs which seems to give a lot of information.

Last accounts filed were year end 31st December 2019.

£6million+ of net assets and some growth compared to the previous year.

Not a massive company compared to other big brand names but they appear to be growing.

2 young brothers Beahon who obviously have ambition in the sports world.

It would be interesting if we knew the value of the sponsorship deal but no doubt this not be made known to us.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The statement is very promising.

Sounds like manufacturing and design will actually be in Wolves hands. Wolves have a licence to use the Castore logo (and presumably materials/technology). Castore get the exposure, but Wolves keep the proceeds of sales.
I wonder if Fosun has a clothing design/manufacturer lurking in it's portfolio somewhere?

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes me laugh when people blame Adidas for some of our weird kits (blue and white squared one mostly).

That kits clearly aimed at the far eastern market (who's fashion sense is lets say 'louder') in the same way as the Portugal and Mexico ones (you know the markets they're really bothered about). That would have been a brief from Wolves not Adidas.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The kit for our first season back in the PL (i.e. 18/19) was great.

They were. I absolutely agree.

But since then? No. Only the Portugal kit and *maybe* the Black away last season has any credit.

They've hit on 4/8 and have been poor in customer service and quality from what I've seen.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Barry Douglas was all over the club shop after we got promotion
Well, they were trying to sell him lol..... Seriously, Diogo was in the promotional video for the Portuguese third kit too so l know what you mean.

Back
Top Bottom