Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Super league

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If any of the Big 6 back out and change their mind, can I suggest Villa take their place? They were European Champions a couple of years ago, after all. And it means we would never have to watch their unsporting, cheating , diving antics ever again. Joy!

Id prefer they were in the 2nd division with the ****.

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lovely statement

But

*And hides for cover*

Fosun would be in like a rocket if offered the chance. Most "owners" would. We are football fans. These guys arent. £300m or Norwich.
Anyone with actual foresight and understanding of the fans and the game would rightly ask how much that £300m is worth long term though.

What happens when the bottom falls out of the super league and you’ve burnt your bridges with your domestic leagues?

That’s what these owners fail to realise, you don’t get the highest heights of winning without the lowest lows of losing. An entrenched system with no penalty for failure will never replicate that.

Hopefully Fosun are smart enough to realise that.

And to answer your question of £300m or Norwich, Norwich please. Let’s be having you!!

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If any of the Big 6 back out and change their mind, can I suggest Villa take their place? They were European Champions a couple of years ago, after all. And it means we would never have to watch their unsporting, cheating , diving antics ever again. Joy!
something Smith made sure to open with in his press conference.

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I know why spurs and arsenal are involved as part of the traditional top six, but both clubs have been on the decline for a couple of seasons now. If we were a leicester, id be properly ****ed off at not getting an invite to the rich boys table as they have outperformed the pair of em in recent years, and have won the league more recently

But thats the point isn't it? Stop teams like Leicester competing with the 'established' big clubs. Disgrace.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like that idea! Would make more matches with more meaning. This is the big advantage of play-offs, right to the last few matches, the top half the table all have a big interest. How did football live so long without them? Must have been hundreds of meaningless matches in the last month of every season. Though the Championship is really odd this season in that the top 6 are almost secure, only 1 more (Reading) has a chance of catching them. In League 1, it's more typical in that 11, possibly 12 clubs still have a chance.

Real Madrids president said something about young people losing interest in football because of "too many poor quality games". Sounds carzy on so many levels.. .though I did wonder if he'd watching us, Sheff Utd and Burnley recently and it depressed him so much, he could hold off no longer on the Super League. Not really.. :D

How can they say young people are losing interest? Surely that's not the case? But even more importantly, just because it's a match involving the Big 6, does not make it a "high quality" match. Plenty of bore draws between Man U, Man C and Liverpool , for example. Similar Barca and Real, sometimes they are classics, more often they are tense and don't live up to the hype. Our 3-2 v Man City last season was hugely entertaining, in contrast. And last weekend I gather Newcastle v West Ham was hugely entertaining, too. Won't get any of those in the Super League. I'd speculate that as it's not a real competition anyway, they will be scripted, like professional wrestling. Would people watch that?
Yep, sounds carzy to me, too. Full of ****. :)

Stourport wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we had **** all and nearly went out of existence, when the milman wouldn't leave the milk at molineux, we all knew that we were a special club,. Even in the darkest hours of despair, we knew that we would see the light again.

Old Gold is more than a colour, it represents history, traditions and decency.

Fosun understand this. We are so lucky to have them as owners and they have rekindled the pride back in this historical football club.

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Okay, so emotions are running high...

Now what? I have doubts that these ******s will actually be kicked out of the league.

inaglasshouse

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the six are axed from the league then we can prosper because we are a real club with real support and that is valuable.
Unfortunately I still feel that is unlikely especially if it's true that the EPL rules say they need 75% of members to expel them.
If they can't or won't be expelled by the 14 then we need the government to stop them on competition rules.
Not an enquiry with recomendations, quangos, soundbites and signalling but laws, urgent laws and action.
And no, I'm no expert of how possible that even is. In a multi billion pound deal worked out over many years I'm sure the lawyers of the six have been very hard at work on it ensuring it's water tight and the six cannot now even back out without being sued out of existence..

marrs-guitar

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When we had **** all and nearly went out of existence, when the milman wouldn't leave the milk at molineux, we all knew that we were a special club,. Even in the darkest hours of despair, we knew that we would see the light again.

Old Gold is more than a colour, it represents history, traditions and decency.

Fosun understand this. We are so lucky to have them as owners and they have rekindled the pride back in this historical football club.
I wouldn't get too gushing or be so convinced about the true desires of an investment company with its origins in China.

We can only go by their actions, and to date they have been by and large exemplary for us as fans, but they aren't doing this for some deep-rooted love of Wolverhampton or desire to defend our club's "history, traditions and decency".

They likely bought us because they we are a good investment, will be able to be utilised to create synergies with other investments and will one day be capable of being sold for a nice profit.

Until 48 hours ago, most Liverpool fans would probably have said that John Henry understands Liverpool's history, traditions and decency too.

Cornwall Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Lovely statement

But

*And hides for cover*

Fosun would be in like a rocket if offered the chance. Most "owners" would. We are football fans. These guys arent. £300m or Norwich.
You should hide for cover .. they stated the would never join a super league .. they do care about Wolves fans . Hence feed the pack where our Manager put £250,000 of his own money in proving food for the City of Wolverhampton

Wolfy McWolf-Face

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If the six are axed from the league then we can prosper because we are a real club with real support and that is valuable.
Unfortunately I still feel that is unlikely especially if it's true that the EPL rules say they need 75% of members to expel them.
If they can't or won't be expelled by the 14 then we need the government to stop them on competition rules.
Not an enquiry with recomendations, quangos, soundbites and signalling but laws, urgent laws and action.
And no, I'm no expert of how possible that even is. In a multi billion pound deal worked out over many years I'm sure the lawyers of the six have been very hard at work on it ensuring it's water tight and the six cannot now even back out without being sued out of existence..

Answers why the hell did Spurs get invited. Needed a 6th team to make sure that 75% couldn't be raised against.

thisisgil

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't doubt this, but do you have a source for the 75%? I was under the impression that decisions required a 2/3rds majority, which is 14 out of the 20?

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Really? "Something Matt Busby said". Jesus Christ.

Ever heard the saying - a picture paints a thousand words?

Maybe pictures don't paint any words for you.
Ive simply asked what exactly has Rashford said against the ESL
"Football means nothing without fans" says nothing against the breakaway does it?
Sorry if ive slighted St Marcus,but if he has something to say let him say it,many others have spoken out directly but apparently we cant have a debate on anything without him giving his blessing ,so just asking :)

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive simply asked what exactly has Rashford said against the ESL
"Football means nothing without fans" says nothing against the breakaway does it?
Sorry if ive slighted St Marcus,but if he has something to say let him say it,many others have spoken out directly but apparently we cant have a debate on anything without him giving his blessing ,so just asking :)
Maybe we should have a debate without expecting any one player in particular to say or do something?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Agreed. If they found some (non violent) way of forcing a postponement of the match, that would be incredible.
Ironically theres way too many people waiting in their armchair watching on tv for them to do anything about the game

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
114 point deduction for next season, then 138 for each of the next 3 seasons, combined with a ban on signing or selling players would be an acceptable punishment.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm quoting @Bondi Wolf from the government thread.

B.6.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 27, the League may expel a Club from membership upon a special Resolution to that effect being passed by a majority of not less than three-quarters of such members as (being entitled to do so) vote by their representatives or by proxy at a General Meeting of which notice specifying the intention to propose the Resolution has been duly given.

I suspect there was a reason why six signed up...

Wall heath Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
B.6.
Notwithstanding the provisions of Article 27, the League may expel a Club from membership upon a special Resolution to that effect being passed by a majority of not less than three-quarters of such members as (being entitled to do so) vote by their representatives or by proxy at a General Meeting of which notice specifying the intention to propose the Resolution has been duly given.

So there is just the need for one of those 6 to turn their coat and then laugh their asses off at the other 5.....

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
B.6.

Yeah been looking this up myself

Article 27

Screenshot_20210420-184521_Drive.jpg

So which does the expulsion option of Rule L9 fall under?!

Even if it's the former, 30 point deduction would probably relegate Arsenal, you then probably have the 75% you need

Back
Top Bottom