Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I stuck up for him for his first few appearances but I may have been wrong, what would he go for now on the open market 2-5m ? I would even say MGW is worth more and he's total cack.

Golden_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One lovely first-time pass into MGW aside, did absolutely nothing of note.

We’re not giving him (or us) the best chance to succeed by playing him in that line-up tonight though.

Do think he needs either someone up top alongside him or someone just behind in the 10. People writing him off is baffling but not surprising.

Poor performance from him today in terms of hold up & linking play & arguably should have done better with his chance in the 2nd half.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I dont want to see him near the first team until he's "ready" if that ever happens. Give him a loan or u23.
No strength
No speed
Not clinical
Falls over and looks like petulant school kid
No real control
Not sure what he's good at?
Lightweight
Ball just comes straight back when put up to him.

cannockwolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The kid is 18, he should be in the U23's banging in 20 goals a season and in the Gym putting on some meat - give him the odd 15min in the prem.

But because of our fixation with a small squad we can't.

I have been surprised at his lack of real pace - I just don't see what attributes makes him a 'generational talent'.

But he has got stronger - he was better tonight than when he first played, but he still offered nothing of note.

He will have a good career, but maybe not the heights we think. But it's not the lads fault - it's the clubs decision.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Corbeanu surely can't offer less? Must be worth giving him some experience and taking Fabio out for a break. I'm sure he will have learnt lots from the experience, but still is going to take a long time to work on his game.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Willian Jose, an experienced centre forward, has fared no better.
It is the system, not the player.

Yes, based on his last 2 matches. Which is odd as in his first 2, Jose seemed to provide a noticable lift. I agree that he has looked totally off it tonight and in the Leicester match, Silva was the better of the two. With Jose, though, it looks like he just isn't on the wavelength of the rest of the team. Like he doesn't know how or where he should be - remember it took Raul a good few months of also looking quite "off" at times, before he slotted in to those around him. And they around him as it goes 2 ways.

Fabio, though, for all the talk of "poor service", he was given the ball several times tonight - and lost it immediately. Won no 50/50's - there were opportunities. Pass success 50% - several stray passes .Several times the ball was passed in front of him, yet he lost out to a defender on pace. And he missed a decent chance. The way we play, our system, that's all he's going to get. Those are the scraps that Raul fed of and learnt to terrorise defences with. And no, I don't expect any more from an 18 year old, I don't like to see players clearly struggling it's not his fault that he can't do the demanding job expected of him.

I cant' see how we can change the system to suit one player. I don't think for attacking we even have a system! It's just "Neto and Traore get the ball and run really fast and make something happen". :rolleyes:

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's not physically strong enough to hold the ball up or play at this level.

The Armstrong sitter (or the goal, can't remember which now, apologies if mentioned) came from him not holding it up. But, he's not good enough yet to do that.

He's an impact sub, to throw on when we may need something different. Not someone who should be starting in what should've been the biggest game of our season.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A loan to the championship surely wouldnt be the worst thing for him. As long as i dont have to watch him miss a chance from 8 yards each match.

I agree that it could be the best thing of all for him. This is the problem with the fee though. Can a manager loan out a club record signing without losing face? It would raise some awkward questions for sure. To me it looks like he's being put out there mostly in vain hope that he will somehow score a goal so the awkward questions won't get asked.

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fabio Silva gets chance after chance. Meanwhile OO and Corbeanu - two players who might just be really good - are unused subs or don't make the squad. What is this unjustified preference for Silva doing to their morale?

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fabio Silva gets chance after chance. Meanwhile OO and Corbeanu - two players who might just be really good - are unused subs or don't make the squad. What is this unjustified preference for Silva doing to their morale?
Ive wondered this too. Also, what salaries are these respective kids on in comparison to each other? It's as though we 'have' to play Silva as part of the deal. Injury to Raul aside of course.

derbyrameater

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rui..get rid as doesn't command the area.

Cody..get rid as too slow.

Boly..get rid as too busy chewing gum.

kilman..get rid only ever played fusbol.

Neves..get rid as his eyebrows meet in the middle.

Mouts..get rid as he is too small.

Donk..get rid as he has a stupid haircut.

Netto..get rid too much like Kanschelkis sp.

Adama..get rid never ever moves off that little spot he occupies.

Raul..get rid hasn't played in months therefore injury prone.

And so on. apologies to those missed out.

Then get rid of the replacements as obviously not good enough as they would have been on the first list to get rid off.

Personally I'd like to get rid of some of these posters!

rant over...

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s ****e, sick of seeing him play
I dont want to see him near the first team until he's "ready" if that ever happens. Give him a loan or u23.
No strength
No speed
Not clinical
Falls over and looks like petulant school kid
No real control
Not sure what he's good at?
Lightweight
Ball just comes straight back when put up to him.
But but he is a generational talent. Jeff Shi said so .

hollo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree that it could be the best thing of all for him. This is the problem with the fee though. Can a manager loan out a club record signing without losing face? It would raise some awkward questions for sure. To me it looks like he's being put out there mostly in vain hope that he will somehow score a goal so the awkward questions won't get asked.
He would be an unused sub in the championship.

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
Even Raul would have struggled tonight with the lack of service.

peter&thewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Yes a loan would be a good idea, best thing for him and the club, for him to gain confidence and experience

D

Deleted member 11332

Can’t or doesn’t want to head the ball.

Can’t hold up the ball.

Is literally as quick as a canal barge.

We were conned. He’s not got it or will ever have it.

You are right on all those. However;

He does have a good touch, he can obviously pick a pass as shown tonight when he put MGW clean through. He can finish I've seen him score 3 really good goals for us. He picks up some superb positions and has a nose for where the ball is gonna drop.

There's plenty there that can't be taught. The stuff you mentioned can be, bar pace, but Zidane wasn't the quickest, neither was Shearer.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm a fan, i think his potential is great but we are managing him quite poorly. He is ready for 10-15 min cameos at best, we have thrown him in at the deep end.

People still getting bent up over the fee. We paid it because of brexit and we have taken a gamble. It was never going to be something that repayed us in the next couple of years. A loan wouldnt see the club lose face at all because he was signed in all likelyhood to be a first team player in around 2 or 3 years time. He needs to develop, and we have dropped the ball by having him in the team now when he clearly isnt ready.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You are right on all those. However;

He does have a good touch, he can obviously pick a pass as shown tonight when he put MGW clean through. He can finish I've seen him score 3 really good goals for us. He picks up some superb positions and has a nose for where the ball is gonna drop.

There's plenty there that can't be taught. The stuff you mentioned can be, bar pace, but Zidane wasn't the quickest, neither was Shearer.
I commend your optimism, I really do.

D

Deleted member 4152

The kid may go on to have a great career. And let’s face it, we really don’t play the type of football to suit a striker do we

but it’s getting harder and harder to justify his purchase. As others have said, I just can’t see what he is actually ‘good’ at.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No chance he’s going on loan.

Im not going to slate him, I’ll judge properly in 12 months time, but really struggling to see what he is meant to have that means he ‘could’ be such a special player.

Absolutely ludicrous to play him in that front 3 tonight. So predictable what the outcome would be.

Reactions: Ian

Loefah

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I'm a fan, i think his potential is great but we are managing him quite poorly. He is ready for 10-15 min cameos at best, we have thrown him in at the deep end.

People still getting bent up over the fee. We paid it because of brexit and we have taken a gamble. It was never going to be something that repayed us in the next couple of years. A loan wouldnt see the club lose face at all because he was signed in all likelyhood to be a first team player in around 2 or 3 years time. He needs to develop, and we have dropped the ball by having him in the team now when he clearly isnt ready.

Exactly, we are close to ruining him. Even Phil Foden, who is looking like a generational talent, wasn't thrown in at the deep end every week at 18. Even now at 20 he's only just emerging as a regular first team starter because Pep has managed him properly. Silva should never have been in this position.

Last edited:

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We have a manager that doesn't seem to rate attacking . other than as a respite from defending. Not sure Harry Kane very would score many in front of our midfield and with Traore and Neto huffing and puffing out wide.
But in the end Fosun or Nuno must be to blame for not having attacking or inventive midfielders.

daniel corfield

Groupie
Reaction score
We have a manager that doesn't seem to rate attacking . other than as a respite from defending. Not sure Harry Kane very would score many in front of our midfield and with Traore and Neto out huffing and puffing wide.
But in the end Fosun or Nuno must be to blame for not having attacking midfielders.

Great point.

I really believe we could have Harry Kane up front and he wouldn't score x amount of goals.

Were literally diabolical at going forward.

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eaxctly, we are close to ruining him. Even Phil Foden, who is looking like a generational talent. wasn't thrown in at the deep end every week at 18. Even now at 20 he's only just emerging as a regular first team starter because Pep has managed him properly. Silva should never have been in this position.

I do think some people look at players at a similar age to Silva and think because they can perform to a high level then he should. Harry Kane for example had 4 or 5 loan moves he never really pulled up any trees at as a youngster. Just because we payed 35 million for him some cant see past the fee. Totally agree with you though, our nurturing of him is all wrong.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s got nice hair though. I wish I had flowing locks like his.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Rui..get rid as doesn't command the area.

Cody..get rid as too slow.

Boly..get rid as too busy chewing gum.

kilman..get rid only ever played fusbol.

Neves..get rid as his eyebrows meet in the middle.

Mouts..get rid as he is too small.

Donk..get rid as he has a stupid haircut.

Netto..get rid too much like Kanschelkis sp.

Adama..get rid never ever moves off that little spot he occupies.

Raul..get rid hasn't played in months therefore injury prone.

And so on. apologies to those missed out.

Then get rid of the replacements as obviously not good enough as they would have been on the first list to get rid off.

Personally I'd like to get rid of some of these posters!

rant over...
I don’t get the point of saying you want to get rid of posters when there is an ignore function. I have used it once but to post about it seems like attention seeking. (This isn’t just aimed at you btw as it could be said about loads) If you don’t like something use the function. It’s like watching a film and saying this film is crap but not changing the channel.

Bostin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Genuinely interested to know your reasons for being a fan of his, and thinking his potential is great on the back of what we’ve seen so far.

The best I’ve heard people say so far is ‘at least he gets into good positions to miss’.

TezzaWolf

Reaction score
Despite the club not wanting it to be the fee is the issue here.

If he'd have cost the 1-2 million that Mir, Dadashov and Campana did he'd have been off to Grasshoppers or Familicao in January and be developing away from the club and the pressure.

You can't do that with a 35 million generational talent and it's ruining him.

Back
Top Bottom