Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Fabio Silva

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were 6th in the League when Raul was injured and chasing a European place again. In that situation I am more interested in a striker who will win us games now, rather than developing a striker for the future i.e. schooling an 18 year in public. Good news for his agent and good news for the next club who signs him, but not much use to Wolves in February 2021.
We haven't won a game in the PL where he has started (unless you include Chelsea where we losing when we took him off). Our focus should be on winning a cup match this week and picking up points next week. Having Silva roaming around while he learns his trade is not the best way to do that.
So we should buy another Raul? Good plan - quick ring Jeff. He may not know.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Logic?
Because either a) they owe back pay to circumvent ffp in a given year or b) they are forward paying for the same reason or c) as a sweetener.
If you are in a long term relationship individual fees are meaningless.
This is probably me being thick but how does over spending circumvent FFP? FFP is about keeping to spending limits. How does willingly paying over the odds help meet FFP?

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This is probably me being thick but how does over spending circumvent FFP? FFP is about keeping to spending limits. How does willingly paying over the odds help meet FFP?
Because maybe you underpayed for a previous player in a year you couldn’t afford it? Or maybe you’re overpaying so your agent collects his commission within a particular ffp timeline? It’s all Mendes money. We take hit here for a bounce there.

You never worked in sales did you?

Ever wonder how Moutinho was so cheap? Or Rui? Or how our payments get structured!

The fee paid for Fabio likely had not that much to do with Fabio and a lot to do with UEFA. FFP, most of all Mendes and prior and future transfer fees and commissions. Timing is everything, These aren’t isolated, one off deals... keep moving the cups and no one will figure where the ball is.
How much did we get Porto out of the fire? I wonder who gets Porto’s next wonder kid at a sizeable discount etc...
If I was real cynic I’d say we likely have already agreed Neto to Juve to replace CR9 and know the fee for a years time and are laying off some of the commission now so we can spend it at the time...

Last edited:

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because maybe you underpayed for a previous player in a year you couldn’t afford it? Or maybe you’re overpaying so your agent collects his commission within a particular ffp timeline? It’s all Mendes money. We take hit here for a bounce there.

Ever wonder how Moutinho was so cheap? Or Rui? Or how our payments get structured!

The fee paid for Fabio likely had not that much to do with Fabio and a lot to do with UEFA. FFP, most of all Mendes and prior and future transfer fees and commissions. Timing is everything, These aren’t isolated, one off deals.
I thought Moutinho’s fee reflected his age and Rui’s because of the contractural dispute (didn’t we almost get him for zilch).

So, what you’re saying is that Monaco willingly agree to receive a low transfer fee to help Wolves meet FFP. Jolly decent of them.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because maybe you underpayed for a previous player in a year you couldn’t afford it? Or maybe you’re overpaying so your agent collects his commission within a particular ffp timeline?
I thought Moutinho’s fee reflected his age and Rui’s because of the contractural dispute (didn’t we almost get him for zilch).

So, what you’re saying is that Monaco willingly agree to receive a low transfer fee to help Wolves meet FFP. Jolly decent
No not to help Wolves, to help Mendes and themselves. To manage their accounts and gather favours from the most powerful agent in the game.
Do you really think all the Mendes clubs act independently and drive oooh the hardest bargain they can?

Last edited:

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

So, what you’re saying is that Monaco willingly agree to receive a low transfer fee to help Wolves meet FFP. Jolly decent of them.
It’s not the fee. It’s how much you pay and when and what you declare and when - thats the whole point. Silvas fee contained an ungodly amount of commission at both ends - who is that paying off and why? Just Silva? Really? And Neto cost 10m? Are you interested in purchasing a bridge?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The fee paid for Fabio likely had not that much to do with Fabio and a lot to do with UEFA. FFP, most of all Mendes and prior and future transfer fees and commissions. Timing is everything, These aren’t isolated, one off deals... keep moving the cups and no one will figure where the ball is.
How much did we get Porto out of the fire? I wonder who gets Porto’s next wonder kid at a sizeable discount etc...
If I was real cynic I’d say we likely have already agreed Neto to Juve to replace CR9 and know the fee for a years time and are laying off some of the commission now so we can spend it at the time...
Ah ... you edited your post whilst I was replying.

Do football agents have to comply with FFP too then?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No not to help Wolves, to help Mendes and themselves. To manage their accounts and gather favours from the most powerful agent in the game.
Do you really think all the Mendes clubs act independently and drive oooh the hardest bargain they can?

Are you 12?
Why the rudeness? I’m just struggling to get my head around how this all works.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I apologise - genuinely. I have a predisposition of being a sarky ****. I don’t mean anything by it.
If it helps I also get fat really easy and I’m semi bald.

FWIW I’m also talking out of my **** and I’m surmising, I have no proof. I just think it all looks shady.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Basically I think we spread payments, tax, ffp and most of all commission for players over multiple deals to suit us, Mendes and other friendly clubs.
On the basis of ‘why the hell wouldn’t you and who can prove it anyway!’

And as such looking at any one deal and transfer fee in isolation is pointless. Much like looking at one night out In the context of your bank statement isn’t much use. Mendes is our account.

And I am sorry I was rude, I don’t mean it, it’s an issue I have.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I apologise - genuinely. I have a predisposition of being a sarky ****. I don’t mean anything by it.
If it helps I also get fat really easy and I’m semi bald.

FWIW I’m also talking out of my **** and I’m surmising, I have no proof. I just think it all looks shady.
Look, I find the amount of money football agents earn grotesquely immoral. Possibly capitalism at its worse. I understand that when huge sums of money are at stake that human greed can lead to dodgy behaviour and dealings. I’m still sceptical though as to just how much influence agents have in deterring the price of a player. I may be slightly naive here but still think the buying and selling parties play the more significant part. Thanks though. You have made me stop and think.

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Look, I find the amount of money football agents earn grotesquely immoral. Possibly capitalism at its worse. I understand that when huge sums of money are at stake that human greed can lead to dodgy behaviour and dealings. I’m still sceptical though as to just how much influence agents have in deterring the price of a player. I may be slightly naive here but still think the buying and selling parties play the more significant part. Thanks though. You have made me stop and think.
I agree in the main with your thinking but not when the agent is so powerful and brokering both sides of the deal and collecting from both.
And yes fundamentally value is still set but the buyer and seller (and market forces) - but the point I’m making is those forces shouldn’t be viewed in the isolation of one player. We will be selling and buying multiple players with said agent in a given window all with associated commissions, sell on clauses etc. I would also suggest we may be massaging prior and future commissions (and trades between clubs) into present day deals. Add in tax and UEFA and Brexit restrictions and I suspect declared fees are total smoke and mirrors.
I say this as someone involved in a different field but with many parallels and our accountants are very creative.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree in the main with your thinking but not when the agent is so powerful and brokering both sides of the deal and collecting from both.
And yes fundamentally value is still set but the buyer and seller (and market forces) - but the point I’m making is those forces shouldn’t be viewed in the isolation of one player. We will be selling and buying multiple players with said agent in a given window all with associated commissions, sell on clauses etc. I would also suggest we may be massaging prior and future commissions (and trades between clubs) into present day deals. Add in tax and UEFA and Brexit restrictions and I suspect declared fees are total smoke and mirrors.
I say this as someone involved in a different field but with many parallels and our accountants are very creative.
By the way, I’m 13 and three quarters ;)

Kebab Warrior

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also thanks for being such a gent. You made me look and feel (rightly) a complete ****.
It’s a lesson for me jaded by the internet - nice people are out there.

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Also thanks for being such a gent. You made me look and feel (rightly) a complete ****.
It’s a lesson for me jaded by the internet - nice people are out there.
No offence taken.

Big money financial transactions are intriguing... particularly in sport.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm not a Glenn Hoddle fan. He has just said how I feel about Silva though...... "I don't see him as a nine".

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I dont see him as a footballer. Yeah bring on the hate. I dont see anything in him. Nothing. Playing him at this stage is just breaking him more.
Won't get any hate from me. Can't be *****. If that's the quality I can expect of your contributions though I'll just add you to ignore :D

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It's OK... he cost £35m so he must be good.

Or will be good

Or maybe he will be good

Or he has good movement so he must have quality about him

Or I can see he has something about him

Or he is only 18 so he will be good in the future

Sadly he looks like turning out to be like 90% of 17 year olds that look good and then end up falling down the football pyramid as they start to play 'men's football

Only thing is we got stitched up to the tune of £35m

Jeru360

Reaction score
He is getting tossed around like a rag doll right now vs. Southampton. It’s going to ruin this kid. They need to let him play under-23 matches where he can build confidence and continue to learn the game. I feel bad for him. Cutrone should have stayed and been the first one off the bench.

Michellis

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Truly dreadful.
Nothing to do with his age either.
He has a terrible temprement and his 'running to mummy' attitude makes me sick.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
I'd rather watch paskin, mcaughlin and Tim steele with bully, mutchy and dennison sat on the bench than watch these front three. 60 mins and nothing, let's remember this a Southampton out of form and we created nothing between these three.

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's embarrassing watching him every game how anyone can defend is beyond me.

He wouldn't make a starting place on my 5 a side team.

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He adds nothing. Literally nothing. He cannot control, he cannot pass. He cannot do nothing. I am hating slating someone so young, but when it is so detrimental to the team, it needs saying.

Play him and we are playing with 10men.

He isn't ready. I don't know what the answer is. But playing him is definatly not any answer. Not now, not on Sunday. Not next month, next season.

HE. SHOULD. NOT. BE. PLAYING.

Reaction score
A rubbish Robert Taylor. I want him to do well but we are a man down with him the side. Take him out and give him a good pre season for a fresh assesment.

Ditton Wolf

Reaction score
Tired of his time spent on the pitch. Wouldn't mind if he ran his socks off and got stuck in but doesn't happen.
His petulance when things don't go right annoys me and when he does get a chance he fails.
He needs a loan move somewhere.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Said it before and I keep hoping he comes good but I don’t see a single attribute in his game that gives me any faith that he will turn into a decent player. He is absolutely hopeless. Put him in the 23’s and hope he develops into something.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
One lovely first-time pass into MGW aside, did absolutely nothing of note.

We’re not giving him (or us) the best chance to succeed by playing him in that line-up tonight though.

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He adds nothing. Literally nothing. He cannot control, he cannot pass. He cannot do nothing. I am hating slating someone so young, but when it is so detrimental to the team, it needs saying.

Play him and we are playing with 10men.

He isn't ready. I don't know what the answer is. But playing him is definatly not any answer. Not now, not on Sunday. Not next month, next season.

HE. SHOULD. NOT. BE. PLAYING.
Spot on.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's not the kid's fault. Nuno and Mendes are doing their very best to sell him down the river. He's too young to be in a foreign country, in these times. Too young. The man with a tan is a grade A ****, with Nuno a close second!

Back
Top Bottom