Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The 3 relegation spots -who's going down ?

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Sheffield United & the Albion are nailed on and are just too far adrift and for me its between Fulham and Brighton. Im going for Fulham as 14 points from 20 games means they probably need 21 more from 18 to have a fighting chance and thats an extremely tall order.

34 will keep you up easily this season in my view.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham seem more likely to nick a result than Brighton, I feel. Can they do it enough?

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In April/May we have this run of games:

Fulham (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Burnley (H)
WBA (A)
Brighton (H)

Burnley will be fine, but 3 of the other 4 will go in my opinion. Brighton are a decent side, but they just don't win football matches. The amount of times I've watched them this season where they've played well and drawn is ridiculous.

As for us - If we play Traore, Podence and Neto behind Jose, we will beat those sort of teams. Play like today and we will be in trouble. But I reckon 35 points would almost certainly keep you up this season.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As they are now I think. Strong narrative about Fulham looking good and Parker doing a great job of turning them around lately. Something I was believing, until I had a look and saw they haven’t won a game since 30 November.

Other two seem cut off from the rest in terms of quality.

Our form puts us in the mix a bit but looking at it we likely only need 3 or 4 wins to avoid it. Surely, bloody surely...!

Bilston paul

Groupie
Reaction score
Sheff utd 20th albion 19th Fulham 18th. Think be as it is maybe Brighton caught up in it. We will be OK I always go on the 40 point guarantees safety although 35 / 36 should do this season. Just chill out everyone wolves will be fine. We're having a bad run for the first time since nuno arrived and now people want him out. Cut the bloke some slack we will stay up. If we're going to have a **** season have it now while we're not in the ground.

bigbadwolftoo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Something needs to change in our effort and tactics or relegation is a possibility for sure. Its in our hands, but just carrying on with the present mode will not be enough IMHO.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion and Sheffield will finish below us. Burnley, Brighton and Newcastle will finish above us at the current rate. Fulham are the bullet, but I just don't think they have it about them, fortunately.

Four wins and we're fine. Still seems ridiculous to even be talking about it. Such a **** season.

Greeno

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season's just so tragic... we were supposed to blow up last season with the "demands of Europe!!11" ... yet we looked the part and didn't miss a beat. We bust that myth completely.

This season, we had more time on our hands (I know we're in UNREAL times...) but we were supposed to let Nuno work his magic and carry on our steady progression.

We appear to have lost our focus and identity and it hurts.

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Albion and Sheffield will finish below us. Burnley, Brighton and Newcastle will finish above us at the current rate. Fulham are the bullet, but I just don't think they have it about them, fortunately.

Four wins and we're fine. Still seems ridiculous to even be talking about it. Such a **** season.
Name the 4 wins

Bugsy911

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Unless we sign a dominate centre back and attacking midfielder or sack Nuno I think we will drop.

18. Wolves
19. WBA
20. Sheff Utd

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Set up for certain posters to revel in our current predicament.
If we started the season like the last 8 I'd be worried but its likely we've enough in the bank. We need to average around. 0.5 PTS a game to go down from here. We surely couldn't could we?

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This season's just so tragic... we were supposed to blow up last season with the "demands of Europe!!11" ... yet we looked the part and didn't miss a beat. We bust that myth completely.

This season, we had more time on our hands (I know we're in UNREAL times...) but we were supposed to let Nuno work his magic and carry on our steady progression.

We appear to have lost our focus and identity and it hurts.
It does hurt. Time for strong men.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I look at how bad Sheff Utd are this season to last and think how can that happen? I think we will click again when the sun starts shining, and the squad are playing with smiles on their faces. We all have had to dig deep this year, have faith.

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name the 4 wins
I can't. That's the most ridiculous thing.

Nuno has faced pressure here four times by my count. Twice he's shown he had the answer: winning the Championship and then changing things in the December of our first season, both times spurred by fist-pumping victories against the odds to boost confidence. In the cup games, Watford and Seville, we came up short when the chips were down. So, it could go either way now.

I'm more worried about the players. These aren't players used to dealing with bad spells, at least not here. In previous seasons I could see them digging out an unforeseen win, or two, and everything is rosy again. This year?

Albion and Palace were the key targeted games, and we had no answer. We lost.

Now we have that April bubble, games against Fulham, Newcastle, Brighton, Albion. We need to have the right attitude BEFORE we hit that patch.

A win in the next three really becomes essential, just to ease some of the pressure that is crippling us right now.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SU, WBA and Fulham. I think 30 points might be enough so we’ll scrape over the line. SU and WBA have too much to do and I think Brighton are more likely to pick up odd wins and pull away from Fulham.

Kennedy

Reaction score
That run of games against:

Fulham (A)
Sheff Utd (H)
Burnley (H)
WBA (A)
Brighton (H)

Should be a great opportunity to get some points on the board. It is also a great opportunity for those teams to dream us into it. Real six pointers potentially.

God, it's like going back 10 years this season. I am just desperate for a couple of wins.

I've watched us long enough to know that if any team could go down from our position it's us.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
3rd bottom Fulham have taken 20 games to get 14 points, we're under no pressure whatsoever

But equally, they have 3 points more than us over the last 8 games. If that happens again (and it certainly could given the respective fixtures), they could be 3-4 points behind us by the time we play them at their place (and still with a game in hand).

I’m still confident we’ll turn things around but there is undoubtedly a degree of pressure starting to be felt.

Back
Top Bottom