Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Gibbs White

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He may have just found his level . But at only 20 there is hope for us all . I just hope he doesn’t disappear like so many in our past .

clivewolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm looking forward to seeing how he does this season playing regular football. He's had a good start to the season and I hope he goes from strength to strength. Maybe he was promoted to the first team too soon. I've just checked and he is only half a month older than Vitinha.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's doing really well by all accounts, lots of us wanted him to go out on loan to gain experience and prove how good he can be. So far so good in my book

E

Eddie's Eagle

Hauled off in the 83rd minute. Must have had a terrible game.

Was given MOM.

Their fans seem to have enjoyed his impact and it looks like he's enjoying his time playing for them.

I'm usually terrible at predictions, but I hope I am right with this one: he will get POTY at Swansea and be back in our first team next season.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
A good solid season of playing regularly is exactly what he needs, we can reevaluate him at the end of the season and decide whether we should bring him back into the fold or not.
I wouldn’t write him off yet.
I think that is true of Burr, Kilman & Vinagre too.

BigSteve

Reaction score
A good solid season of playing regularly is exactly what he needs, we can reevaluate him at the end of the season and decide whether we should bring him back into the fold or not.
I wouldn’t write him off yet.

Have we had any first team regulars who've been loaned out to a lower division club then become a regular again?

Lycaon

Reaction score
Early days yet, but it’s not inconceivable that MGW has currently found his level in the Championship as a very good prospect.

If he matures and has a great season with Swansea then his stock will rise accordingly so perhaps it will be other clubs that will be knocking on the door?

Would be a good bit of business if he went for £18-20m next summer as I doubt if he’d want to return to being a benchwarmer or bit part player for us?

BigSteve

Reaction score
He just got MOTM, do you want him to pass the ball against a wall 24/7? He has posted 4 photos in nearly 3 weeks. Pathetic comment

I just had a look at his instagram.

I think, quite obviously, it's not a question of how long it takes to post a photo.

It's more about the fact that he'd been playing truly abysmally for wolves and then was dumb enough to get photographed at a party during lockdown and then thinks to himself "the image I want to project at this moment in time is me partying on a boat". He's just not a smart man.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

I just had a look at his instagram.

I think, quite obviously, it's not a question of how long it takes to post a photo.

It's more about the fact that he'd been playing truly abysmally for wolves and then was dumb enough to get photographed at a party during lockdown and then thinks to himself "the image I want to project at this moment in time is me partying on a boat". He's just not a smart man.
You are right, he should have posted himself locked in his room in a monk outfit with a tonsure to repent for his sins.

BigSteve

Reaction score
You are right, he should have posted himself locked in his room in a monk outfit with a tonsure to repent for his sins.

He's a moron honestly. You can make all the excuses you want but he comes across very badly indeed.

"but he's still a kid" blah blah blah

D

Deleted member 11157

Out of those who won the U17 WC only Foden and Sancho really stand out. Hudson-Odoi maybe. Strangely three of them are on loan at Swansea.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Never a first team regular before his loans.
Yes, very true, ironically MD had Dean Saunders to thank for his first team place after his departure from Bury on loan.

Never thought I’d say that!!!!

BigSteve

Reaction score
We have never been a top seven Premier League side with a talented youngster who is not getting enough minutes before.

That's true. Standards are higher than ever. It's normal for players who put in bad performances to get few minutes.

What would you say was the last game you watched where MGW gave the impression he might be able to play at that level?

E

Eddie's Eagle

He's a moron honestly. You can make all the excuses you want but he comes across very badly indeed.

You could say that there are quite a few high profile English players who do not act with maturity and consideration. Grealish broke Covid rules and now he's captaining his team. Foden and Greenwood dipped their wicks and also broke bubble rules, yet Foden's not really suffered much repercussion.

Morgan made a mistake which happened to coincide with a loss of form, and his 'reward' was a loan in the Championship. I imagine that was a humbling experience for the kid and I think that is shown with his newly found focus on the pitch. Hopefully that will continue for the whole season.

I like to give people the chance to redeem themselves and to learn from their mistakes. His objective now is getting first team football and proving he has the talent to succeed. Ultimately, I want him to become an important player at Wolves as he is local and that in itself is becoming a rare thing.

BigSteve

Reaction score
You could say that there are quite a few high profile English players who do not act with maturity and consideration. Grealish broke Covid rules and now he's captaining his team. Foden and Greenwood dipped their wicks and also broke bubble rules, yet Foden's not really suffered much repercussion.

Morgan made a mistake which happened to coincide with a loss of form, and his 'reward' was a loan in the Championship. I imagine that was a humbling experience for the kid and I think that is shown with his newly found focus on the pitch. Hopefully that will continue for the whole season.

I like to give people the chance to redeem themselves and to learn from their mistakes. His objective now is getting first team football and proving he has the talent to succeed. Ultimately, I want him to become an important player at Wolves as he is local and that in itself is becoming a rare thing.

He was loaned due to poor form. Hasn't had a good game in a wolves shirt for a long time.

Players will get away with all types of **** if they're delivering on the pitch.

Martin Riggs

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Does he come across badly? Or was it just one incident?

If he's such a moron, how did he stay in every matchday squad under Nuno for 3 years? A manager we know who likes his players to be 100% professional at all times and is all about the team as a whole? Yet left a "moron" in it for 3 seasons?

optimuswolf

Reaction score
Barely appeared for Wolves until after his loan spells.
yeah i misread the question. it was a silly question really, not least because MGW has only ever been used as a sub and because nuno likes a tiny squad.

Back
Top Bottom