Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Burnley Verdict

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
SCREW THE PREMIER LEAGUE

SCREW MIKE DEAN

SCREW PGMOL

FOOTBALL IS LEGITIMATELY DEAD

Fine Finish by Raul; over the 90 we had edged it and that bit of magic was something else. Adama's and Doc's impact for the goal was marvelous.

Just extraordinary that a Qualified Referee sees fit, to think that PROTECTING oneself, to avoid being knocked out DEAD; is worthy of a spot kick.

I've had it...

Last edited:

Leemack

Reaction score
I thought we did ok and they were just killing the game - We poked and prodded and some good approach play just lacking a bit of attacking prowess but now i've re watched the pen - Never in the world mate and if that is then where's our 4 or 5 like that we should have been given?

Just more proof they're desperate to give Manure 4th place !

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
How many times are we gonna watch us throw away leads like that. Sheff u, burnley, watford fa cup. What do you not do against those teams, sit back and let them pump the ball in the box. What do we do.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sigh. Every single time we get within touching distance, the factors that be congregate and call it off.

All rather numb, Leicester do us a favour tommorow and then we have to do our part again.

This is full on frustration.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We were the better side but knew if there was one goal in it then the last few minutes would be nervy. Don't see how Dean can view that as deliberate handball from Doherty enough to give a pen and then VAR is never going to overrule him

Genuinely gutted, felt we were taking it to the last game of the season

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a point away at Burnley is a good result - but with Spurs winning, Sheffield and Arsenal game in hand, worryingly its starting to look a little bit out of our hands. We might be going into the Chelsea game needing something just for Europa League.

Need a Liverpool and Leicester double....

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sick at the moment. Played the most-controlled football and Jimi scored a screamer. Tried to defend 1-0 but not cute enough to stop giving free kicks allowing Burnley to load the ball into their tall men. Dangerous game to play and it cost us in the most disappointing way. As soon as I heard the whistle, I knew what Dean had given and having seen it, knew that VAR would not overrule as it was not a clear and obvious error. 2 points thrown away and with Spurs and Sheff U breathing down our throat, Europa League could be doubtful.
Overall did enough to win, but needed that security of the second goal.

Last edited:

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dropped off last 10 mins, Burnley were dog**** waiting to load the box and we gave them 2 late chances which was poor.
Feel cheated and robbed
That late goal could end our league season now
Joke refs
Joke var
Joke league
Joke ffp
What's the point

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we can’t score more than one from all of the possession in and around their box, it’s always on the cards. Yet again, robbed at the end. **** decision and had that been Leicester they’d have over-ruled and probably blown the final whistle.

We ain’t had any VAR luck this season. Woods is gonna kick Doc in the face and that’s handball?

**** the **** off.

Incognito

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ask yourself, if that was United, Chelsea, City or Liverpool, would that have been given as a pen? No chance. Mike Dean officially is a CHEAT. The Premier League are ****ing cheating, low life scum. Something needs to be done. **** this. **** it.

W

WOMWOL

Dominated the game but couldn't find the second. Two very organised sides. However, it's very easy to be organised if you have 9 behind the ball and a hoof is your out ball.

Not sure why people are mentioning CL. We were never to get there. I'd be very happy with 6th which is still on

Tezthewolvesfan

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
robbed completely, nothing Doc could do unless he wanted to keep his teeth....Terrible decision

Stratman Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For all the talk about VAR and conspiratorial Man Utd theories, this falls squarely on Wolves imo

1) Aside from the lucky deflection that Raul beautiful struck into the net, Wolves were wasteful in the final third. Again, for all the Man United piling on here, they score more than one goal per match so **** decisions like these don't undo them.

2) Masterful possession and game control between the Raul goal and then the 88th minute. Then for some reason Wolves set up deeper and invited the pressure. Dean sucks but you can't blame him for Wolves setting up in such a way that gave Burnley control of the match

3) **** off dyche

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Thought we played pretty well in a difficult fixture and 1-0 would have been a fair result.

Anywhere else on the pitch, I reckon a free-kick is given against Wood for dangerous play.

No complaints with the approach or intent but **** me, those two late goals against Sheffield United and again today have cost us so much.

Patricio 6
Boly 7
Coady 6
Saiss 6
Adama 7
Neves 8
Moutinho 6
Vinagre 7
Podence 6
Raul 7
Jota 6

A result that effectively kills off our hopes of Champions League football and also means we’re almost definitely going to need to get a result at Chelsea for the Europa.

Feel a bit numb to be honest.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Dominated the game but couldn't find the second. Two very organised sides. However, it's very easy to be organised if you have 9 behind the ball and a hoof is your out ball.

Not sure why people are mentioning CL. We were never to get there. I'd be very happy with 6th which is still on
Agreed. Played well tonight. Unlucky and harsh decision. Needed that second to kill it off.
Need to beat Palace and hopefully Leics beat sheff Utd and spurs. We should be good for 6 then regardless of the last game

Bankswolf The Third

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before I do a verdict I have to thrash at a point
It’s easier to blame the ref and Var but I have a deeper question that needs answering
After missing that sitter who was the one responsible for giving them the ball straight back with two minutes to go
We had 5 defenders on the pitch and three midfielders they could have played it short, aimed at the corner flag, passed it amongst themselves

Instead its straight to their player to hoof it in and cause panic again
Not good enough we struggle managing games and been done over on our second away game in a row

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Oh really? We got the goal we probably deserved and managed the game well until that diabolical decision. Gutted.
Yes really. We didn’t manage the game well, we were just average against another average team. How many actual chances did we have? How many actual saves did Pope have to make?

We’re not good enough for top 4. We’ve got a long way to go yet to be at that level. This was just another game in a fair number of them this season where we haven’t put an average side to the sword. Top 4 sides do that.

jrpb-3

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
when VAR took as long as they did to review I thought they might just have seen sense, but no. Yes it hits Docs arm but his arm is only up there to protect from attempted overhead/dangerous play, very harsh decision, gave away too many free kicks in the last few minutes and got punished
Burnley very difficult to break down as expected fantastic volley from Raul for what should have been the winner.

last seaon that was never a penalty, with the changed handball rule this season then there was a decision to make, but what is the natural position for your arm when the opponent is swinging a boot towards your face, from the one angle you can see it maybe wasn't as close to his face as it looked from the other angle, but close enough, if it had been closer think it may have been overturned

Last edited:

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought we played pretty well in a difficult fixture and 1-0 would have been a fair result.

Anywhere else on the pitch, I reckon a free-kick is given against Wood for dangerous play.

No complaints with the approach or intent but **** me, those two late goals against Sheffield United and again today have cost us so much.

Patricio 6
Boly 7
Coady 6
Saiss 6
Adama 7
Neves 8
Moutinho 6
Vinagre 7
Podence 6
Raul 7
Jota 6

A result that effectively kills off our hopes of Champions League football and also means we’re almost definitely going to need to get a result at Chelsea for the Europa.

Feel a bit numb to be honest.
the bit in bold for me too Tring. **** me we need to beat Palace.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Before I do a verdict I have to thrash at a point
It’s easier to blame the ref and Var but I have a deeper question that needs answering
After missing that sitter who was the one responsible for giving them the ball straight back with two minutes to go
We had 5 defenders on the pitch and three midfielders they could have played it short, aimed at the corner flag, passed it amongst themselves

Instead its straight to their player to hoof it in and cause panic again
Not good enough we struggle managing games and been done over on our second away game in a row
I thought exactly the same.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have no quarrels regarding the penalty.
Doc is way too late and the ball hits his arm..long after Wood has started his chilean.

Overall,we played a good match against a difficult opponent and at the end of the day it can well prove to be one of the most valuable points won all season.

I do understand the overreactions here,at the end of the day we are all fans.

It is still overreactions though.

Onwards and upwards.Our two best players made our goal happen.We need a little bit more solid quality like Traore and Jimenez..and then we will not have to sit back against Burnley last ten minutes ever again..even at Turf Moor.

Back
Top Bottom