Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Thoughts on where this situation will go for football.

greco wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt your timescale but some on here sound like they won’t even open a window at home incase some stranger breathes through it.
Agreed. Vaccine is progressing according to today’s papers and the antigen test may mean people who test positive (have had jt) are allowed to attend games. Both of these possible in next six months or so

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we shouldn’t try to get life back to some sort of normal because old people can’t leave the house ? I’m devastated that I’m not seeing my old man regularly and he wouldn’t be able to go the Wolves at the moment but in the same breath I’ve happily gone back to work and would go to the Wolves on Saturday if I was allowed because the virus is of absolutely no problem to someone my age (45)unless you have underlying health problems. Can’t wait for a vaccine it might never come also this could also die out!
Well I had a friend who was on a ventilator for 3 days who is your age with no health issues at all, but you carry on, it's fine

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Apparently the EFL have been quoted a cost of £5m for tests covering the period until the end of the season. Could be the straw that finally means they don’t finish.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we shouldn’t try to get life back to some sort of normal because old people can’t leave the house ? I’m devastated that I’m not seeing my old man regularly and he wouldn’t be able to go the Wolves at the moment but in the same breath I’ve happily gone back to work and would go to the Wolves on Saturday if I was allowed because the virus is of absolutely no problem to someone my age (45)unless you have underlying health problems. Can’t wait for a vaccine it might never come also this could also die out!

" the virus is of absolutely no problem to someone my age (45)unless you have underlying health problems."

You need to wake you mate. Plenty of people below 45 have died from this virus without underlying health issues .
Best to not see football for what looks like a very long time than never again.

D

Deleted member 4099

Well I had a friend who was on a ventilator for 3 days who is your age with no health issues at all, but you carry on, it's fine

I will all the evidence suggest that you will have or have in your an underlying heath condition or be obese for it to kill you if your under the age of about 60. It’s more dangerous. I’m not doubting you feelings or your friends circumstances. But at the same time you have look at the stats and make a choice. I’m not insulting you I just view things differently.

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard a good quote the other day from a doctor who said that if you’re not actively anxious about reaching your next birthday, you should not be actively anxious about catching this virus.

Data certainly backs this up.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
EFL members meet later, where the as mentioned proposal of ending League's 1 & 2 will be voted upon.

Means Coventry City would be back to the Championship, for the first time since 2012.

Dr Wolfenstein

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just play the necessary outstanding fixtures to put everyone on the same number of games (29 in the Prem, the Championship is all level, 36 in the 1st Division, 37 in the 2nd) & take those standings & then run the playoffs as single game ties at neutral grounds.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sorry it can be deadly to someone your age, even without underlying health issues, I’m shocked you still believe that scenario

W

WasStefan

I doubt your timescale but some on here sound like they won’t even open a window at home incase some stranger breathes through it.
Have to be ambitious. As things stand Italy are dropping 7,000 active cases every 5 days. They have ~70,000 active cases left. It’s not inconceivable to imagine they will be covid free in 6 weeks. We are ~2 weeks behind, therefore not over ambitious to say we can’t be Covid free by mid-July. Obviously overseas travel will be a no go, but look at countries like Australia and NZ. Pubs/ restaurants are starting to re-open.

fill you life with confidence/ ambition and not negativity. I have changed my mindset from worst case to positivity. It’s help my mental health/ wellbeing a lot. We all need to be looking forward to getting this beat instead of constant worry.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just play the necessary outstanding fixtures to put everyone on the same number of games (29 in the Prem, the Championship is all level, 36 in the 1st Division, 37 in the 2nd) & take those standings & then run the playoffs as single game ties at neutral grounds.
Don't think that will satisfy the bottom 6. There would still be the argument that they shouldn't be relegated because they have more home games than team X or an easier run in than team Y.
It's not ideal but it the season can be completed BCD that's the best solution we're getting.

W

WasStefan

Sorry it can be deadly to someone your age, even without underlying health issues, I’m shocked you still believe that scenario
The stats show otherwise don’t they? Isn’t it less than 100 people who have died under the age of 30 with no underlying problems? And like less than 500 under 60 in the same scenario?

this virus is bad news only for 75+ and those with Diabetes/ asthma/ COPD

As mentioned above it’s hard that certain populations will have to be locked down whilst others go back to ‘normal’ but we have to move on if we can.

I am also more and more convinced this virus is now transmitting very rarely in the general public. Our R number is considerably skewed by hospitals/ care homes

At the end of the day if we don’t try and get on with it the fear of covid ie people not going to the doctors/ A&E and the economic crisis will kill a hell of a lot more people than covid.

D

Deleted member 5635

Heart disease, cancer, diabetes and even suicide take many more lives per day than covid19, by a long long way. That also applies to all age groups and affects older age group more as well. Doesn’t mean we should lock ourselves away though.

D

Deleted member 5635

Have to be ambitious. As things stand Italy are dropping 7,000 active cases every 5 days. They have ~70,000 active cases left. It’s not inconceivable to imagine they will be covid free in 6 weeks. We are ~2 weeks behind, therefore not over ambitious to say we can’t be Covid free by mid-July. Obviously overseas travel will be a no go, but look at countries like Australia and NZ. Pubs/ restaurants are starting to re-open.

fill you life with confidence/ ambition and not negativity. I have changed my mindset from worst case to positivity. It’s help my mental health/ wellbeing a lot. We all need to be looking forward to getting this beat instead of constant worry.
London are only reporting 24 new cases a day now

W

WasStefan

I’ve also turned off from negative morning TV and social media. They set you up for a terrible day. For my info now i solely go to this guy on Twitter who updates this chart every day based on the latest death figures.

I also keep up to date with @ProfKarolSikora on Twitter. Realism mixed with positivity. Try and limit your exposure to negativity. It makes a huge difference!

RMNottm

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heard a good quote the other day from a doctor who said that if you’re not actively anxious about reaching your next birthday, you should not be actively anxious about catching this virus.

Data certainly backs this up.
Sorry, but it does not. All the evidence published is sub 1% infectious mortality rate with crude high figure of around 4% (deaths/ confirmed cases - the worst cases). Antibody studies needed to actually know anything. So who better to study then fit young men with loads of resources on hand. We salute their sacrifice for the greater good :)

W

WasStefan

Sorry, but it does not. All the evidence published is sub 1% infectious mortality rate with crude high figure of around 4% (deaths/ confirmed cases - the worst cases). Antibody studies needed to actually know anything. So who better to study then fit young men with loads of resources on hand. We salute their sacrifice for the greater good :)
These antibody studies in France and Spain have happened. They indicate mortality at between 0.6-1.1% but heavily skewed by those with 1 or more underlying condition and those over 75. The mortality rate itself needs to be analysed instead of just taking it at face value.

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
Football related on this thread please. General virus discussion catered for elsewhere.

W

WasStefan

Genuine post: I have to say that reason for removing my post made me laugh. We all need to laugh. Thanks ! :D

Wolfheart

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If there was one club that has in depth knowledge of this it’s ours.

Not only are Shanghai Fosun Pharma one of the largest pharmaceutical companies in the world, Fosun have 1 of 8 vaccines that are in clinical trials and many aren’t aware but Sinopharm, China’s largest pharmaceutical company and the worlds 3rd largest is a 51/49 joint venture between the Chinese State and Fosun.

If they are back training. I trust it’s the right decision based on this and our own National government and scientists.

Attachments

• 11037D3A-9F24-47F8-9983-FDF5001D5DE5.jpeg
    11037D3A-9F24-47F8-9983-FDF5001D5DE5.jpeg
    164.9 KB · Views: 10

The Wolf In The North

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Troy Deeney on Project Restart. Easy to be cynical, given Watford's position, and I know we're supposed to hate him and everything, but I get the impression he would have that opinion regardless of where Watford are in the table.

He's had his career, he's hardly going to struggle to buy bread and milk, so easy enough for him to say. But he has every right to take that stance. I hope no clubs are pressurizing players to play, and can't imagine we would. If Raul or Neves or Coady or whoever came out and said they didn't want to play, I'd hope we as fans would support them, even if it severely hindered our performances should matches go ahead.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Heart disease, cancer, diabetes and even suicide take many more lives per day than covid19, by a long long way. That also applies to all age groups and affects older age group more as well. Doesn’t mean we should lock ourselves away though.
The things you quote can’t be passed on by just being in the same room

D

Deleted member 5635

The things you quote can’t be passed on by just being in the same room
True, but if precautionary measures are taken, readily available testing and masks etc, the numbers of infection and risk are reduced by a huge amount. A bit like healthy eating and exercise for some of things I originally mentioned would help.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
True, but if precautionary measures are taken, readily available testing and masks etc, the numbers of infection and risk are reduced by a huge amount. A bit like healthy eating and exercise for some of things I originally mentioned would help.
You do realise how contagious this is and how hard it is to thoroughly deep clean?

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
I’ve also turned off from negative morning TV and social media. They set you up for a terrible day. For my info now i solely go to this guy on Twitter who updates this chart every day based on the latest death figures.

I also keep up to date with @ProfKarolSikora on Twitter. Realism mixed with positivity. Try and limit your exposure to negativity. It makes a huge difference!
Stefan pleased for you that you are keeping a positive mindset... it will also benefit your friends and family around you.. very contagious (pardon the pun)..

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
From Dan Roan (BBC Sports Editor):

Hearing that League 2 clubs have agreed to cancel remainder of season, & settle final table via a weighted points-per-game system with 2-legged play-off semi-finals and then a final.
Clubs can’t afford Covid19 tests and for players to come off furlough. Needs ratifying by board.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Troy Deeney on Project Restart. Easy to be cynical, given Watford's position, and I know we're supposed to hate him and everything, but I get the impression he would have that opinion regardless of where Watford are in the table.

He's had his career, he's hardly going to struggle to buy bread and milk, so easy enough for him to say. But he has every right to take that stance. I hope no clubs are pressurizing players to play, and can't imagine we would. If Raul or Neves or Coady or whoever came out and said they didn't want to play, I'd hope we as fans would support them, even if it severely hindered our performances should matches go ahead.

I am sure his whole family would be on their knees begging him to go back if they were about to go broke.
What is he going to do instead..start dealing again?
It is absolute BS of the highest order to say I don´t mind going broke,I don´t need money.
At the end of the day,the idiot Deeney would be back in a flash to pick up his pay check.
I don´t see any reason for a man to say lies like he has.
It is absolute BS.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Deeney doesn´t care about money,then he could donate his whole fortune to Smallsall.
They need it,obviously he don´t.
Shall we start counting?
I know the result beforehand..0 Pounds 0 Pence.
That is hypocracy for you.

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From Dan Roan (BBC Sports Editor):

Hearing that League 2 clubs have agreed to cancel remainder of season, & settle final table via a weighted points-per-game system with 2-legged play-off semi-finals and then a final.
Clubs can’t afford Covid19 tests and for players to come off furlough. Needs ratifying by board.

League one couldn't agree and will meet again on Monday.

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sky suggesting that as a result of the 1 team slot, needing to be filled due to Bury's demise, that they'll be NO RELEGATION from League 2 and only 1 promotion spot from the National League.

20 of the 24 clubs in League 2, voted against relegation as a result and the NL have reportedly told there clubs, that the Play-Off's won't be happening.

Who knows how this will end up - perhaps in court proceedings?

dingle01902

Reaction score
People speak about antibodies and those that have had Covid19 might be ok to attend games etc. Even if this is the case, can they not still catch and carry the virus depositing it everywhere they go whilst not getting ill again? I might be completely missing the point but surely theoretically this could literally keep travelling around on immune people until everybody is either dead or immune!

Pagey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People speak about antibodies and those that have had Covid19 might be ok to attend games etc. Even if this is the case, can they not still catch and carry the virus depositing it everywhere they go whilst not getting ill again? I might be completely missing the point but surely theoretically this could literally keep travelling around on immune people until everybody is either dead or immune!
I think the hope is, that if enough people have had covid, then it will die off, as it will have no one close enough to infect

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I will all the evidence suggest that you will have or have in your an underlying heath condition or be obese for it to kill you if your under the age of about 60. It’s more dangerous. I’m not doubting you feelings or your friends circumstances. But at the same time you have look at the stats and make a choice. I’m not insulting you I just view things differently.
I'm 47, tested positive last week, and let's just say, despite usually being ' fit and well' have felt far from good. And yet I'm lucky. Plenty haven't survived it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm 47, tested positive last week, and let's just say, despite usually being ' fit and well' have felt far from good. And yet I'm lucky. Plenty haven't survived it.
Glad that you seem to have come through it. Keep that way pse.

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Deeney doesn´t care about money,then he could donate his whole fortune to Smallsall.
They need it,obviously he don´t.
Shall we start counting?
I know the result beforehand..0 Pounds 0 Pence.
That is hypocracy for you.
To be fair you’ve got no idea how much he does or doesn’t give away.

Back
Top Bottom