Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Neves goals - Derby vs Espanyol

luiandlui

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
OK, so which goal do we all think is best ?

Derby for me just because of the correction he makes after his first touch, makes the volley so much more difficult. Last night runs it close though.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Derby was further out, and dipped into the top corner. Think last night was a cleaner strike but Derby was a better goal.

MrwulfAndrew

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was a fantastic goal last night, a real re-watcher but the Derby one will really take some beating.

Wednesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby was the best, last night although very good was mildly outstanding.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby for me he had to fetch the ball from behind him.

North Bank

Reaction score
Wasn't there for the Derby game but remember running around the living room like a loon when it went in. That was definitely better, further out, wet horrible conditions, on the turn after his poor first touch.

Had a great view last night though. Knew as soon as he hit it that it was going in.

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I would probably go with the Derby goal....but he was unchallenged for that one....Last night he had a defender in his face and to work the space.....from a personal perspective both required a change of underwear....

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby was a fantastic strike but last night's was more pressure cos of the level of the game and technique wise he had a player breathing down on him.

Mr E

Reaction score
The Derby goal was far harder to score. Running on to the volley with the keeper off his line is an easier skill, in my opinion. Both crazy goals but the Derby one was mind blowing.

Super NES

Groupie
Reaction score
Derby for me....not Neves related but had that Neto strike gone in it would have up there too!

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
The first touch was better last night...the actual strike better against Derby.

Derby Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby for me.

There was an audible hum around the ground after he scored that we'd all just seen something truly world class. Last night's goal was marvelled over but Derby was different gravy. Telling too was Derby fans applauding the goal.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
Derby:
Outrageousness: 11/10
Skill: 10/10
Power: 10/10
Distance: Just past Shrewsbury on the way to Wales
Crowd Reaction: Bonkers.
Commentator Reaction: The Big Bang.

Espanyol:
Outrageousness: 10/10
Skill: 10/10
Power: 11/10
Distance: Somewhere near Telford.
Crowd Reaction: Bat $%@* Crazy
Commentator Reaction: Nuclear Melt Down.

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby!

Last night was a beast though...always got a soft spot for the one against Sheff United aswell for some reason.

Super Ted

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Last night was a great strike and brilliant goal but probably not in Neves's top 5 goals for Wolves. How amazing is that!! :)

Haggstone

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
The way he’s playing now reminds me of the season in the champ, where he was getting noticeably better with each game. Won’t be the last stunner he scores this season I’m sure.

Oh and the Derby goal is better, hands down.

Novawolf1

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably Derby in terms of ‘wow’ but last nights was amazing. Another aspect was the power last night...one TV angle can’t keep up with the ball. The cup goal at home v Liverpool was featured in the Daily Mail noting how many seconds the ball was in transit, distance etc, and it was clicked at something like 71 mph. I wonder if this one was analysed anywhere or if one of the IT experts can analyse this ?...for me this one seemed faster..

Black Country Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Most players get goals like that maybe once or twice in their careers,Ruben does it 2/3 times a season
It was a great strike under pressure on the European stage,a total game changer,lets be honest before that we were looking pretty ragged
The big thing is it probably ranks about 4th or fifth in his great goals catalogue ,Derby is still spine tingling for me
I can forgive him hitting row Z a few times if he does this occasionally,what a player we have

Brizzlewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby!

Last night was a beast though...always got a soft spot for the one against Sheff United aswell for some reason.
That was a different player....that was Ruben Nevvs :)
But I agree, it's a thing of beauty when a strike like that just clips the inside of the post a goes in....the second goal was a bit special as well and I have no shame in sharing it again amongst friends....

E

Eddie's Eagle

For me, I can never get enough of the Sheffield Wednesday goal. That was a Cupid arrow of a shot. The artisan's chisel to last night's builder's sledgehammer.

Pinch me.

BarryM

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
For me, I can never get enough of the Sheffield Wednesday goal. That was a Cupid arrow of a shot. The artisan's chisel to last night's builder's sledgehammer.

Pinch me.
I was about to post the same thing.

Something beautiful about passing the ball sidefooted into the corner from 25 yards!

WalsallWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Derby by quite some distance imo. There was a feeling of awe, shock and utter amaze that I dont think I have ever felt or experienced in my lifetime of going down the Wolves.

My next favorite Neves goal is Cardiff away. The importance of that win was huge. Added in the fact he barely took a run up and was such a controlled measured strike.. genius.

Finch3d

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Derby by quite some distance imo. There was a feeling of awe, shock and utter amaze that I dont think I have ever felt or experienced in my lifetime of going down the Wolves.

My next favorite Neves goal is Cardiff away. The importance of that win was huge. Added in the fact he barely took a run up and was such a controlled measured strike.. genius.
Same for me, derby goal i was in too much shock, was hard to stand up and scream witnessing that! :cool:

L

LoneWolf49

Derby was better but I think this might be the best of the rest.

I don't know if he had momentum or he was under pressure from the Espanyol player.

Thank you Sir Jack

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You can't help but feel a bit sorry for the defender who, last night, headed the ball clear prior to the wonder strike. He probably thought, " job well done, got rid of the danger" only to look on in horror as the ball flew into the net.

Ian C

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The Derby goal will never be beaten, by anyone.

Back
Top Bottom