Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Definitely not transfer rumours. If you post here it must be anything other than transfer rumours.

Y

Yout85

Ohhhhhh Danny Danny
Danny Danny Danny Danny Po-den-say

You’re welcome.

Oh, Danny boy, the Wolves, the Wolves came calling
Via Jorge Mendes, our super agent guy

Cutrone's gone and all the fans were moaning
Till you, till you
You brightened up our lives

The Wolves are back, with Nuno in the dugout
With Fosun backing him all the way

And we'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy
We love you so

Needs more work?

Snorbans Wolf

Reaction score
Oh, Danny boy, the Wolves, the Wolves came calling
Via Jorge Mendes, our super agent guy

Cutrone's gone and all the fans were moaning
Till you, till you
You brightened up our lives

The Wolves are back, with Nuno in the dugout
With Fosun backing him all the way

And we'll be here in sunshine or in shadow
Oh Danny boy, oh Danny boy
We love you so

Needs more work?
You might, just possibly, be overestimating our fans’ ability to remember words to songs there, mate

Wolvezone

Reaction score
€16mil for Dani Olmo!!! Wow! But, then again he's not represented by Mendes Gestifute. Not yet anyway

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At least we have tried for Olmo....but clearly not meant to be. Great pity.
He will be worth twice as much in a year's time

Yam Avinaloff

Groupie
Reaction score
Forgot where I read it (probably here) but apparently his (Olmo) preference is Germany with Champs League.

Sidaway

Reaction score
Leipzig’s defo his preference due to Champs League but not sure they’ve got the funds to pay what they want for him. Milan massively interested and due to good relationships between the clubs, they’re trying to work out a deal.

Sounds like we’re the only club offering bigger money and they’re weighing up options. With him and a few other signings, we can push CL for next season. Whether that’s winning the EL, or top 4, this guy oozes class.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So from the reports above, our offer is better for his club, but he wants to go to Germany, and their offer is better for the agents...

Who would he replace were we successful?

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As good a signing Olmo would be, surely we should be focusing on bringing players in who WANT to come here. He has said he would prefer a move to Germany so why do we want to risk another Cutrone scenario?

Any direct quotes to back up that he prefers Germany? Or could it be paper talk?

A desire for CL football I could understand

Y

Yout85

As good a signing Olmo would be, surely we should be focusing on bringing players in who WANT to come here. He has said he would prefer a move to Germany so why do we want to risk another Cutrone scenario?

I mean.... he has allegedly said that it would be his preference to join the team top of the German Leauge and in the Champions Leaugue over a team 6th in the EPL and in the Europa Leauge...

AlexWolvesHD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we were to somehow add Olmo on top of Podence and Oliveira where would he play because Olmo wouldn't be able to do a 2 man midfield so would require a 3 man midfield or him to play one of the wide forward roles but we would have traore, jota, podence and neto there or would we only sign one of Olmo or Podence.

I don't know how long term Nuno plans to stay 5 at the back whether that is something that will always remain or if its just deemed necessary until we have players in all positions who can play 433 and us not get crucified like we would if we attempted it at the minute. Olmo would be a tremendous addition to the squad just think he wants that Leipzig move instead.

DDPPwolf313

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Could well be. Just going on what I have read from several sources/reports.

Yeah sure just wondered.

Seems the Italian press say he's rejected moves to the Prem and Germany, the German press say he prefers a move to the bundesliga, etc etc

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I mean.... he has allegedly said that it would be his preference to join the team top of the German Leauge and in the Champions Leaugue over a team 6th in the EPL and in the Europa Leauge...

We need an immense performance and an immense result on Thursday night to make this guy sit up and really see that we mean business and are not just making up the numbers in the EPL or in Europe.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably worth reading some of the stuff around why he left Barcelona to Croatia and it kind of explains why he (and his dad) would see Germany as a good development step.

However, I’d be pretty confident that if they sat down with Nuno and the club, they’d find that what they’re looking for in Germany, we’d be pretty much the only club to be able to give them in England.

In everything I’ve read about him, everyone explicitly says how much of a model pro he is and from reading about him, I’m sure he’d be a great fit with our squad and Nuno and that we as a club would be a great fit for him.

PS, I’d be very surprised if he chose Milan if either us or RBL are an option.

Aylesbury Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Probably worth reading some of the stuff around why he left Barcelona to Croatia and it kind of explains why he (and his dad) would see Germany as a good development step.

However, I’d be pretty confident that if they sat down with Nuno and the club, they’d find that what they’re looking for in Germany, we’d be pretty much the only club to be able to give them in England.

In everything I’ve read about him, everyone explicitly says how much of a model pro he is and from reading about him, I’m sure he’d be a great fit with our squad and Nuno and that we as a club would be a great fit for him.

PS, I’d be very surprised if he chose Milan if either us or RBL are an option.
Fair play! Just googled him and sure, it was an interesting read. Seems a sensible guy who will not necessarily be looking for the biggest salary.
Definitely seems like a Nuno type player.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

If we were to somehow add Olmo on top of Podence and Oliveira where would he play because Olmo wouldn't be able to do a 2 man midfield so would require a 3 man midfield or him to play one of the wide forward roles but we would have traore, jota, podence and neto there or would we only sign one of Olmo or Podence.

I don't know how long term Nuno plans to stay 5 at the back whether that is something that will always remain or if its just deemed necessary until we have players in all positions who can play 433 and us not get crucified like we would if we attempted it at the minute. Olmo would be a tremendous addition to the squad just think he wants that Leipzig move instead.
Agreed, Olmo would create a logjam with too many bodies up top ironically (and arguably 1 short at CM).

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't think homesickness is an issue with Olmo, he just seems to have a good idea of what's best for his long term career. And I would imagine that as an outsider, Leipzig looks a much better move than us. Doesn't mean he couldn't be persuaded to join, he seems a player who might buy in to Wolves plans.
If we do want him, it suggests that Nuno sees the formation used in the 2nd half against Saints as a viable long term option.
However I suspect that this is his agent or club driving up the price.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As some have alluded to if we buy olmo - he would have to play imo. Hes a fantastic player which means to me the death of a two man, moutinho, neves.

Podence, neto, jota, traore, jimenez. Cant complain with that 5 oliveira to provide back up before a new striker signing in summer.

jonesy

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Podence, olmo, Oliveira, CM , Campana

after all mine and others pant wetting I think this will be our greatest tx window yet. I will happily eat humble pie if all these deals go through. Imagine Adama Podence and olmo in the same team .

John de Wolf's hairdryer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
As some have alluded to if we buy olmo - he would have to play imo. Hes a fantastic player which means to me the death of a two man, moutinho, neves.

Podence, neto, jota, traore, jimenez. Cant complain with that 5 oliveira to provide back up before a new striker signing in summer.

Podence, olmo, Oliveira, CM , Campana

after all mine and others pant wetting I think this will be our greatest tx window yet. I will happily eat humble pie if all these deals go through. Imagine Adama Podence and olmo in the same team .

Can't see us bringing in Olmo and Podence in the same window. It's far more likely it's one or the other. At a guess, Olmo being our main target and Podence being the fallback option if Olmo can't be persuaded to come.

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hearing there has not been a Wolves bid for Dani Olmo, although that has been suggested elsewhere. Told the primary targets are still Daniel Podence and Nelson Oliveira, and the focus is on getting them signed. #wwfc

Anything over and above podence and oliveria will be a luxury or an u23 I expect

Flump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If you want to progress, you have to set your sights high.

If you just sign players who are falling over to move to you, you're aiming too low.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would have loved Olmo, going to be some player, but he's not a natural fit for us in our usual line up. But then I look at how we shaped up in the 2nd half against Saints with Neto in the hole and that would be perfect for Olmo.

However, He'd expect to be a key player and a starter every week so if we did bring him in, or any other No.10, then its a change in philosophy and I can't see Nuno doing it right now, at least not part way through the season. Having a 10 behind the 2 strikers will just be something we turn to in certain games, rather than a default formation that would justify buying 'an Olmo' and starting week in week out. Unfortunately Olmo is too attacking to be a Moutinho or a Neves, and plays too central to be a winger and we're not going to spend big on someone who is rarely a natural fit

We'd have to fundamentally change how we play, where as Podence and Oliviera fit in with our current plan, plus another CM or CD (hopefully) and we're done

Back
Top Bottom