Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Deep dive on Mendes and Fosun

• Thread starter Deleted member 8455jwf
  • Start date

St.Simon.

Reaction score
A very interesting article. Somewhat light on facts, and chock full of innuendo, but interesting nonetheless.

The Professional

'Unprofessional'
Reaction score
Fascinating article. You can understand why some other teams, managers, people, etc get concerned about us, when you read it. Whether it results in us being very successful, or ends abruptly if things change in the equation- no one knows. You can see that there are going to be lots of transfers and dealings in the future- which is exciting and worrying at the same time. We’d better not get too emotionally attached to players, that’s for sure.

St.Simon.

Reaction score
Fascinating article. You can understand why some other teams, managers, people, etc get concerned about us, when you read it. Whether it results in us being very successful, or ends abruptly if things change in the equation- no one knows. You can see that there are going to be lots of transfers and dealings in the future- which is exciting and worrying at the same time. We’d better not get too emotionally attached to players, that’s for sure.
Spot on.

Poztin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fosun better get a move on if they want to keep up with the City Football Group...

The company's flagship club is Manchester City F.C. in the English Premier League. It also owns parts of clubs in the United States, Australia, Japan, Spain, and Uruguay. The company's aim is to own a team on each continent, each with the identifier "City" in its name.[4]

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Nice read, but could someone tell me where the signings of Moutinho & Patricio fit in with this evil plan. Or the expected signing of 27 year old Raul Jimenez for £30m?
Fosun want to grow the value of their asset as well as make money off big transfers. Grow assett > sign big players > sell for big profit > repeat.
It's no bad thing at all, just a healthy reminder of what the play for Fosun is.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fosun want to grow the value of their asset as well as make money off big transfers. Grow assett > sign big players > sell for big profit > repeat.
It's no bad thing at all, just a healthy reminder of what the play for Fosun is.

Lovely. But how much profit do you expect we will get from players over 30?

Article is a load of balls if you ask me. If Fosun were in it primarily to churn out players then cav & Costa would have gone by now. It’s my belief that we’re here to promote the Fosun brand on a global level, not buy and sell players like delboy. I may be wrong but time will tell

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well they better hurry up on the master plan of ripping us off, as its been three years this summer, since the takeover and **** alls happened yet.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Article is a load of balls if you ask me. If Fosun were in it primarily to churn out players then cav & Costa would have gone by now. It’s my belief that we’re here to promote the Fosun brand on a global level, not buy and sell players like delboy. I may be wrong but time will tell
Those things aren't mutually exclusive you do realise? Fosun can want us to grow and be huge whilst also looking forward to making big money of both incoming and outgoing transfers.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well they better hurry up on the master plan of ripping us off, as its been three years this summer, since the takeover and **** alls happened yet.
I’m not so sure ripping us off is the correct term to use, the better we get in this league the better it is for them.
They don’t love Wolverhampton for any other reason than it furthers their business agenda which suits us very nicely atm and they’re doing a grand job so far,.
We’ve had it all our own way up till now as fans, they just keep chucking dough at it and making some good business decisions along the way, so all is good, can you imagine the disbelief on here when they sell one of our players for a profit!!!

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those things aren't mutually exclusive you do realise? Fosun can want us to grow and be huge whilst also looking forward to making big money of both incoming and outgoing transfers.

Yeah but the article indicates that Fosun believe selling players is the most viable way to make money. My point is, if that is the case, why have we not sold anyone yet and why have we been signing players with little resell value

The facts don’t fit the narrative of the article, so they are ignored

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Yeah but the article indicates that Fosun believe selling players is the most viable way to make money. My point is, if that is the case, why have we not sold anyone yet and why have we been signing players with little resell value

Because we haven't got any players worth big money yet. Ruben probably first lined up but he will need a much better 18 months. The hacked emails are pretty clear.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because we haven't got any players worth big money yet. Ruben probably first lined up but he will need a much better 18 months. The hacked emails are pretty clear.

No they’re not mate, plus this has the fingerprints of that moron Chadwick all over it. He’s got an agenda against Fosun and Wolves so as far as I’m concerned he can do one.

At the risk of sounding like trump, it’s fake news

waggys left foot

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In fact both are essential as we do not have the advantages of london or manchester so football success is what will persuade players to come.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they’re not mate, plus this has the fingerprints of that moron Chadwick all over it. He’s got an agenda against Fosun and Wolves so as far as I’m concerned he can do one.

At the risk of sounding like trump, it’s fake news
Ehhhhh, I don’t think so. A lot of this we already knew and has been in other publications before now. And this article is from Reuters.
There was an article on City about 18 months ago in the Guardian about world football domination ,( the financial side), by investing in clubs and academies etc.
It’s money. Does anyone at Fosun even like football, apart from the financial prospects? Buy an English club for little or nothing, invest some money, get club promoted and automatically receive at least 100 million quid the first year.
And the equity on the club now that’s it’s in the PL.....beautiful.
Overall, fantastic returns on small amount invested compared to any other low risk industry.
Football is now more corporate than ever.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Ehhhhh, I don’t think so. A lot of this we already knew and has been in other publications before now. And this article is from Reuters.
There was an article on City about 18 months ago in the Guardian about world football domination ,( the financial side), by investing in clubs and academies etc.
It’s money. Does anyone at Fosun even like football, apart from the financial prospects? Buy an English club for little or nothing, invest some money, get club promoted and automatically receive at least 100 million quid the first year.
Overall, fantastic returns on small amount invested compared to any other low risk industry.

Ehhhhh I think so pal. I’m not saying that Fosun aren’t in it to make money. I’m not saying they have some strategy to do this. What I am saying is this, articles like this are basic mud slinging aided and abetted by our rivals. Here’s some facts:

The EFL investigated our arrangement and found nothing wrong.

The PL have looked into our arrangement and found nothing wrong.

Like I said to ur man before, the article states we want to sign players and move them on for profit. Nowt wrong with that....but where do Moutinho & Patricio fit in with that theory. Jimenez for 30m? How much profit do we expect on him? It’s laughable mate. I’ll hold my hands up if we do wrong, but we haven’t. Articles like this are trying to destabilise wolves and I won’t have it

lycophilos

Reaction score

That's a very bold accusation to make. My impression is that Jeff Shi, for one, likes football, and especially Wolves football. Why otherwise meet with some members of this forum? Why attend a lot of games, and give the impression of being rather close to Nuno? Why call Mendes "my friend"? etc.etc.

Yes, there are people in football club ownership with no real interest in it apart from the money-making aspects (Stan Kroenke at Arsenal, for instance), but I get the impression that most owners do have some interest in the sport. It's those who clearly don't who stand out, and they tend to be hated by the fans of the clubs they own.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ehhhhh I think so pal. I’m not saying that Fosun aren’t in it to make money. I’m not saying they have some strategy to do this. What I am saying is this, articles like this are basic mud slinging aided and abetted by our rivals. Here’s some facts:

Like I said to ur man before, the article states we want to sign players and move them on for profit. Nowt wrong with that....but where do Moutinho & Patricio fit in with that theory. Jimenez for 30m? How much profit do we expect on him? It’s laughable mate. I’ll hold my hands up if we do wrong, but we haven’t. Articles like this are trying to destabilise wolves and I won’t have it
Ok, let’s agree to disagree about it being fake news.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

They’re not trying to destabilise Wolves, why would they? you’re overegging your own pudding, you pudding, it’s just an article in the media with some truth in it, don’t get so growly over an article Rufio Englasias.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's a very bold accusation to make. My impression is that Jeff Shi, for one, likes football, and especially Wolves football. Why otherwise meet with some members of this forum? Why attend a lot of games, and give the impression of being rather close to Nuno? Why call Mendes "my friend"? etc.etc.

Yes, there are people in football club ownership with no real interest in it apart from the money-making aspects (Stan Kroenke at Arsenal, for instance), but I get the impression that most owners do have some interest in the sport. It's those who clearly don't who stand out, and they tend to be hated by the fans of the clubs they own.
It wasn’t an accusation and by Fosun I meant the owners not employees like Shi.
And I have no reason to know if Fosun do or not do like football. Some might or not.

D

Deleted member 6754 (removed at own request)

Fosun make money on players being signed by Wolves as well as sold, if Mendes is involved and gets a large payment for said transfer.

I'm saying that as someone who has no issue with what they're doing, I just hold my hands up and accept you have to take the rough with the smooth in these circumstances.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
They’re not trying to destabilise Wolves, why would they? you’re overegging your own pudding, you pudding, it’s just an article in the media with some truth in it, don’t get so growly over an article Rufio Englasias.

Lol. Forum goes mad over Merson & Crooks tipping us to lose, but when a news outlet implies we’re cheats it’s ok.

Norris

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Lol. Forum goes mad over Merson & Crooks tipping us to lose, but when a news outlet implies we’re cheats it’s ok.
settle down dear, don’t get so excited, that’s the kind of behaviour a menopausal woman displays, straw man after straw man..

D

Deleted member 3573J

It wasn’t an accusation and by Fosun I meant the owners not employees like Shi.
And I have no reason to know if Fosun do or not do like football. Some might or not.

You're making the assumption that they don't like football because they are Chinese, quite an odd thing to say considering the huge following of Premier League teams there.

cookey

In Memory
Reaction score
Nice article - I don't see it saying we are doing anything wrong, just saying how things are in modern football - as the Manchester/New York/ Wherever City model shows Footie is long past the time where the local Butcher or Baker owned their local club, much as many of us wish those days had not gone

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You're making the assumption that they don't like football because they are Chinese, quite an odd thing to say considering the huge following of Premier League teams there.
If you read back you may notice that I did not make any assumptions, or imply any. Did you make an assumption on my post?

“.......because they are Chinese,....”.????? Good god, Jim.

D

Deleted member 3573J

If you read back you may notice that I did not make any assumptions, or imply any. Did you make an assumption on my post?

“.......because they are Chinese,....”.????? Good god, Jim.

Why else would you suggest they don't like football? Because business owners don't like the game? Of course.

Who thinks like this? Good God indeed.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Owners in hoping to make money shock! What is this world coming to?
the article suggests a lot, with its repeated "no one would comment" but there is nothing that actually appears to be against the rules or even that different to what every other big club tries to do. The only slight difference in our case is a somewhat closer tie in with Mendes but he's hardly exclusive to Wolves or give versa.
if Fosun make lots of money from Wolves it's suggests my football club is doing rather well so I'm OK with that.
Like many of these 'conspiracy ' theories the article has lots of innuendo, extracts of documents and selected facts.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why else would you suggest they don't like football? Because business owners don't like the game? Of course.

Who thinks like this? Good God indeed.
I never suggested that at all. ....are you just trying to wind me up or do you really not understand what I asked.
It was germaine to the Reuters article and the relationship between sports,mega money,corporations and incredibly wealthy, influential people.
And if you don’t like the way I think or my accuracy ....... then move on.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Makes great reading in my view.

Shows we’ve got very smart and connected owners, who’ve spent a long time thinking about it with a clearly defined long term strategy.

I’d say that’s just the tip of the ice berg or the bare minimum business case from Fosun’s side when you start thinking of how they’ve incorporated the wolves branding into the wider picture of Fosun and the soft power play for of owning a top end football club for China.

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

While I agree with this to a point, I think Fosun recognise that in order to attract the young players with huge potential they have to build a worthy team around them. The likes of Patricio, Moutinho and in particular Jimenez could be seen as "loss leaders" to enable Fosun to cash in big on Neves and co.

HKWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Owners in hoping to make money shock! What is this world coming to?
the article suggests a lot, with its repeated "no one would comment" but there is nothing that actually appears to be against the rules or even that different to what every other big club tries to do. The only slight difference in our case is a somewhat closer tie in with Mendes but he's hardly exclusive to Wolves or give versa.
if Fosun make lots of money from Wolves it's suggests my football club is doing rather well so I'm OK with that.
Like many of these 'conspiracy ' theories the article has lots of innuendo, extracts of documents and selected facts.
I was just about to say exactly what you have just said. Completely basesless *******s that wasted 10 minutes of my life reading. No facts, no figures, ‘apparent’ emails which they didn’t even publish and to top it off not one person responded to them. Probably written by some jealous bitter vile fan. Mind the gap and thanks for Abraham.

Rufio

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
While I agree with this to a point, I think Fosun recognise that in order to attract the young players with huge potential they have to build a worthy team around them. The likes of Patricio, Moutinho and in particular Jimenez could be seen as "loss leaders" to enable Fosun to cash in big on Neves and co.

Maybe, personally I think we signed them cos they’re good players and will help us win games.

Back
Top Bottom