Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Would you accept a stadium rename of 'Fosun molineux' if it paid for a 50,000 stadium?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I voted yes but only if it’s Molineux sponsored by Fosun...it’s an unlikely scenario.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Name it what you want it's Molineux.
Sure….it’ll be Molineux to you and me…..BUT…..

within days , it won’t be to every sports professional in England and on the continent. Every televised game from our ground will be the new name.
Every mention of our former name will be gone from the airwaves, both tv and radio. Newspapers, magazines, souvenirs, hats, brochures….. it’ll be endless.

You will never see our former name again in any kind of print, ( tickets, correspondence, events etc). Neither will any football fan in England or the continent.
Example….West Ham fan has tickets to a game at our place….on his tickets will be the time and the new na…

Then the name fades and the only reference , ( except to the older locals ), will be some gawd awful butchering of our former name……it’ll be something like ……’the Moll-in-Lux’ .

Here’s another part of a sponsorship contract that fans won’t like…..all players, coaching staff and all Wolves employees won’t be allowed to refer our new name with the former one. Think about that…..Coady or somebody talking about a return leg at the Nike Place….not at our former name.

Lets pretend that Nike or whoever pay a lot of money to put their name and logo over the door…..does anybody think that they will allow their name to take a backseat to our former name…..NO WAY.
Anybody who doesn’t follow the rules won’t be invited back, ( eg, the E & S, ), ..Dazn, Sky, Bt, BBC all will use the new name.

Pity, as to me, Molineux is history, the glue that binds us all together. Players come and go, fans come and go as do owners, coaches but Molineux is the ONLY constant.
Would hate to lose that.

Last edited:

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
Sure….it’ll be Molineux to you and me…..BUT…..

within days , it won’t be to every sports professional in England and on the continent. Every televised game from our ground will be the new name.
Every mention of our former name will be gone from the airwaves, both tv and radio. Newspapers, magazines, souvenirs, hats, brochures….. it’ll be endless.

You will never see our former name again in any kind of print, ( tickets, correspondence, events etc). Neither will any football fan in England or the continent.
Example….West Ham fan has tickets to a game at our place….on his tickets will be the time and the new na…

Then the name fades and the only reference , ( except to the older locals ), will be some gawd awful butchering of our former name……it’ll be something like ……’the Moll-in-Lux’ .

Here’s another part of a sponsorship contract that fans won’t like…..all players, coaching staff and all Wolves employees won’t be allowed to refer our new name with the former one. Think about that…..Coady or somebody talking about a return leg at the Nike Place….not at our former name.

Lets pretend that Nike or whoever pay a lot of money to put their name and logo over the door…..does anybody think that they will allow their name to take a backseat to our former name…..NO WAY.
Anybody who doesn’t follow the rules won’t be invited back, ( eg, the E & S, ), ..Dazn, Sky, Bt, BBC all will use the new name.

Pity, as to me, Molineux is history, the glue that binds us all together. Players come and go, fans come and go as do owners, coaches but Molineux is the ONLY constant.
Would hate to lose that.
I agree.
But the question is, Would you accept a stadium rename of 'Fosun molineux' if it paid for a 50,000 stadium?
Molineux is still in the name, and Fosun are our owners, not a sponsor.
I vote Yes. Even traditionalists have to make a difficult compromise sometimes.
The paid for 50,000 stadium would have to stay on Waterloo Road as part of that compromise too.
So the change above the door would be Fosun Molineux instead of Molineux. I could live with it. Everyone would still call it Molineux.
And of course, Molineux would have to have a capital letter! Not to be downgraded to molineux.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I agree.
But the question is, Would you accept a stadium rename of 'Fosun molineux' if it paid for a 50,000 stadium?
Molineux is still in the name, and Fosun are our owners, not a sponsor.
I vote Yes. Even traditionalists have to make a difficult compromise sometimes.
The paid for 50,000 stadium would have to stay on Waterloo Road as part of that compromise too.
So the change above the door would be Fosun Molineux instead of Molineux. I could live with it. Everyone would still call it Molineux.
And of course, Molineux would have to have a capital letter! Not to be downgraded to molineux.
But what if it’s Nike Arena and then in a dozen or so years its General Motors Place and then later it’s Rodgers Arena…..
Lets be adults here…..anyone outside of Fosun who have naming rights , will drop our former name…..AND MAKE SURE ITS GONE……

this is 101 business ……

Last edited:

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
But what if it’s Nike Arena and then in a dozen or so years its General Motors Place and then later it’s Rodgers Arena…..
Lets be adults here…..anyone outside of Fosun who have naming rights , will drop our former name…..AND MAKE SURE ITS GONE……

this is 101 business ……

If it's good enough for Bayern Munich City Arsenal and a host of others it may just be a necessary evil.

Yes the kids will soon forget us but if we don't have sustained success soon we won't have fans anyway.

The big 6 showed the direction they want to go in. We have to try and get as close to the top as quick as we can I fear.

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score

this is 101 business ……
Again, I agree, it would be stomach churning.
But Fosun are our current, long-term owners, and credit to them and Jeff, they have acknowledged Wolves traditions, and the historical Molineux name.
Wolves owners for five years, thankfully keeping vital elements which fans hold dear, things which attracted them to us in the first place.
Re Molineux. They could have chased big sponsorship money from companies like Nike but they haven't done that, and until they do, best to forget it.
Back to the question. Fosun haven't initiated a Molineux name change. It is an interesting hypothetical question asked by a member on here.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would it?

Not much to gain by naming it Fosun Molineux……
get Kellogg’s or Cadbury’s to cough up some money……mmmm…….Kellogg’s Arena has a nice ring to it…..we would have a new nickname…..The Flakes:(
In that vein Arsenal should be sponsored by Wispa.

Very Proud (AKA Still Proud)

Prouder than a proud thing in Proudville
Reaction score
Would be happy with:

The GestiFute Carousel Arena

And the stands renamed as the Jorge Mendes Executive Stand (obviously the Billy Wright as it's very shady in there), the Guo Guangchang (John Ireland) Stand, the Club Med End and the Kevin Thelwell Memorial Bank.

Pintandkebab

Reaction score
Would be happy with:

The GestiFute Carousel Arena

And the stands renamed as the Jorge Mendes Executive Stand (obviously the Billy Wright as it's very shady in there), the Guo Guangchang (John Ireland) Stand, the Club Med End and the Kevin Thelwell Memorial Bank.
Jorge Mendes Statue out the front I would have throught

Walter Zenga Media suite ? . For the 100's of Italian Journo's

Bill S Preston Esq.

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

this is 101 business ……
What's the Reebok stadium called these days?

Were you aware QPR don't play at Loftus Road and West Ham never played at Upton Park? Names stick. Molineux will stick, doesn't matter what it's named on Wikipedia.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's the Reebok stadium called these days?

Were you aware QPR don't play at Loftus Road and West Ham never played at Upton Park? Names stick. Molineux will stick, doesn't matter what it's named on Wikipedia.
Ok…..fine. It’s not any of us have any control over the issue anyway. But in today’s corporate world, the stadium sponsors will demand that their wishes are followed.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The "High Fee Fi Fosun Stadium" just rolls off the tongue and would definitely grab attention.

Back
Top Bottom