Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Wolves v Luton Town verdict thread.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent that, well done Gazza and the boys.

Sa 6.5
Doherty 7
Kilman 7.5
Toti 7.5
Semedo 8
Lemina 8
Traore 8
Gomes 7
RAN 7
Hwang 7
Cunha 8

Thought our midfield (and Cunha) were excellent today, really combative. When Ross Barkley came off I must admit it was the first time I realised he'd been playing!

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Apparently the officials are in deep ****, the PGMOL are furious that neither the referee or the VAR have done the job they have been paid to do. They couldn't find (and didn't make up) any reason to disallow either wolves goal, they also failed to give any dodgy penalties to Luton. They both have some serious explaining to do, and Luton are said to be considering their options.
Stuart is mighty displeased with them....

I say this quietly but Coote actually had a decent game....

Mancwolf56

Groupie
Reaction score
Decent that, well done Gazza and the boys.

Sa 6.5
Doherty 7
Kilman 7.5
Toti 7.5
Semedo 8
Lemina 8
Traore 8
Gomes 7
RAN 7
Hwang 7
Cunha 8

Thought our midfield (and Cunha) were excellent today, really combative. When Ross Barkley came off I must admit it was the first time I realised he'd been playing!
Just out of interest why did you only give Sa a 6.5?

Evthewolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I suppose the result is all that matters……But, we were playing a team that are amongst the worst I have seen at this level. They didn’t look to me as if they were fighting for their lives. More like, can’t wait to be put out of their misery.

I don’t want to be be negative after a win but we have to be realistic. They were dreadful and were still in the game right up until the end, that tells you something. The result will paper over the cracks for now.

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent performance but we go to pieces in front of goal. Should have scored at least 4. As usual gave away a daft goal but the Luton player who crossed the ball after the corner looked off side.
When their corner came in (before their goal), one of our defenders was lying on the ground, presumably not out of choice. But I didn't notice VAR checking for any offence...

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Boubacar Traore was great today. Every time Ross Barkley picked the ball up, Traore was on him, snapping at his heels or wrapping his long legs around him!

Just shut him down completely and Luton only improved after Barkley was subbed.

Nelson was excellent again. Deserved a goal and should have had one. Just put your laces through it!

Hwang and Cunha really make the difference too.

Reaction score
Yep they were surprisingly upbeat on the train back to New Street
Finished off with a few rounds of “Down Down Down Down” by Paul Johnson and then “Walking on Sunshine” as the finale before they all got off in Milton Keynes. Could never get that much energy after a defeat, but as they said, “we never win so we have to find other ways to keep our spirits up.”

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the lad, he's mental and he looks mental, just like all good keepers should be. I went below the 7 default-average because his kicking was, as it always is, ****e. Sometimes his shot stopping makes up for it, but I didn't think he had much to do with his hands today. Maybe a bit harsh?
I remember us singing straight back up when Mick's team went down.... That didn't end well, lol.

The problem is that Luton have basically a Championship level team which can't lift itself for 38 cup finals in one season.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just out of interest why did you only give Sa a 6.5?
I like the lad, he's mental and he looks mental, just like all good keepers should be. I went below the 7 default-average because his kicking was, as it always is, ****e. Sometimes his shot stopping makes up for it, but I didn't think he had much to do with his hands today. Maybe a bit harsh Manc?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I like the lad, he's mental and he looks mental, just like all good keepers should be. I went below the 7 default-average because his kicking was, as it always is, ****e. Sometimes his shot stopping makes up for it, but I didn't think he had much to do with his hands today. Maybe a bit harsh Manc?
I certainly don't think that Sa rated a lower score than an immobile Doc who passed back just about every time he got the ball. Semedo started behind him and passed him consistently....

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember us singing straight back up when Mick's team went down.... That didn't end well, lol.

The problem is that Luton have basically a Championship level team which can't lift itself for 38 cup finals in one season.
But they've approached it in exactly the way they should've done: not gambled on PL survival, had a good go, and will be financially safe with the PL cash and the parachute payments. Even if this means they'll establish themselves in the Championship, that's great.

Fair play to em, they are the club the Netflix type producers should've been following: nearly went bust, crashed out of the league, had a miraculous revival etc. **** Wrexham and their **** attention seeking owners.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But they've approached it in exactly the way they should've done: not gambled on PL survival, had a good go, and will be financially safe with the PL cash and the parachute payments. Even if this means they'll establish themselves in the Championship, that's great.

Fair play to em, they are the club the Netflix type producers should've been following: nearly went bust, crashed out of the league, had a miraculous revival etc. **** Wrexham and their **** attention seeking owners.
I completely agree. Their plan was to build their new ground and then go for promotion but they got there early.... Most of the PL funds are going into infrastructure....

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I certainly don't think that Sa rated a lower score than an immobile Doc who passed back just about every time he got the ball. Semedo started behind him and passed him consistently....
It's all about opinions ay it. Sa didn't make a save he wouldn't be expected to make, and was as ****e as he always is off the deck. Thought Doc was alright second half (although he was crap for the first half hour)? Not sure Semedo overlapping is necessarily a criticism?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's all about opinions ay it. Sa didn't make a save he wouldn't be expected to make, and was as ****e as he always is off the deck. Thought Doc was alright second half (although he was crap for the first half hour)? Not sure Semedo overlapping is necessarily a criticism?
That first sentence is exactly what a forum is about. You have a good evening, l certainly will!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solid enough performance. Traore one of the better players.

Sarabia for the 20 mins on the pitch was woeful. Gave free kicks away and his challenges pathetic.
I think he might be one to sell this summer? The lads round me hate him, I'm more ambivalent, but he's not in Neto's or Cunha's or RAN's class, so of we could get what we paid that'd be reasonable business.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was nice to be much better than a team we are much better than, for a change. We should have scored more but even though it’s only Luton, that performance was night and day to what we have seen for the last few months.

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Workmanlike with odd flashes of brilliance and/or skill. Should have been 4 at least but getting some forwards back definitely improved the attacking play.
As for Luton they're odd. They put in lots of effort and for 15 minutes look OK, then fade before coming back again and repeat. Maybe at times they put too much in to compensate for not generally having players quite good enough.. I can see why they've been involved in so many crazy games.

Wagstaffe Was Magic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Stuart is mighty displeased with them....

I say this quietly but Coote actually had a decent game....
Shhhhhh!!!!!!
Do you realise how many agendas you are destroying with your flippancy…..
Be very careful, you may not be allowed back on here if this kind of posting against the grain continues!

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Solid enough performance. Traore one of the better players.

Sarabia for the 20 mins on the pitch was woeful. Gave free kicks away and his challenges pathetic.
Sarabia has absolutely no idea of how to tackle anybody.

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy enough win.

I do like Luton and hope they stay up but their football is ridiculous.

Sa catches an attempt at goal and one kick from a keeper who can't really kick has resulted in a goal. I hope we never appoint Rob Edwards!!

The first half was pretty even in chances but second half was a mismatch. They're too open and when they're that split second late in the press, which is inevitable as you tire, then they give up chances.

We deservedly went two up, and should've been more. They didn't have a shot until the goal in the second half, which obviously had a comical build up.

To be fair, Adebayo made a difference, and hopefully he can do something in the run-in. They've got three decent games left on paper but I've given up all hope of them staying up. Just hoping Burnley can take it to the last day and beat Forest, although unlikely.

Traore MOTM, excellent display and one of few criticisms of O'Neil this season has to be how he has been reluctant to use him.

Semedo not far behind. Kilman did okay against an awkward opponent. Cunha class as usual.

Last edited:

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Decent performance but we go to pieces in front of goal. Should have scored at least 4. As usual gave away a daft goal but the Luton player who crossed the ball after the corner looked off side.
Hey BSK, on Wednesday to quote you 'you were done with it'? That lasted 3 days! At least I carried through with my plan to go out to lunch today with my family. Booked a table for 2.30, left my phone in the car and I haven't enjoyed a Saturday afternoon as much for years. Gave no thought to the game and realised there are loads of people out there whose Weekends are not ruined by football. I will do the same for the last 3 games and see how things go during the summer. This could catch on; I heartily recommend it! It makes you realise there are so many more things in life than Wolves.

WorcesterWanderer

Reaction score
Hey BSK, on Wednesday to quote you 'you were done with it'? That lasted 3 days! At least I carried through with my plan to go out to lunch today with my family. Booked a table for 2.30, left my phone in the car and I haven't enjoyed a Saturday afternoon as much for years. Gave no thought to the game and realised there are loads of people out there whose Weekends are not ruined by football. I will do the same for the last 3 games and see how things go during the summer. This could catch on; I heartily recommend it! It makes you realise there are so many more things in life than Wolves.
Fair play to be honest mate but some people can't stay away, I should know because I'm one of them!

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Easy enough win.

I do like Luton and hope they stay up but their football is ridiculous.

Sa catches an attempt at goal and one kick from a keeper who can't really kick has resulted in a goal. I hope we never appoint Rob Edwards!!

The first half was pretty even in chances but second half was a mismatch. They're too open and when they're that split second late in the press, which is inevitable as you tire, then they give up chances.

We deservedly went two up, and should've been more. They didn't have a shot until the goal in the second half, which obviously had a comical build up.

To be fair, Adebayo made a difference, and hopefully he can do something in the run-in. They've got three decent games left on paper but I've given up all hope of them staying up. Just hoping Burnley can take it to the last day and beat Forest, although unlikely.

Traore MOTM, excellent display and one of few criticisms of O'Neil this season has to be how he has been reluctant to use him.

Semedo not far behind. Kilman did okay against an awkward opponent. Cunha class as usual.
Maybe GON and his coaches have been working very hard on Bouba and getting him ‘Premier league match ready’.

Back
Top Bottom