Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Will Craddock play a part this season?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So we all know Craddock has signed a new one year extension to his contract. But is this role primarily for coaching or out of sympathy for him to get his 10 years?

I still feel like he could play a role in our side despite the fact that he is 37 years old now. I mean, he was 33 when we got promoted and i still feel like he's more than capable enough to be the defensive force he was back then alongside either Johnson or Batth. Stearman is $$$$e, and always has been. I dread the thought of him playing at the back this season because everybody knows he's a disaster waiting to happen which was evident in how $$$$ we were last year.

If we don't end up signing a centre back replacement which is so evidently being looked at by Solbakken after missing out on Vadim Demidov and Pedro Geromel then i personally feel Craddock should still be in contention to be starting at the back.

How do you all feel about this? Do you reckon he'll play a backward role now in the side despite the fact he's regained full fitness?

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not in the league... Maybe in the cup!

dane

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can't see him ever playing for us again, but I'm assuming any health insurance he's covered by extends to his family while he's under contract, to which I say thank you and applaud those in power if that is indeed the case

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should probably start ahead of Stearman, but then so should Jason Forrest, Craig Forrest or Craig Logan the former Bros bassist

RJs Tankard

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Berra goes, and one of Stearman, Johnson or Baath get injured/suspended, then I suspect he may get as far as the bench. I suspect we'd probably opt to play Elokobi in the centre instead should we get short in that position. With Stale going for the high defensive line, I don't think Craddocks legs would be able to cope with it.

TheStalePolice

Reaction score
He should probably start ahead of Stearman, but then so should Jason Forrest, Craig Forrest or Craig Logan the former Bros bassist

...and Craig Charles, and Craig Douglas (if he's still alive) should both start before Richard Stearman. Come to think of it, even if Craig Douglas isn't alive.

Sorry, Richard, but the most depressing thing of all at the moment is that we start the season wth Stearman and not a shiny new centre back.

I would love Craddock to play but he's not featuring at all at present so it seems highly unlikely. I guess an injury crisis might prompt it, but otherwise it's Stearman Stearman Stearman to the break of day! Blood and sand!

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Im currently blocked by Stearman cos i asked Fletch (if he was going to Sunderland) could he take Stearman with him... evidently old cosmic chin wasnt keen

arooooo

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
With his experience, I'd think he could definitely at least be effective as a sub to tighten the back four in a critical match. Is that enough to put him on the bench? Guess it depends on the match, and injuries suspensions etc. Dunno if he could surprise some by giving a full 90 minutes, but 15 or 30, or say starting for 60?...

H

Hatch End

Got to admit, when I look at the probable back four for today's game I'm not overly confident.

I really thought that improving the defence would have been a priority beyond all others. Staale can't possibly believe that they are good enough, even in the Chump.................however, good lad that he is, Craddock is surely only on the books out of kindness.

geowolf

Reaction score
I hope he gets involved in the coaching as well as being an immense stabilising element among the players. I hope he stays at Wolves long-term and one day is in charge - though later rather than sooner following the legendary success of the Solbakken revolution.

Boss Hogg

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He wil be back to save our season at Easter don't worry.

Back
Top Bottom