Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Verdict Wolves vs Bolton

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Gallant attempt from our lads. Still time if we show that desire and commitment. Well done chaps

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
According to Connor it wasn't a must win game anyway, we're only six points adrift with seven games remaining - there's still time for the greatest escape in footballing history.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm sure Connor will be spouting his usual crap this evening.

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Connor got very offended at the Sky reporter saying that we "crumbled" after the penalty, Connor just said that the game "evened out".

About as even as the Titanic after it hit the iceberg.

S

Stafford Elvis

Gallant attempt from our lads. Still time if we show that desire and commitment. Well done chaps

courageous performance by the lads, good to see a Wolves old boy showing respect for the club that gave him his break,timely substitutions by TC, heroic defending by Captain Marvel, things really looking up:embarassed:

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Connor got very offended at the Sky reporter saying that we "crumbled" after the penalty, Connor just said that the game "evened out".

Connor is an utter joke! ' the game evened out' after penalty. Is he having a laugh or what. Just go now for the love of God!

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
At 1-1 we were on the backfoot and a lot of people could see Bolton scoring next. Connor didn't make the change. A novice mistake.

''This job isn't for a novice'' - Jez Moxey

$$$$ off you useless $$$$

M

Metro Wolf 2007

We were doomed as soon as Morxeygan and The Real Moxey decided on a short term appointment and then "got their man" Connor. We now have the result of their lofty ambitions.:mad:

we love jez moxey

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
just got back. Really good in the first half, looked knackered in the second. Shame because Kightly and Jarvis were buzzing.
Can't believe the crowd stuck up for Hennessey, he thoroughly deserved his rollocking from Johnson. Why's he stopped coming for balls, he's been doing it all season?

D

Deleted member 3751

Honest verdict, good first half, very good and should've been at least one up. Second half began more even, we took the lead and then what seemed a somewhat debatable penalty levelled it and knocked the stuffing out of us and led to the inevitable collapse.

A

Anglian Wolf

Yes we played well and defeat today was unjust. We could have even argued that today's defeat need not be fatal but for the results elsewhere.

To lose on a day that Wigan beat Stoke and QPR beat Arsenal was a disaster and - if we are being honest with ourselves - we have now reached the end.

We would have to win two and draw one with all other teams losing just to scrape ahead. Just isn't going to happen.

The final humiliation for us now will be getting relegated with games to spare in a season where a mid-30 haul would be enough to stay up.

We are down - we screwed it up - we end the season with no idea who our next manager will be - we are in danger of losing our good young stars - back to Doncaster away.

Need I say more.

The key question is:

How will the Board respond? They owe us in spades and anything short of automatic return to the Premiership next year will seem like another disaster.

T

Tettenhall Wolf

Played well. Didnt finish. Didnt keep them out. We are now down. Dissappointed.

W

WasStefan

Some people must have been watching a different game to me. Outplayed them for 70 minutes, wiped the floor with them but didn't put away our chances. Lose concentration for 20 minutes and Bolton take all their chances.

Sums up Wolves, didn't deserve the loss though.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sums up quite a few games. Plenty of chances but cant shoot and cant defend.

Taffywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people must have been watching a different game to me. Outplayed them for 70 minutes, wiped the floor with them but didn't put away our chances. Lose concentration for 20 minutes and Bolton take all their chances.

We bossed the 1st half,They bossed the 2nd. The only stat that counts is Wolves 2-Bolton 3. They had more shots on goal than us and we had 51% of possesion and them 49% which away from home is very good. So we weren't as dominating as some people on here think.

sedgwolf1980

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We conceded 3 goals, again. At home. We lost, again. Everything else is irrelevant.

We are rock bottom and deserve to go down.

Vietnam Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Good summary - our heart and fight went after the cheated penalty is the only thing I would add. Understandable in some ways after the disappointemnt of missing all those chances on the 1st half.

J

johnybig32

Own worst enemy again. We dont score when we should, we dont take our chances when we should, we cant pass and keep calm when we should, we cant clear the ball and defend when we should.

We cant just do anything right at the right time.

Then, it all unravels and falls down around us when the ref had his "awwww, lets feel sorry for Bolton" moment.

Incidents today summed up the luck we have.

Fletch heads teh ball against the ball and goes over, they hit the bar and it falls to their player.

A player decides to dive and the ref buys it.

Didnt deserve to lose. Disappointed.

Now is the time to build for next year. Get a new manager in for the rest of the season, bleed the youngsters, build.

W

WasStefan

We bossed the 1st half,They bossed the 2nd. The only stat that counts is Wolves 2-Bolton 3. They had more shots on goal than us and we had 51% of possesion and them 49% which away from home is very good. So we weren't as dominating as some people on here think.

Your opinion. But you must have watched a different game. We edged first 15 minutes of second half and last 5 minutes of the game, not to mention the whole of the first half where we should have scored 3+.

Oh well onwards and upwards.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvis & Kightly played brilliantly. Fletcher should have scored three in the first half. In the end, our shambles of a defence cost us. There is just no quality. Berra, Johnson, Stearman, Foley and Bassong(loanee). It doesnt matter which players start or in which position, the result is always the same. The shame is that we'll be stuck with the same incompetent bunch of footballing shysters next year.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jarvis & Kightly played brilliantly. Fletcher should have scored three in the first half. In the end, our shambles of a defence cost us. There is just no quality. Berra, Johnson, Stearman, Foley and Bassong(loanee). It doesnt matter which players start or in which position, the result is always the same. The shame is that we'll be stuck with the same incompetent bunch of footballing shysters next year.

Our full backs let us down, how many goals have come from the two flanks this season is untrue. McCarthy really needed to improve both positions for years and failed to do so.

Bull Army

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Your opinion. But you must have watched a different game. We edged first 15 minutes of second half and last 5 minutes of the game, not to mention the whole of the first half where we should have scored 3+.

But we didn't. Everyone here would rather us play $$$$ and get some wins. Lose and play well? Rubbish. You actually feel worse after a defeat than if you play $$$$ and lose.

S

Stafford Elvis

Our full backs let us down, how many goals have come from the two flanks this season is untrue. McCarthy really needed to improve both positions for years and failed to do so.

:adore:Chickens roost home to come

D

Deleted member 4008

If you cant defend and don't take your chances then you have not got a prayer in the Prem. Add to that clueless management from top to bottom and that = Wolves. Same mistakes made yet people still keep been put in the 11. TC is gone at the end of the season but for me a few of the younger lads been given ago would give fans something to get behind instead of the same shoddy 11.

W

WasStefan

But we didn't. Everyone here would rather us play $$$$ and get some wins. Lose and play well? Rubbish. You actually feel worse after a defeat than if you play $$$$ and lose.

Doom
And
Gloom

The Championship isn't that bad, Stearman won't be made to look mediocre, Elokobi will scare teams to $$$$ and Kightly and Hammill will provide perfect service to Ebanks and Doyle with Milijas creating chances from the middle and Henry bossing teams.

Stay positive.

Last edited by a moderator:

DawleyWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll be seeing a lot of historically strong teams next season - Leicester, Notts Forest, Leeds, Watford, Palace, Derby maybe West Ham, Brum, Coventry

looking forward to a few games we might win - sick of the greed league

bod101

Admin & No.4
Reaction score
adequate performance first half should have scored one. bolton looked to have come for a draw. same mistakes in defence as in pretty much all our games, i put this down to what looks like sort of zonal marking system that falls flat on its face so many time players are left wide open in space. AGAIN we sat back as soon as we scored and AGAIN we end up losing. Please remove the entire coaching staff and get rid of this negative graft over craft based negative structure and do it now so we are not performing the same circus of recruitment over the summer and the new team can look at what we have before the season end.

J

johnybig32

I hope Villa come down with us. That would just cheer me up.

WHo the hell was the ref anyway? Never A premier League ref at all.

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm actually quite looking forward to it, have a few friends who are ardent supporters of a couple of Championship teams so it's good for banter and is certainly a lot more interesting than bantering with arm chair Arsenal and Man Utd fans.

Tarcisio Mifsud

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This defeat is to be put at the door of the officials. Their equaliser came after a Mark Davis dive in the penalty area. the second time this referee has given a penalty against us for nothing at all, the other one was away to Everton, when we were drawing 1-1. I think that the second goal came from an offside position, when the ball hit the crossbar it fell to the full back who was in an offside position.

TC should share this defeat aswell. When Bassong was injured, he should have replaced him with Zubar with Stearman going into the middle where actually he was all the time playing leaving Petrov alone very often. Bolton immediately put Eagles on the pitch for he is very fast and was all the time moving towards Bassong who was limping, the third goal came from such an action. TC is still very crude in coaching and did not counter Eagles substitution when Bassong was injured.

The ingredients of relegation have all been with us all the season. Bad management, weak defence, non taking goal scoring opportunities, injuries, bad decisions from the officials almost in all matches, luck has totally deserted us and did not balance itself as they say.

Now I rate our players:-

Hen. I was only disappointed with him for seeing him chatting with Mark Davis at the end of the match. He should not even shaken his hands with him for cheating. But he made some good saves and was not at fault for any of the goals conceeded. He should have avoided the tussle he had with the Johnson, the Captain, after all he was at fault in about 3 instances for not going out to collect high balls. 6

Stearman. He was all the time playing in the centre, with the result that Petrov was having a field day, perhaps Zubar would have done better today. 6

Johnson. He had a good match and he did not give away the penalty, it was the official who bought Mark Davis dive. 6

Bassong. He was having a good match, until he was injured and should have been substituted for the Bolton forwards were coming on him all the time when they noticed he was still limping heavily. 6

Ward. Not a bad match, compared to some performance lately. 5

Kightly. I have the award for MOM for him today, not just for the goal scored, but he was a treat all the time, it was a pity his opponent scored their second goal, which I still think it came from an offside position. 8

Davis. He had a good match and he is gearing himself for the championship next season. He should keep his place in the remaining 7 matches. 7

Edwards. He is a player of mixed bag. He runs all the time which is good, but his distribution is weak, although today some of our players did not notice him taking good positions in the penalty area. 6

Jarvis. He scored our second goal, but he missed another good chance, and also some of his assists left much to be desired. 6

SEB. I think he had the best match since we went into the premiership. He took several balls from the defenders. 6

Fletcher. Today he was unlucky not to score, he had 2 headers being cleared of the line, but he missed an open goal in the first half, he should have hit the net and not the crossbar with his header. 6

Substitutions:- Doyle did better in few minutes he was on the pitch today, than he did against Norwich. 5

Henry/Milijas. Came too late in the game although Wolves scored the second when they came in.

TC. As I wrote above he was at fault for not substituting Bassong when he was injured and Bolton moved Eagles who was fresh and therefore the third goal could have been avoided. 3

Officials. Very unkind with Wolves. Giving Bolton a non existent penalty and a goal from an offside.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Did you watch the game?

Wolv3nsam

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Their remaining games are:

Liverpool (A)
Stoke (H)
Man Utd (A)
Sunderland (H)
Bolton (H)
West Brom (A)
Tottenham (H)
Norwich (A)

Perhaps not beyond the realms of possibility

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't think we're going to get anywhere near 30 points. We need a complete overhaul in't'summer.

Defeat doesn't hurt too much any more though!

M

MK Panther

This season has been a massive disappointment saw it coming all the way even after the first three games, we have never shown true consistency, albeit in losing and conceding goals. It was never rocket science Mick was always aiming for 17th spot and his football was designed for teams to come onto us, we were never a footballing team. Todays results has sunk us!

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The next 7 games are effectively dead rubbers; I genuinely see little point in playing those who won't be here next year.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll be seeing a lot of historically strong teams next season - Leicester, Notts Forest, Leeds, Watford, Palace, Derby maybe West Ham, Brum, Coventry

looking forward to a few games we might win - sick of the greed league

Cardiff and one of the Sheffield sides...

M

Mister Rabbit

The defeat is down to the inept Connor, who should have brought Miljas and Henry on at 1 -0 when it was clear our midfield needed strenthening.

R

RichDavi

WHo the hell was the ref anyway? Never A premier League ref at all.

Jon Moss. 7 penalties in 7 games. Including that one against Everton back in October

Back
Top Bottom