Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Unpopular opinions

TooMutchBull

Reaction score
  • The tyre track kit was sound.
  • Football is a girls sport.
  • South Bank is for people who can't afford tickets in J9 or J10.
  • Morgan/Moxey weren't terrible.
  • Dalrymple was a slimy git riding on the crest of a wave.
  • Neves isn't actually better than Zidane
  • "Wolves Go Marching In" is a terrible chant.
  • Prime Dave Edwards was a serviceable midfielder and would have got in our current squad.
  • Hate Blues more than Albion.
  • I prefer the floral wolf head to the temporary stand.
  • Keane was the greatest central midfielder of his generation.
  • Hayward statue is awful.

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't want to spread negativity at all but what I will say is I just watched some of the full match of Wolves 3-2 Man City the Wolves channel uploaded and we were different sauce back then, rarely any miss hit passes, extraordinary vision, clever runs and this extreme buzz around all our play I think that season especially before lockdown was our absolute peak in the Fosun era, they really could of got top 4 we looked absolutely insane at times, right now we're still a good chunk away from what we were back then.
I agree with a lot of what you write here,
but that game is about the peak of that season, and it took us a while to get there that year. We started slow and went on a 13 game unbeaten run.
It is funny, bit i look back and we had an in form Traore, Raul as one of the best if not the best in the league, and Jota who was great for us buthas done even better for a champions league side since. Moutinho still at his peak, and Jonny fit.

I certainly didn't think it at the time, but maybe, just maybe, we underachieved finishing 7th that year?

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John De Wolf wasn’t very good and if he didn’t have long hair and Wolf in his name he’d have been completely forgotten.
Indeed, but still far better than Eric Young....

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Re-writing history there a bit. He brought in plenty of his own who were woeful. Pesczko, Margreitter, Doumbia, Siguradarson for starters.
Yep indeed he did. I don't excuse him fully, far from it. But at the time there were a core of players who seemed to give off a cant be ***** vibe

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yep indeed he did. I don't excuse him fully, far from it. But at the time there were a core of players who seemed to give off a cant be ***** vibe
I’m fairly close to a player from that squad, a name we all love and he told me that training was awful, no intensity at all and no one understood what he was trying to achieve.

I don’t think that players necessarily downed tools, just that they didn’t believe in him or his methods. As I say there was a lot of confusion in his training sessions.

Edinburgh Wolf

Reaction score
Richard Stearman was awful. Berra was miles better but didn’t get the credit Stears did because he wasn’t born in Wolverhampton and didn’t kick the goalpost when we conceded.

Whenever I was able to get to a game around that time, I always thought our centre backs were made to look poorer than they were by being constantly dragged out of position covering for two poor full backs, who were all over the place defensively.

Whilst I love the guy, Big George was pretty ****e, as was Zubar.

Stafford

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Well atleast we all know what the most debatable thing in football is now.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great thread, completely agree with Ben Foster, I'd add Troy Deeney to that. Probably because I can relate to him; **** ugly and have had a few run-ins with the law.

- Alex Scott is a fantastic pundit and a breath of fresh air
- Roy Keane was a bang average player (and is a ********)
- Paul Scholes is completely over-rated basically off the back of a couple of comments from Xavi or was it Zidane who said he was the best midfielder in the world.
- We would have won the World Cup if Sven Goran Eriksson didn't **** Ulrika Jonnson

I'll have to have a think about Wolves related opinions!
Completely agree with Deeney. I really like him too. Proper ****house merchant!

Nivada

Reaction score
I agree with a lot of what you write here,
but that game is about the peak of that season, and it took us a while to get there that year. We started slow and went on a 13 game unbeaten run.
It is funny, bit i look back and we had an in form Traore, Raul as one of the best if not the best in the league, and Jota who was great for us buthas done even better for a champions league side since. Moutinho still at his peak, and Jonny fit.

I certainly didn't think it at the time, but maybe, just maybe, we underachieved finishing 7th that year?
I think we did, I really do.

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
John McGinlay wasn't the reason we didn't get promoted. We just weren't really good enough when given the money we spent we should have ****ed the league

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's your unpopular football opinion(s)?

Mine are that

- Ben Foster seems like quite a decent guy...

- Given time, Solbakken would have been a good fit for Wolves
What's your unpopular football opinion(s)?

Mine are that

- Ben Foster seems like quite a decent guy...

- Given time, Solbakken would have been a good fit for Wolves
Solbakken was only a good fit for my garden. I made £800 from us getting relegated that season, paid for the landscaping with a few quid to spare

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Jack Grealish is naturally attractive to women, completely unconnected to his wealth. Anyone who disagrees is a sad sack who has more chance of taking a pull at themselves than pulling a woman.
He’s also a decent kid as well barring a few incidents which is all part of growing up.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Whenever I was able to get to a game around that time, I always thought our centre backs were made to look poorer than they were by being constantly dragged out of position covering for two poor full backs, who were all over the place defensively.

Whilst I love the guy, Big George was pretty ****e, as was Zubar.
People who come on here and before criticising a player, preface it 'with 'whilst I love the guy' in the hope it will reduce any flak he gets. My opinion is that if you think someone's **** just say so.

Adrian_Monk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Our form was absolutely shocking, dressing room torn apart, Millions wasted before January and a (after) Ebanks Blake injury all before he was hired. Sometimes when look closely back at history it paints a completely different picture.
Spot on. I walked out at half time against Ipswich, we were completely outplayed, just like we were against Peterborough and Luton. From the thrashing by Chelsea onwards we looked like we'd downed tools.

A very good manager still may have kept us up, but whilst Saunders was obviously clueless, it would be revisionist to say performances didn't improve slightly. Over Easter we won three out of four until we had to play two games in three days, both of which we won, then Ebanks-Blake got injured and then from the last six games we lost four.

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
  • The tyre track kit was sound.
  • Football is a girls sport.
  • South Bank is for people who can't afford tickets in J9 or J10.
  • Morgan/Moxey weren't terrible.
  • Dalrymple was a slimy git riding on the crest of a wave.
  • Neves isn't actually better than Zidane
  • "Wolves Go Marching In" is a terrible chant.
  • Prime Dave Edwards was a serviceable midfielder and would have got in our current squad.
  • Hate Blues more than Albion.
  • I prefer the floral wolf head to the temporary stand.
  • Keane was the greatest central midfielder of his generation.
  • Hayward statue is awful.
Close thread.

Not sure about the Keane shout though. And WGMI is nowhere near as bad as the Cutrone song.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Nuno was great, Bruno will be greater, watch this space!

Unfortunately, every manager has their sell buy date at some point in time, bring on “Fat Sam” for one last swan song!

Back
Top Bottom