Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Tony Roberts

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should stay with us when we appoint our new head coach imo. He’s the only one of Bruno’s backroom staff who has (so far) not been dismissed.

He’s our set piece and goalkeeper coach and hasn’t done much wrong with our Jose has he. Sarkic is being trusted as our number 2 as well. Part of the Welsh national team set up as well.

I can’t see him staying loyal to Bruno, whose next job will probably be abroad, so hope we keep him.

Saw his passion after yesterdays win and that’s just what we need. He looked well chuffed.

Hope he stays.

AntonusKlesk

Groupie
Reaction score
I've felt slightly odd about him since he appeared when Lage took over. Can't explain it, but gives off a sort of over zealous PE teacher vibe.

No idea whether he is a good or bad influence on the players though. The only thing that is known is that he has been part of the coaching staff during our downward trend in form.

NorthWolf

Reaction score
I've felt slightly odd about him since he appeared when Lage took over. Can't explain it, but gives off a sort of over zealous PE teacher vibe.

No idea whether he is a good or bad influence on the players though. The only thing that is known is that he has been part of the coaching staff during our downward trend in form.
1665918987978.png

Strats

Reaction score
Once conceded NINE, during his playing days, in a televised match and his attitude was questionable to say the least.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if the thread has been started because Sa saved a penalty? I'd say that save was down to Sa and nothing at all to do with Roberts?

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He should stay with us when we appoint our new head coach imo. He’s the only one of Bruno’s backroom staff who has (so far) not been dismissed.

He’s our set piece and goalkeeper coach and hasn’t done much wrong with our Jose has he. Sarkic is being trusted as our number 2 as well. Part of the Welsh national team set up as well.

I can’t see him staying loyal to Bruno, whose next job will probably be abroad, so hope we keep him.

Saw his passion after yesterdays win and that’s just what we need. He looked well chuffed.

Hope he stays.
Our set pieces are rubbish.

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wonder if the thread has been started because Sa saved a penalty? I'd say that save was down to Sa and nothing at all to do with Roberts?
No it hasn’t!

Sa was one of the best keepers in the Premier League last season. Started a bit iffy this season I admit, but he is playing with a broken wrist. Top professional in that respect.

This thread is about Tony Roberts, not Jose Sa!

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seems a good guy but I never, ever feel optimistic that we’ll score from our set pieces ……..mind you, I felt the same before Tony came.

Rednal Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hope he stays.
Thanks for posting Tony but hopefully you'll be gone....... New broom and all that.
New guy needs his own people. Some folk at Wolves are a bit too comfy.
Good luck

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he doesnt. I cant put my finger on it, i just dont like the way he comes across. Seems to be all about the bants and being best mates with the players
Likewise.

I'm almost certainly being very harsh but I just can't shake the feeling that I don't like him.

Proper clean slate imo

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He’s a big character, which can always be a bit divisive. I’d imagine he’s very much chalk or cheese to a lot of the players.

Nige100

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Hope he stays.
If he our set piece coach then he is failing massively and has to go. When do we even look dangerous from set pieces?

Beijing Wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
He should certainly be part of the transition to the new manager, perhaps leave at the end of the season. He seems to have a really good relationship with the players which is of massive importance.

I just hope we make him purely a GK coach and don’t let him near set pieces

colincameron

Reaction score
Don’t know how he’s survived the chop when everyone else has gone to be honest. Probably more to do with people pleasing then the actual jobs he’s been doing.

Reactions: Ian

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He seems to be a good goal keeping coach. I would say our defence of set pieces has improved immeasurably from Nuno’s last season which is down to him. We have seen occasional clever offensive set pieces but not often.

Jawwfc

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
No it hasn’t!

Sa was one of the best keepers in the Premier League last season. Started a bit iffy this season I admit, but he is playing with a broken wrist. Top professional in that respect.

This thread is about Tony Roberts, not Jose Sa!

Sa's saved us twice this season with penalty saves, he should absolutely be number 1, Sarkic doesn't look bad but I don't see the logic of people saying Sa needed to be dropped.

He's been an absolute bargain for us.

JaseWWFC

Reaction score
He's got attitude.If he did his job in pre match warmup and sat in the dugout for the match thats fine.But every corner,free kick he's out whistling at the players like its one man and his dog.Yesterday when the Ref was checking the screen he was acting up got his glasses out of his pocket just clowning around.Just something about him if you watch him on matchday.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Is this the thread to re-visit this broken wrist *******s? There has been some absolute **** posted on here in the last couple of weeks (nothing new, I'm sure I contribute more than my share) but I've never seen so much of it stated as fact.

Sa is playing with a broken hand, or maybe it's his wrist.
Lopetegui is a done deal.
Nuno is in a Coven tea shop (or some such).
It's definitely Beale.

Honestly at least admit it when it's just a hope, rumour or opinion!

Also Tony Roberts is OK I think, that's just my opinion though.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
You’d hope that Shi/Sellars would be asking the players their thoughts on the coaches. The fact that all of Bruno’s team have packed their bags but Roberts has stayed on maybe means the players respected/liked him a little more than the others. He’s been great with Sa, you can’t deny that.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
The players seem to like him so who cares whether he’s got a big ego or not
I’m sure whoever the new coach will make a decision

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
The players seem to like him so who cares whether he’s got a big ego or not
I’m sure whoever the new coach will make a decision
I think that's my attitude. Sa seems to get on with him, let's face it you're going to have to have a bit of a laugh if you're spending that much time with a small group of players. He's not the figure of authority that I think Nuno was and Bruno wasn't. Impossible to judge from the outside though really.

Rhyl Wolf

Reaction score
As a Taff, torn on this one. I do know he's a very valued member of the Welsh set-up, but maybe it's time to totally clear the decks and start afresh.

GavW

Groupie
Reaction score
Noticed when Sa was having a drink to delay the pen yesterday he looked over at Roberts who was mimicking a low dive to the left.

Would imagine all GK coaches do something similar but never seen it so obvious before.

Fair play Tony and Jose it worked.

Oh When the Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Defensively at set pieces we are fantatsic

Attacking we have been woeful. So refreshing on Saturday to see the change in approach. It’s simple . Huddle together on the edge and run at speed in different directions to attack the cross. I don’t know how it’s took him 18 months mind you

SilverstoneWolf

Reaction score
Do you mean someone COACHES our set pieces??? Oh come on - someone's having a laugh!!

When the opposition have a corner or free kick near box, we getting jittery. When WE have one, we just sit back full of zero anticipation or expectation. Have never seen us do anything creative to make space.... Just awful.

No idea what a goalkeeping coach does apart from feed balls for him to catch.... I could do that.

Oldgold Wolfcub

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He comes across like the "hilarious PE teacher" but he's been goalkeeping coach to one of the best keepers in the premier league. Up to the new coach what happens to him.

For those that dont know the series Brian Conley is the hilarious sadistic PE teacher. If you dont watch the whole thing go to about 16 minutes in and it might even bring back those memories.
Incidently in one of the episodes there was a brilliant piece with Noddy Holder and Alvin Stardust where they are taling about the old days when they were in a group but had now moved on to Noddy being a deputy head teacher and Stardust a bar manger..

Edit. Just found it.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom