Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Today's Support

G

German Wolf

Interested to hear what your pre-match songs/entertainment would be "GW" if you want to discard the 60/70's anthems to the dustbin......

Merry Christmas :)

I'm part of that generation though! Very happy to keep singing them but let's give our young people in their twenties and thirties their choice with the key tunes played at the kick offs and the end of the match. We are a very nice set of old farts always setting the agenda and its a bit like that dirge that was created for the generation from the 1950s.
I am completely out of date and it needs to be a next generation WV1 or Wolves Yooof thing, I certainly don't want some rap crap though. Something that creates a mosh pit like atmosphere on the South Bank. As you asked... sample something like Switchblade Smiles by Kasabian before the start or at the end?

I am sure someone could come up with sampling and suitable words to go with this:

https://uk.video.search.yahoo.com/s...0a03ac6cd0f864e4db888d8405dce1da&action=click

There's a slow intro but when it gets going:

'Switchblade smiles, they go on for miles and will be forever
Now we stand together, there's no denials
Much too soon for the wooden spoon, can you hear the knocking
Now your feet are stomping around the room (Oh! Oh!)
Can you feel it coming?
Can you feel it coming?
Can you feel it coming?
Can you feel it coming?

Move back his wrecking ball, reach through the package
More violence he's coming, he's coming, he's coming
Move back his wrecking ball, reach through the package
More violent he's coming, I'm running, I'm running'

Etc

KTF UTW at Christmas!

Last edited by a moderator:

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Get more standing areas at Molineux and we'll have a better atmosphere. Steve bull lower or north bank lower wouldn't be too hard to change.

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Was at the game, and got tickets in Steve Bull lower as could get back row, meaning i could stand. Ended up sitting next to a Norwich fan (lived locally), who was at a loose end and wanted to see how good wolves were and also to see Ipswich lose. We both agreed crowd seemed quiet and subdued at times, and the South Bank never got going as a whole stand. I tried all game to get the lower going banging on the advertising board behind, but just got some weird looks, and the people in the box above complaining. Got me thinking how the old air horns used to get people going, and did notice watching Cardiff the other night, their drummer kept getting the crowd going, used a bit like an intro which alerted the crowd and certainly more than 1 stand joined in. Pity we can't get the Punjab Wolves in the temporary stand, but ask them to stick more to football type drumming, with the odd bit of their own thrown in. Appreciate some people don't like drums, but it is better if they can pick the ground up when its flat. I see all our players working their nuts off at the minute, and i for one will follow their example, it felt like Saturday around me that someone had put them all on mute. Rather than criticise them though i will continue to gee them up, by the end of the game, we had a few more joining in. For you guys who always sing whatever i for one salute you.

R

reanswolf

In fairness, wasn’t he introduced by shouty man by saying ‘what’s it like seeing a good team ‘ :D
Ah well that might account for any attitude he possibly had.

Steve Daley really talked him up I thought .

Steve Daley himself is a star in my eyes.

R

reanswolf

Was at the game, and got tickets in Steve Bull lower as could get back row, meaning i could stand. Ended up sitting next to a Norwich fan (lived locally), who was at a loose end and wanted to see how good wolves were and also to see Ipswich lose. We both agreed crowd seemed quiet and subdued at times, and the South Bank never got going as a whole stand. I tried all game to get the lower going banging on the advertising board behind, but just got some weird looks, and the people in the box above complaining. Got me thinking how the old air horns used to get people going, and did notice watching Cardiff the other night, their drummer kept getting the crowd going, used a bit like an intro which alerted the crowd and certainly more than 1 stand joined in. Pity we can't get the Punjab Wolves in the temporary stand, but ask them to stick more to football type drumming, with the odd bit of their own thrown in. Appreciate some people don't like drums, but it is better if they can pick the ground up when its flat. I see all our players working their nuts off at the minute, and i for one will follow their example, it felt like Saturday around me that someone had put them all on mute. Rather than criticise them though i will continue to gee them up, by the end of the game, we had a few more joining in. For you guys who always sing whatever i for one salute you.

I genuinely think expectation has taken the passionate edge off the quality of the support, I know the support is passionate and I expect I sound sanctimonious, but this is what I was going on about and hoping fans wouldn’t get that way.

I’m not saying the fans aren’t supportive , 30000 is fantastic, but the passionate supportive edge has sadly gone.

In the last few games at Molineux anyway.

D

Deleted member 3518

I genuinely think expectation has taken the passionate edge off the quality of the support, I know the support is passionate and I expect I sound sanctimonious, but this is what I was going on about and hoping fans wouldn’t get that way.

I’m not saying the fans aren’t supportive , 30000 is fantastic, but the passionate supportive edge has sadly gone.

So how did you demonstrate your passionate support?

A3wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Also think the style of play is a factor being the slow build up probing type rather than risk taking end to end type.

WonderWolf

WoWoWoobsykins
Reaction score
Also think the style of play is a factor being the slow build up probing type rather than risk taking end to end type.

Reckon you have a point.

The slow considered build-up is different to the full-on 90 mph stuff and the mood is impacted on.

This is a situation where the drum/dhol/clappers can perhaps take over the vocals and help create a rhythmic backing to the nature of the effort.

maws

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Because some people want to shout **** off West Brom while supposedly supporting Wolves? Personally, I can go with that but I prefer our pre- and post match anthems to focus on our team/club. And, can we please move on from the sixties and seventies, forty or fifty years ago - Status Quo? Dear me! Can you imagine Peter Knowles and the Doog running out to something from the 1920s?
Yeah let's delete all our history, let's re name it the Paul Ince stand instead off Billy Wright as he ain't played for us for 60 years!!

I went a gig the other night at the Covic and the liquidator got played, it was a great atmosphere, oh no it was ruined cause we swore!!! Give over, plus Albion are mentioned in a few songs gonna stop singing all them too? Do you even sing?

G

German Wolf

Yeah let's delete all our history, let's re name it the Paul Ince stand instead off Billy Wright as he ain't played for us for 60 years!!

I went a gig the other night at the Covic and the liquidator got played, it was a great atmosphere, oh no it was ruined cause we swore!!! Give over, plus Albion are mentioned in a few songs gonna stop singing all them too? Do you even sing?

Suggest you re-read before you get stressed out. Don't you understand, 'Personally, I can go with that!' All I said was let's give the younger fans the choice to come up with something modern instead of us hanging on to the past. As I said, can you imagine the 1960s generation ie many of us, accepting music from 50 years before that time, ie the 1920s/30s? LOL

Last edited by a moderator:

wolvesaywe

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Suggest you re-read before you get stressed out. Don't you understand, 'Personally, I can go with that!' All I said was let's give the younger fans the choice to come up with something modern instead of us hanging on to the past. As I said, can you imagine the 1960s generation ie many of us, accepting music from 50 years before that time, ie the 1920s/30s? LOL
I agree to some degree. I never understand why we still sing songs about Bully. It's the equivalent of when I started going in the 80s and the South Bank singing about Peter Broadbent.

Dragonwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Reckon you have a point.

The slow considered build-up is different to the full-on 90 mph stuff and the mood is impacted on.

This is a situation where the drum/dhol/clappers can perhaps take over the vocals and help create a rhythmic backing to the nature of the effort.
What about a 'Jaws' type chant

Oakhamwolf

Groupie
Reaction score
Would be good if we actually sing songs, rather than chant them at them at great speed. The Scottish fans seem to do this really well, and the slow start enables others to join in. I love to see crowds bouncing, at Sheffield Wed all ages join in, think Derby do the same. Pre match is getting better from the club, but still not right choices of build up music, and not being the gringe, Carol singing didn't really work for me.

Back
Top Bottom