Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The Jota Money

Berlin Wolf

Supporters Clubs Empresario
Reaction score
None of this money going towards strengthening the squad, according to Liam Keen.
If none of the money is going towards strengthening the squad.. then what is it going towards?
I guess, not towards redevelopment, so maybe for players and staff wages and the running of the club for a couple of seasons?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope not. If its anything like the Glazers at Man U then we would just drown in debt.

My hope is Robert Plant and Noddy Holder buy the club on behalf of the fans, we all chip in a grand, and we win the league.
We already are in debt to Fosun.. Who also keep borrowing against future incoming money. Dangerous

steve vena

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope not. If its anything like the Glazers at Man U then we would just drown in debt.

My hope is Robert Plant and Noddy Holder buy the club on behalf of the fans, we all chip in a grand, and we win the league.
Planty wouldn't buy it, I believe he's quite a frugal bloke.

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sitting around mid table in the premier league isn’t exactly entertaining either

Since it was created, it felt like we could only *dream* of being comfortable mid-table in the Premier League. Even when we finally got in it, we were hopelessly outclassed. Even under Mick, where "hanging on grimly" worse than the other day, was as good as it got. We were dour under Mick, only 25 goals in the entire season. And after nearly 3 decades, here we are where I never thought we would be. The novelty will never wear off!

Though for me, I still look forward to and get excited before every match, and would 100 times rather be 8th Premier League looking forward to Arsenal in a couple of weeks, than playing Gillingham hoping to win to get in the Play offs. Maybe you don't really like football all that much?

Brockmoorwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
So if were not sold and they spend some money pushing for top 4. The money spent increases the value of the squad and ultimately the club as a whole. As a constant top 6 side our value would increase again.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Since it was created, it felt like we could only *dream* of being comfortable mid-table in the Premier League. Even when we finally got in it, we were hopelessly outclassed. Even under Mick, where "hanging on grimly" worse than the other day, was as good as it got. We were dour under Mick, only 25 goals in the entire season. And after nearly 3 decades, here we are where I never thought we would be. The novelty will never wear off!

Though for me, I still look forward to and get excited before every match, and would 100 times rather be 8th Premier League looking forward to Arsenal in a couple of weeks, than playing Gillingham hoping to win to get in the Play offs. Maybe you don't really like football all that much?
On your last sentence does your love/like of football relate to where you are in the league then? Does me also going to watch Halesowen and Stourbridge mean I hate football as they are not in the prem. It’s the direction from the top that’s the issue not Bruno or the players. If Jeff/FOSUN showed the ambition and drive that they did when they took us over it would be fantastic, everyone could see the aim/direction but lately it just seems like they are going through the motions.

Last edited by a moderator:

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Absolutely so. Stable top half of the richest league in the world, and people are moaning and suggesting we’d be better back in the Champ? How many years were we stuck in that ****ing league trying and failing to get up?

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of this. Can anybody with a financial background or economic expert explain this to me in simple terms?

Basically, is this an early warning sign there is no money/ bad finances… or is it a shrewd move?

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
On your last sentence does your love/like of football relate to where you are in the league then? Does me also going to watch Halesowen and Stourbridge mean I hate football as they are not in the prem. It’s the direction from the top that’s the issue not Bruno or the players. If Jeff/FOSUN showed the ambition and drive that they did when they took us over it would be fantastic, everyone could see the aim but lately it’s just seemingly going through the motions.

No, actually I've watched loads of non-league football, too. And I would rather us be playing Arsenal next, than Swindon. Doesn't mean my love of the club has declined just because we were in League 1. Though surely what you say is the point, if you go watch Halesowen, then watching us shouldn't be too much of a chore. There are thrillers at all levels - and 0-0 stinkers, too. Just because given a free choice of the two, I would rather watch a Champions League match than a Sunday League match does not mean I "hate" non league football. That's a rather extreme polarised spin you put on it there!

Maybe gets into the definition of what "entertainment" is. I can watch one top team battering a lower team for 90 minutes, with the poorer team hanging on grimly and find it entertaining. The key point for me is that entertainment is not just about goals!

Totally agree on Fosun apparently going through the motions for a year or two now.

D

Deleted member yltz11841

No, actually I've watched loads of non-league football, too. And I would rather us be playing Arsenal next, than Swindon. Doesn't mean my love of the club has declined just because we were in League 1. Though surely what you say is the point, if you go watch Halesowen, then watching us shouldn't be too much of a chore. There are thrillers at all levels - and 0-0 stinkers, too. Just because given a free choice of the two, I would rather watch a Champions League match than a Sunday League match does not mean I "hate" non league football. That's a rather extreme polarised spin you put on it there!

Maybe gets into the definition of what "entertainment" is. I can watch one top team battering a lower team for 90 minutes, with the poorer team hanging on grimly and find it entertaining. The key point for me is that entertainment is not just about goals!
I agree.
The issue I have is Jeff and FOSUN’s current aims/ambitions seem to be just plod along with no current plans to progress. Fair enough that’s better than I thought we would be before they arrived but if the ambition to progress has gone then we will get relegated at some point, if that’s 1 year, 5 years or 10 years down the line lack of direction will cause it eventually. It seems now that unless Mendes is directly involved and it’s left to Jeff we will not get the player targeted.

Last edited by a moderator:

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If none of the money is going towards strengthening the squad.. then what is it going towards?
I guess, not towards redevelopment, so maybe for players and staff wages and the running of the club for a couple of seasons?
I would guess its an insurance for running costs, against another lockdown, meaning no crowds and reduced TV money

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure what to make of this. Can anybody with a financial background or economic expert explain this to me in simple terms?

Basically, is this an early warning sign there is no money/ bad finances… or is it a shrewd move?
Cashflow.

TV money comes in big lumps 3 times a year I think, outgoings happen on a regular basis.

Short term loans allow you to bridge the gap between TV payments.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I share a mixture of a lot of the sentiments raised by many posters here:

1) immensely happy we’re sat where we are in the league and the enjoyment Fosun have bought us over the years (Torino, Braga trips - wow)

2) delighted to watch the likes of Raul, Moutinho, and Neves each week - no matter the tactics (and even that seasoned international Dendoncker is considered a squad player)

3) a bit worried that Fosun’s interest in investing in Wolves appears to be waning (several poor transfer windows in a row, Molineux looking tired)

4) very concerned that even just 2-3 years of plodding is often a one-way ticket to relegation

5) our scouts’ ability to unearth quality like Jota, Neves and Neto as we now appear to be seeing diminishing returns on our strategy (Jota with Silva, and Doherty with Semedo - I’ll concede that Sa with Rui Patricio looks a solid swap)

So little things like this often do set off alarm bells.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

Are we charging Liverpool interest just like the bank (Macquarie Group) will be charging us? I doubt it.

Bank interest on £23million???? Interest rates have just gone up as well !

Why not ask our owners for the loan? Surely that would have been interest free,

Transactions of this nature do make me wonder about Fosuns commitment.
They already have loaned us loads of money, and why would we be charging Liverpool interest we didn't loan them any money. They paid more than our asking price over time, so essentially yes

freezin

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The past two years.

We have to sell to buy, as has been proven. That puts incredible pressure on you to get everything right. We effectively swapped Jota for Silva - and we go backwards.

Neves or Traore will fund the next incomings and if they're similar downgrades then we'll slip a bit further again. Then it will be Neto.

When you combine that with other teams continuously spending and potentially the emergence of Newcastle as a serious club if they survive this season, you've quickly found yourself in a position where you can't realistically make the top ten. Then it's get to 40 asap.

Eventually, it will catch up with us and we'll go down. Whether that's 2, 5 or 10 years. The more Silva for Jota type deals we do will obviously speed up the process.

This isn't a major criticism either, it's sad that the Premier League is like this, but it is. Having owners who don't want to spend, which recent years and comments show we have, means this happens.
Superb post.

IANWILSON

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Probably to offset the costs when we start playing behind closed doors again. Surely that's at the back of their minds.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

If we all put a grand in we’ll have enough to pay Neves wages for a month, not plan an assault on winning the league

Scallywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No, but it will have been along the lines of Liverpool can pay £40m in one go, or £45m over 4 years - so effectively the same result.
That does make a bit more sense.

Do we actually know we agreed that with Liverpool though?

Back
Top Bottom