Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

The happy days are here again, hopefully no more repeated arguments, transfer thread

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
i hope its not outgoings and its more focus on preseason, lets see. other clubs are quiet while they are on preseason tours to
Yes maybe......all I'm saying is we get an offer of say 20m for adama tomorrow, then it may change things....we could then sign a player who could play wide and upfront.....that's just an example..... nobody leaves then it maybe loans.......... obviously Bruno priority was a centreback that why we have got him...we can all argue whether it's right or wrong....but maybe Bruno thought the problems at the back were priority as it was personel issue.....maybe he thinks some of the problems up top are tactical........so centre back was priority.......loans take time to get in and probably most of them will be done nearer the end of the window....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think it pretty obvious why things have stalled a bit.....we haven't sold anyone......even Bruno said the first outgoing would start the ball rolling......30m ish net spend maybe the max.......we need to generate a few funds I would suggest....apart from Vinagre out we haven't got any in.......hwang n Collins in........we've probably lowered the wage bill a bit which may allow a couple of loans.....but even then we may need to remove the likes of cutrone off it......

If that is the case then it is a very poor decision to loan out Silva when we only have Raul as a no9 and no one else.

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What we thinking Jeff Shi has taken some time off while Sellars watches the players/coaches train in Spain?...

In all seriousness all gone a bit quiet again hasn't it really thought we would have a striker in by now to replace Silva at least!
My opinion. All deals done sitting back enjoying the holiday ready to receive all the applause when announced
Mind you always the optimist can’t sleep otherwise

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If that is the case then it is a very poor decision to loan out Silva when we only have Raul as a no9 and no one else.
Not if Hwang has been signed as a striker as it's obvious to a blind man and his dog he's **** played wide.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes maybe......all I'm saying is we get an offer of say 20m for adama tomorrow, then it may change things....we could then sign a player who could play wide and upfront.....that's just an example..... nobody leaves then it maybe loans.......... obviously Bruno priority was a centreback that why we have got him...we can all argue whether it's right or wrong....but maybe Bruno thought the problems at the back were priority as it was personel issue.....maybe he thinks some of the problems up top are tactical........so centre back was priority.......loans take time to get in and probably most of them will be done nearer the end of the window....

Bruno's priority was central midfield, attack and right sided centre back a few months ago. He specifically stated he wanted a taller striker and that was when we had Silva and he then wanted Silva as an option. Whatever we think he has so far been sold short again this summer. Lets hope he is backed in the next few weeks as nightmare scenario now would be Raul was unavailable and we have to play without a proper no9.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea whether Bruno wanted him, sense what Bruno wants is pretty low on the priorities of Jeff and the recruitment team.
Bruno rates hwang you only have to listen to him....he loves him.......the budget isn't there for what Bruno wants in an ideal world......we wasn't gonna have a massive net spend of 70/80m was we.....Bruno and the recruitment team or Jorge probably had big plans but it hasn't materialised cause we ain't brought in big money.....that's why,....still think we may bring someone in but it will be restricted if we don't get a penny coming in....

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not if Hwang has been signed as a striker as it's obvious to a blind man and his dog he's **** played wide.

Hwang alongside someone as a striker fine, Rhos. Hwang uptop on his own the stuff of nightmares in my opinion. Bruno has regularly called for a new striker with more height and that was when Fabio was still here and he wanted to use Fabio more but could only bring on 3 subs last season and now we can bring on 5. Will be a bit laughable at Leeds if we dont have one striker on the bench when you have 9 subs and can bring on 5.

Rhoswolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hwang alongside someone as a striker fine, Rhos. Hwang uptop on his own the stuff of nightmares in my opinion. Bruno has regularly called for a new striker with more height and that was when Fabio was still here and he wanted to use Fabio more but could only bring on 3 subs last season and now we can bring on 5. Will be a bit laughable at Leeds if we dont have one striker on the bench when you have 9 subs and can bring on 5.
Don't disagree, but the best part of £70m sitting on our books in Fabio, Hwang, Cutrone and Bonatini, none of whom are anywhere near starters for me, so just don't see it.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Silva development was the key to that descision.....sat on our bench for another year and goal less his value had totally gone....I'm not disagreeing that we don't need someone, just you generally paint everything as black n white....I guarantee you after last season, Silva would off asked for a loan...if the window shuts and we haven't got anyone , I agree with you....but it hasn't ...we don't need any old body for the bench at Leeds....we need somebody who is gonna help us for the season....

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season kicks off 2 weeks tomorrow, 1 signing, 7 out. We needed a build even before those outgoings took place. Nowhere near good enough from the club at all. Unless they really pull rabbits out of hats before the window shuts which I really can't see i.e. a proven midfielder and a proven striker as a bare minimum, then this will be the eighth failed window in a row.

Sidaway

Reaction score
Latest they are saying is that it's become almost impossible to get any information at all the last few days... but still believe we are chasing a CM and CF as well as youths. Deals may be done and not announced... though that part makes no sense to me.
If this is actually true, I hope it’s because they’re trying to pull off a madness and not wanting anyone to know anything about it.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cause im January they might have been banking on funds coming in for neves, adama and co...
I doubt that they relied on selling in order to buy. What if nobody wants Neves, Adama etc? We still have to move forward.

Last summer we know they needed/wanted new players but didn’t get them. Ok, it happens but surely that money is still available.
And Bruno and Jeff have said that money would be available for the right player(s).

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I doubt that they relied on selling in order to buy. What if nobody wants Neves, Adama etc? We still have to move forward.

Last summer we know they needed/wanted new players but didn’t get them. Ok, it happens but surely that money is still available.
And Bruno and Jeff have said that money would be available for the right player(s).
Don't mean no money.....we are on Net spend of about 30m...we still might have a bit to spend, l mean it's just increases your budget for better players if you have some coming in.....for all man city's money they still bring funds in ..

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Season kicks off 2 weeks tomorrow, 1 signing, 7 out. We needed a build even before those outgoings took place. Nowhere near good enough from the club at all. Unless they really pull rabbits out of hats before the window shuts which I really can't see i.e. a proven midfielder and a proven striker as a bare minimum, then this will be the eighth failed window in a row.
MGW is like a new signing. So that’s midfield sorted. Collins at the back. That’s Saiss replacement sorted. Traore and Neves staying. No need to find replacements. Neto back to full fitness? An additional threat on goal other than Raul. It’s all coming together nicely!:rolleyes:

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
MGW is like a new signing. So that’s midfield sorted. Collins at the back. That’s Saiss replacement sorted. Traore and Neves staying. No need to find replacements. Neto back to full fitness? An additional threat on goal other than Raul. It’s all coming together nicely!:rolleyes:
Not sure if that was tongue in cheek... but I actually agree. I have been very scathing about our recruitment, and I never believed the ffp excuses given. We have bought some duffers lately, and it certainly feels like Fosun want out.
BUT, Collins took me by surprise, and maybe through luck more than judgement we have managed to hold on to Neves, Mouts and MGW who looks the real deal.
I doubt we will sign anyone else, and I don't believe some of the made up rumours on here, but we could well land a couple of young loanees to bolster the squad before the window closes.
All in all, not depressed, more optimistic than I thought I would be. Looking forward to the Besiktas game and some more goals.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
To be fair my point is a striker should have been signed before or immediately after Fabio. To leave us with only one recognised no9 in the squad just over two weeks before the season starts is very poor in my opinion. If Raul picks up a knock its Hwang or a winger upfront. Not good enough for an established Premier League side in my opinion. Respect you have your opinion but mine is we are far too slow off the mark with transfers and it cost us after this January's window and last summers window and could well cost us again this window if we arent careful.

Maybe we will sign someone in the next 7 days and fair play if we do but I'm not holding my breath after recent transfer windows and how they have panned out.

Yes but you don't know that someone hasn't been signed (or will sign) and you're panicking yourself over it. I don't think anyone disagrees with you, especially after last time we did that, but you can't make judgements until the transfer window closes.

Signings are rarely done last minute and are usually months in the making. They're not going to just be sat around twiddling their thumbs.

I, like others, have contacts in the football world. It just doesn't work how many here seem to think. It's really, really messy, corrupt, and transfers fall over very regularly even after everything is agreed. Until the player has signed, passed the medical, and is at the training ground - the transfer isn't done.

As others have said, often they take time being announced, or they fall apart unexpectedly. And that's the norm! You can't just have easy backups either. It's a daft world but that is how football works and that's the game we're playing. At the very top it's dominated by agents and all sorts of dodgy mess. Lower down the leagues it's simpler, but no less corrupt (possibly more so, but smaller scale).

By all means get angry at the appropriate time but stressing yourself out at the mo isn't healthy. Sit back, watch what happens. Nothing you say or do will make a difference. Undoubtedly wolves are trying to sign players but we don't know who and we don't know if they'll succeed. Going into a season without a new goalscorer would be poor tho we do have MGW and Huang can play a role so it's not utter lunacy in the worst case (not that any of us would be happy to say the least).

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not sure if that was tongue in cheek... but I actually agree. I have been very scathing about our recruitment, and I never believed the ffp excuses given. We have bought some duffers lately, and it certainly feels like Fosun want out.
BUT, Collins took me by surprise, and maybe through luck more than judgement we have managed to hold on to Neves, Mouts and MGW who looks the real deal.
I doubt we will sign anyone else, and I don't believe some of the made up rumours on here, but we could well land a couple of young loanees to bolster the squad before the window closes.
All in all, not depressed, more optimistic than I thought I would be. Looking forward to the Besiktas game and some more goals.

We're one CM injury away from being in an absolute crisis within the most important position on the pitch. Simply unacceptable if we go another window without signing one.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Being objective, that’s not a bad way to start the season.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronan is back and is now in Bruno’s plans and is slowly getting used to a Prem setup. Quick feet, good engine, used to the very physical SPL and has a deadly shot and dead ball delivery. Who knows - he might be like a new signing as well as MGW. I also fancy Campbell might make the grade!

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're one CM injury away from being in an absolute crisis within the most important position on the pitch. Simply unacceptable if we go another window without signing one.
What club isn’t other than City and Liverpool. Liverpool go to pieces if Henderson or VVD are out.
My point is, anyone who is good enough to be in our first 11, isn’t going to be chuffed sitting on the bench. So we are in reality, going to have to rely on youth or a loan…or Donk.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves would be pretty hard to replace that's true, but otherwise I reckon Hodge or Cundle could step up in CM. Talented youngsters both.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ronan is back and is now in Bruno’s plans and is slowly getting used to a Prem setup. Quick feet, good engine, used to the very physical SPL and has a deadly shot and dead ball delivery. Who knows - he might be like a new signing as well as MGW. I also fancy Campbell might make the grade!
Be great if you’re right! Fingers crossed.

manchesterwolf17

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Neves would be pretty hard to replace that's true, but otherwise I reckon Hodge or Cundle could step up in CM. Talented youngsters both.

That's some call mate I have to say. Just one new CM will settle my concerns to be honest. Preferably with a striker as well, but if we're going to be more expansive the attacking talent we have is good enough to deliver.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's some call mate I have to say. Just one new CM will settle my concerns to be honest. Preferably with a striker as well, but if we're going to be more expansive the attacking talent we have is good enough to deliver.
True, I am having an unusually optimistic day, it won't last. I would be a lot more confident if we got Nico Gonzalez or Ramos on a loan to buy deal.

sillytuna

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Must admit, relying on mouts again seems mad. No idea if youth can step up but doncks is not the answer.

S G Wolves

Bad lover
Reaction score
Hodge will be an excellent player. But don't think quite ready yet...

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

That's how I'm looking at it now.It's a lot easier on the owd heart beat.

Wolves4Life85

Groupie
Reaction score
None of these youth players are ready yet and I don't see Ronan as a wolves player. Needs a better loan than St. Mirren to really be considered. We are in serious trouble this season if we don't get in a quality midfielder and a squad midfielder just as an option off the bench. These youth players are going to cut it.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Talented- Yes! But still a massive downgrade on Moutinho and we would suffer for it.

It's not that they would massively fail. Cundle didn't let anyone down when he played but it was obvious he wasn't yet a PL player. Touched the ball half as much as his midfield partner and all passes were with a safety first approach
We simply can't afford to carry passengers. And frankly it's unreasonable to expect anything else from Cundle and Hodge at this stage. They both need to play regularly at Championship level or below before being anywhere near a place in a PL team

WolfInSheep'sClothing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He's just so so good though (Mouts). As long as his legs don't go, he could play for. 3/4 more years.
He really isn't any more. I don't understand how he gets away with it. The majority of midfielders in the league are better than him now. I don't understand how people can't see this. We don't dominate most games. He hardly creates anything, and his defensive stats are bang average these days.
We so so so badly need an upgrade it's painful.

DanishWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
None of these youth players are ready yet and I don't see Ronan as a wolves player. Needs a better loan than St. Mirren to really be considered. We are in serious trouble this season if we don't get in a quality midfielder and a squad midfielder just as an option off the bench. These youth players are going to cut it.

Agree. Yesterday's match was a mess for things not related to football. But it was also plain clear how massive the gap in difference is between our established players and most of the U23's, or players like Ronan who will be a good player at Championship or SPL level, but clearly not at PL level.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No one seems to be discussing what I think was our biggest problem last season, ( deliberately not including Nuno’s last season).……lack of goals but especially our lack of chances.
Great we seem to be keeping Neves, MGW, etc and we now have Collins but apart from Podence, who’s going to provide the creative spark we used to have?

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yes but you don't know that someone hasn't been signed (or will sign) and you're panicking yourself over it. I don't think anyone disagrees with you, especially after last time we did that, but you can't make judgements until the transfer window closes.

Signings are rarely done last minute and are usually months in the making. They're not going to just be sat around twiddling their thumbs.

I, like others, have contacts in the football world. It just doesn't work how many here seem to think. It's really, really messy, corrupt, and transfers fall over very regularly even after everything is agreed. Until the player has signed, passed the medical, and is at the training ground - the transfer isn't done.

As others have said, often they take time being announced, or they fall apart unexpectedly. And that's the norm! You can't just have easy backups either. It's a daft world but that is how football works and that's the game we're playing. At the very top it's dominated by agents and all sorts of dodgy mess. Lower down the leagues it's simpler, but no less corrupt (possibly more so, but smaller scale).

By all means get angry at the appropriate time but stressing yourself out at the mo isn't healthy. Sit back, watch what happens. Nothing you say or do will make a difference. Undoubtedly wolves are trying to sign players but we don't know who and we don't know if they'll succeed. Going into a season without a new goalscorer would be poor tho we do have MGW and Huang can play a role so it's not utter lunacy in the worst case (not that any of us would be happy to say the least).
A good post. I have heard we have missed out on some targets without being able to establish who.

Back
Top Bottom