Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Spurs

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me Hwang has looked better than Podence or MGW so far this season.
Hwang
Guedes
Neto Gibbs-white
Nunes Neves
Ait-Nouri Kilman Collins Jonny
Sa
MGW had a pretty decent game on Saturday as did Hwang. Podence though wasn’t even at the races. So I think I’d go with your picks but Donk in midfield instead of Nunes, who’ll be sub.

Reaction score
Spurs are a good side and given they play with wing backs I suspect Lage will be wary of leaving the full backs too exposed. I assume he will stay with a back 4 so I think Semedo will replace Jonny with the other three unchanged, then 3 in the middle with Nunes in front of Neves & Mouts / Donk and 3 up front with Guedes and Neto either side of probably Hwang given Raul's continued absence.

Hugh Jarse

Reaction score
Sod it, I've changed my mind. Let's go for pace and positivity

Sa

Semedo
Kilman
Collins
Ran

Neves
MGW
Nunes

Guedes
Hwang
Neto

nomadwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
As prob no MGW, then....

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman RAN
Neves Dendonker
Traore Nunes Neto
Guedes

...the back 7 just get in their deckchairs and watch

...and/or the 5 of 9 to come on, or start...

Moutinho, Podence, Hwang, Jonny, Boly

Last edited:

92WWFC

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now MGW is gone I have to say my original prediction ......... stays the same. I always fancied 433 against tougher teams if not more often and MGW isn't one our starting best quality on the wing (Neto, Guedes) or the more progressive CM which is clearly Nunes.

Sa
Neves Donk Nunes
Neto Hwang Guedes

Still think Hwang fits on the CF role better so might play.

Edited to add: Though I'm having 2nd thoughts as to whether Semedo is fit enough to start. Think he might have a longer cameo and start in the cup maybe.

Last edited:

Cousins78

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Jonny Kilman Collins RAN
Donk Neves Nunes
Neto Guedes Podence

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me it has to be:

Sa

Jonny Collins Kilman RAN

Nunes Neves Donk

Guedes Hwang Neto

I can’t see how Podence deserves to start after the last few games and feel that Hwang might provide some kind of focal point. I also assume Semedo won’t be rushed back or he would be going in at RB for me and Jonny to LB.

Spurs are one of those sides that you have to look to play against. They are too physical and fit to just sit back and expect to defend against all game; eventually they WILL score somehow. They’ve also got some defensive injuries I believe so there should be goals in it for us if we are brave enough to play our game.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Now MGW is gone I have to say my original prediction ......... stays the same. I always fancied 433 against tougher teams if not more often and MGW isn't one our starting best quality on the wing (Neto, Guedes) or the more progressive CM which is clearly Nunes.

Sa
Neves Donk Nunes
Neto Hwang Guedes

Still think Hwang fits on the CF role better so might play.

Edited to add: Though I'm having 2nd thoughts as to whether Semedo is fit enough to start. Think he might have a longer cameo and start in the cup maybe.
I’m the same with Semedo. His hamstring fully went and needed an op(?) so I assume he will be building up his game time over the next few weeks whilst training hard behind the scenes.

SanFranWolf

Transfer summary thread supremo
Reaction score
I’d play this first half

Sa

Nunes Neves Donk

Guedes Hwang Neto

——Then this second half——

Sa

Nunes Neves

Traore Guedes Neto

Raul

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If Raul is available, Bruno goes 4-3-3. I think it's the formation he wants to play, it's the one we started our games with in pre-season before switching to 4-2-3-1, so if he has the players available, he does it.

Sa

Semedo - Collins - Kilman - Jonny
Neves - Donck
Nunes
Guedes - Raul - Neto

Golden Oldie

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If Raul is available, Bruno goes 4-3-3. I think it's the formation he wants to play, it's the one we started our games with in pre-season before switching to 4-2-3-1, so if he has the players available, he does it.

Sa

Semedo - Collins - Kilman - Jonny
Neves - Donck
Nunes
Guedes - Raul - Neto

That would be some side to see as they trotted out onto the pitch.

JonahWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That would be some side to see as they trotted out onto the pitch.
That’s quite the side on paper.
Obviously it’s going to take a while to settle and natural partnerships to form, but that properly looks like a top 6 contending side, rather than when we were punching to finish 7th.

Tojo the grass

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There are some really nice starting elevens being suggested, we need to remember that there are a good number of players who have not had a preseason or been fully integrated into the squad yet but we might as well go for it I reckon. Exciting times ahead watching this team start to gel.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Would be great if we win this but I'm not too optimistic this week. Next 3 weeks or so....yes, we'll have a settled side by then hopefully. Still wating for a new striker though even if Jimmy is fit.

JadeWolf

Official Noddy pre match thread starter.
Reaction score
Raul and Joao back, which is great. Will be interesting if Nunes/Guedes start.

Back
Top Bottom