Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Team vs Brighton

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please not a false no.9!

Unclear if Nunes is fit - I’m assuming not.

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Beuno
Neves Traore
Traore Podence Guedes
Hwang

Subs - Sarkic RAN, Jonny, Mosquera, Moutinho, Campbell, Hodge, Toti, Fraser

Expecting Moutinho and Traore in an 4-3-3 and one of Hwang or Guedes up top - probably Hwang.

Royal wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Please not a false no.9!

Unclear if Nunes is fit - I’m assuming not.

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Beuno
Neves Traore
Traore Podence Guedes
Hwang

Subs - Sarkic RAN, Jonny, Mosquera, Moutinho, Campbell, Hodge, Toti, Fraser

Expecting Moutinho and Traore in an 4-3-3 and one of Hwang or Guedes up top - probably Hwang.
With Hwang starting it’s a false 11

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
3-5-2for me

Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Toti Bueno
Neves B Traore Hodge
Adama Campbell

Or possibly 3-4-3 with Fraser or Roberts up front instead of Hodge in midfield.

Reaction score
Sa
Semedo..Collins..Kilman...Bueno
........................Neves
........Adama...B Traore.....Podence..
................Guedes...
..............................Hwang

Glow69

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo
Collins
Kilman
Bueno

Neves
Traore
Moutinho

Adama
Podence

Guedes

djmikeydickens

Reaction score
--------------------Sa------------------
-Semedo---Collins-----Kilman---Bueno-
-----------Traore------Neves-----------
-Traore--------Moutinho-------Podence-
----------------Guedes-----------------
Winner. I thought Moutinho looked better playing a bit further forward on Saturday rather than deeper.

Metal Wolf89

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Bueno
Kilman
Collins
Semedo

B.Traore
Neves
Nunes

Guedes
Podence
A.Traore

Front three switching positions between themselves for a free roam fluid attack, but also counter.

B.Traore sitting in front of defence offering cover, so Neves can assist defensively, but pitch in with supporting the attack with Nunes.

geowolf

Reaction score
................................Sa
Semedo....Kilman...Collins.....Bueno
.....TraoreB........Neves........Moutinho
............................Hodge..........................
................TraoreA............Hwang..........

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll need to be really compact as these will pop the ball around and find spaces behind us everywhere. Not going to be pretty.

Sa

Semedo
Collins
Kilman
Bueno

Neves
Nunes
Boubacar

Adama
Hwang
Guedes

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno
Traore Neves Moutinho
Adama Hwang Podence

Just go for it. We need the points. Nunes & Guedes can have their point to prove from the bench performances thus far are matched by the great Eggert and Frankowski

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Semedo-Collins-Kilman-Toti-Bueno
Neves-Traore
Adama-Hwang-Podence

There is no way on Gods green earth that Guedes get´s a starting place for me.Pub league performances is the very last we are in need of now,and Guedes has provided them thick and fast this season.
Arrgh..I fail to detect any positive signs at all from him.
What is he good at?
I cannot detect a single thing going by his performances..he cannot pass,he cannot shoot,he is more blunt finishing than Costa,he has an attitude problem,he doesn´t fight,he isn´t fast..what is the point with Guedes?
A player who only have weaknesses in his game?
IF he is good at anything then he has certainly not showed it,and quite frankly this far in of the season that is crazy.
So..no way Guedes starts for me.He can run around a little late second half if needed..nothing more.The guy makes Blobby Taylor look like Maradona!
I will remain convinced that four at the back isn´t working for us.Defence got away with it against a poor Brentford team..but another exposure is just around the corner IMO..and Brighton might well be it.
Traore has surpassed Nunes for me.Boubacar brings fighting spirit to the team..what has Nunes contributed with?
It´s pretty much Hwang or nothing upfront it seems.Thanks Diego,thank you very much.
At least,if searching back in memory I do recall him scoring for us.Better than Costa that..I mean..it´s Hwang or Leo upfront at this point for me.

Brighton is clearly a better team than us.We might be in for hiding since Seagulls fly high after beating Chelsea.

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moutinho advanced works for me too
Moutinho starting matches simply doesn´t work anymore.
It´s not strange either.Time catches everyone in the end.
We start with Mouts yet another match..and we know beforehand he will not be able to cope.
As a sub though..given the extra time of play in the legs of the opposition he can still work for around 45 minutes.

Reactions: Ian

Flea

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Four players now that is off the chart as starting players for us.
Jonny,Moutinho,Guedes,Nunes.
We are going from worse to disaster.

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think the back 7 should be set in stone now and allowed to get to know each other. Sa, Semedo, Collins, Kilman, Bueno with Neves and Boubacar in midfield is good enough to keep it tight and get us motoring up the pitch and the League.

The issue is getting the blend right in the front 4 and a question of playing with a midfielder or forward as the 10?

I have not seen enough from Nunes or Moutinho to think they will thrive in that role so I would like to see Adama, Podence, Guedes and Hwang given a shot. Probably something like this but they should all be relatively interchangeable.

LINEUP111667220693968.png

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa

Semedo Collins Kilman Bueno

Traore Neves Nunes

Traore Hwang Guedes

T

TheConcourse

Sa
Collins Kilman Toti
Semedo Neves Nunes Bueno
Traore Podence
Guedes

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we have to put Guedes up top, and then work back in our problems and/or our potential gaps from there. Trings team with Ait Nouri, Podence, Guedes and Traore I'd worry about how many times we'd lose the ball with hopeful flick ons, and lack of help covering our midfield 2?

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa
Collins Kilman Toti
Semedo Neves Nunes Bueno
Traore Podence
Guedes
Don't want to see Toti in our defence again, just a waste of a shirt at the moment, would rather an extra body in CM. He looked so bad v Forest, he can head the ball away but would worry all players in front of him and alongside.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Don't want to see Toti in our defence again, just a waste of a shirt at the moment, would rather an extra body in CM. He looked so bad v Forest, he can head the ball away but would worry all players in front of him and alongside.
I think toti might go in January.... especially if we bring in Dawson....toti is ok but he isnt good enough for me to waste one of the 17 foreign places in our squad .....if we need to make room he could be sacrificed.....

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think toti might go in January.... especially if we bring in Dawson....toti is ok but he isnt good enough for me to waste one of the 17 foreign places in our squad .....if we need to make room he could be sacrificed.....
I suspect it’s more likely Mosquera will go out on loan.

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I wouldn't have him in my Sunday league teams. Rather play 2 at the back if the third is full of mistakes.

Back
Top Bottom