Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

SW Corner fans. Are you still going this season?

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
In light of the current debate over pricing I was interested to know how many of last seasons South West Corner fans are attending this season?

I attended roughly 75% of home games last season and chose to sit in the SW corner based purely on the affordability of watching the games for a good value price.

Cat A games £29.50. Cat B games £21.50 to watch premier league opposition.

This season for Champ football minimum price £25.50 for adult price with no consessions.

I would be interseted to learn how many of my fellow SW fans are attending this season?

Seems to be a serious anomaly here.

Now before season ticket holders pose the obvious question. Why did I not take up the early bird offer.

There are many fans like myself that cannot commit to a season ticket or block deal. The games I attended last season were based on when I could attend, and sitting in the SW corner represented good value although the odd soaking and poor facilities were a factor to contend with although the view is pretty good.

In my opinion the pricing for the casual fan this season is unrealistic and to be honest will ultimately drive the casual fan away from Molineux.

Before I invite the inevitable part timer comments, think what a Molineux will look like with a hard core of Season Ticket holders and swathes of empty seats.

There have been many varying opinions on this subject, 'Apathy'-' 'They could make it a Tenner and fans would still scoff at the price' etc.

One thing I know for certain cost is everything especially in a recession.

There is a cut off point to what is deemed affordable value and downright un affordable.

Are there any casual fans from last season that occupied the SW corner happy to pay the prices this season?

Last edited by a moderator:

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not many casual fans will turn up at the minute due to our league position. Get into the top 2/3 then they'll be back.

O

Oaky65

We would probably get more casual/fairweather fans if you could pay on the gate but you have to either get a ticket before or queue for 30 mins at the ticket office before the game which i think puts people off

WV10Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Not many casual fans will turn up at the minute due to our league position. Get into the top 2/3 then they'll be back.

Anybody looking at the league table at this point in the season is a fool. We've not even played enough games for a form table to be compiled

jackfieldwolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
We would probably get more casual/fairweather fans if you could pay on the gate but you have to either get a ticket before or queue for 30 mins at the ticket office before the game which i think puts people off

I agree, if the price was right, and a pay on the day turn style was possible, we could see a return of a number of lapsed fans

D

Deleted member 4099

I completely agree.

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Moxey is a rip off merchant, ridiculous prices for an average on the field Championship club.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Anybody looking at the league table at this point in the season is a fool. We've not even played enough games for a form table to be compiled

This is true. Maybe that's why they're called casual fans?

R

reanswolf

Casual fans may not be the lifeblood of the club, but they are the ones who to some considerable degree determine whether it expands and thrives, or contracts and struggles.

I hated the temp seats, you feel detached from the south bank which is the heart and sole of Molineux for me.

Burton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Casual fans may not be the lifeblood of the club, but they are the ones who to some considerable degree determine whether it expands and thrives, or contracts and struggles.

I hated the temp seats, you feel detached from the south bank which is the heart and sole of Molineux for me.

I agree with all of that too.

T

TREASURE WOLF

casual fans are no doubt derided by regular attenders but if they werent there the gates would be down to 20k, the club is losing casual fans and im sure former season ticket holders too with the pricing policy thats in place, whats on the pitch will go someway to determining season tickets and that wasnt helped by the performances last season, hangover on the pitch this season needs to be addressed and im sure stale is doing his utmost to rectify that asap but the club needs to realise the recession is hitting hard, all fans casual or not are being fleeced with booking fees and charges etc, its a downright blatant rip off and its no excuse to say "well other clubs do it" especially when our ticket prices are so high. im sure if the team eventually starts winning regularly then some casual fans will go, im afraid i will wait for local games to me if i can afford their ticket prices and im sure im not the only one

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ive been in the corner a few times, it's proper basic with portacabin bogs, crap bar and you get wet, but cos it was cheaper you could afford to go to more games over a season. Yes you felt sort of cut off from the south bank but the noise spreads over to the corner whereas it doesnt to the steve bull. I swear there were a few groups who just stood downstairs by the bar every game!

A

Antonusklesk

As has been said it's the casual fans that will eventually decide whether the fanbase grows or not.

Casual fans are needed to give a separate perspective on things, if you only get father>sonfather>son>father>son fan inheritance then you get exactly the same views on things consistently.

Fans need to be won, usually with success. Clubs can't simply rely on "fans-by-birthright" and the hardcore.

Bossworld

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The only time I was regularly in the SW corner was in the 03/04 season, I think I've only been in there once since. I used to hate it because you never felt that you were inside the ground if that makes sense, despite sitting so close to the South Bank.

EDIT: just seen reanswolf made the same comment.

As regards pricing/casual fans... since I moved away from Chesterfield in 2006, I haven't been to Wolves games regularly except for the 09/10 season where I went to a few home games and most of the NW/NE away days. At the moment, I can't justify £100 a trip (inc petrol, ticket, drinks etc.)

Despite being skint as a student it was easier a few years ago when it was £14 a (student) ticket, diesel was about £1 a litre etc.

I'll probably do the likes of Hull/Wednesday/Boro/Forest as away days but sadly my days of attending the Mol as and when are gone. Probably go to 5 Wolves and 5 Chesterfield games a season at the most. As a knock on effect my dad doesn't go very often on his own either so that's 2 of us down.

L

long ball man

One game pers season for 8 years as a kid; 10/12 games per season 1984-1988. STH 1988-2005; One game 2005-06; 8/10 games a season 2006-12. Not been this season.

My point is most of us will be 'casual' at some point in our Wolves' supporting life.

I don't think this division between STH and 'casual' helps. I think for a significant number of fans a STH isn't realistic anyway given how they mess with kick offs these days, before you factor in many more for whom £ may be an issue.

The club needs to look after all of its fans. Todays casual is tomorrow's STH and vice-versa

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
When I went to Mol it was in the SW corner, you do feel detached and just like your standing on scaffolding. However it is the only affordable ticket for me so it satisfies it's need. Prices need to drop rapidly in my honest opinion.

S

Sandwell Wolf

Can you even buy tickets in the temporary stand at the moment?

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They need to get the fans who didn't renew and the fans who did pay on a match by match basis back by doing deals.

2 for £30 or something like that.

Even if we are top of the league, we will struggle to pull in 25,000.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Can you even buy tickets in the temporary stand at the moment?

Sandwell, that's the premise of the first post ... the SW stand is closed, are those who sat there still going and paying more, on average, for the privilege?

Responses so far suggest only that they don't read MolMix.

Last edited by a moderator:
W

wolvesultra

exactly! why not make the SW corner pay on day only (i know the old independent supporters club used to campaign for a pay on the door only area for all games as far back as mid 90s) at a sensible price ie £20

but they wont because the club are as guilty as most companies in modern society in the way they want to know as much as possible about you (ie on supporter number)

Back
Top Bottom