Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer Transfer Window 2022.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LW1

Groupie
Reaction score
Fwiw, that's from the ask wolves interview, as part of what was one of the better interviews from Matt wild

Express and star have been disingenuous in not referencing that so as to create a 'story' and save them work - presumably because Liam Keen is on holiday at the moment and they CBA to write Wolves stories until he's back!

Shoddy from the E and S and nothing new/noteworthy.
The Kilman article, unless it was a pooled chat with journalists, should reference the spiers article in the Athletic. Cut and paste job.

D

Deleted member sbk12944

here's a thought, if you dont like this thread or ITK poster, or supposed ITK posters, just dont read it and especially dont post on it spoiling it for those who do enjoy it.
I understand what you are saying but I think some have an issue when some post stuff so vague claiming to be ITK that they make horoscopes seem quite accurate and on point. I just ignore it but I can understand why some can get annoyed as new signings are quite exciting.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I like the 'Rumours from the Pub' thread for ITK stuff and people who have heard snippets and can share without concerns... then we have this one for things in the media etc and more general discussion, and finally a player gets his own thread once it looks like it has legs and looks more concrete/is happening

That way it keeps the integrity of this thread and it's clear what thread you're on when enjoying/not enjoying people posting things they have heard... and that way if you're not enjoying you're not speaking for all those that like a little snippet (and should probably avoid the pub thread)

And those who enjoy a player centric thread know something's cooking if they see one being created and can skip this and the Pub thread as those people tend to be the ones that don't have time to 'trawl though' for concrete info

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Personally I like the 'Rumours from the Pub' thread for ITK stuff and people who have heard snippets and can share without concerns... then we have this one for things in the media etc and more general discussion, and finally a player gets his own thread once it looks like it has legs and looks more concrete/is happening

That way it keeps the integrity of this thread and it's clear what thread you're on when enjoying/not enjoying people posting things they have heard... and that way if you're not enjoying you're not speaking for all those that like a little snippet (and should probably avoid the pub thread)

And those who enjoy a player centric thread know something's cooking if they see one being created and can skip this and the Pub thread as those people tend to be the ones that don't have time to 'trawl though' for concrete info
"Keeps the integrity of this thread" Brilliant.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
does also make me laugh when people call out potential ITK posters but then believe everything they read in the modern media
It’s more noticeable that people seem to love to believe anything negative said about the club even if it’s from sources that are extremely dubious, but positive ITK posts are roundly rubbished by some, often the same people. Confirmation bias methinks and a desire to extend their own misery and woe to others.

I like the ITK posts, negative or positive and take both with a pinch of salt.

YouGottaRaulWithIt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s more noticeable that people seem to love to believe anything negative said about the club even if it’s from sources that are extremely dubious, but positive ITK posts are roundly rubbished by some, often the same people. Confirmation bias methinks and a desire to extend their own misery and woe to others.

It is very hard those days to tell a real ITK story from one made up by an attention seeking fantasist. So, I think it best to take a measured, level headed approach, and rubbish all of them.

WKFWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yeh love a rumour me. Doesn't cost me anything, don't see why people get so precious over it.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Yeh love a rumour me. Doesn't cost me anything, don't see why people get so precious over it.
I remember the first full Fosun pre-season and over a beer a Spuds supporting friend dismissing and taking the pee out of the rumours linking us to Neves, Jota and Boly.... How great it was when they all bloody signed!

1972 i began

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

In other words, the likes of Palhinha are asking for too much money. So don’t be disappointed when he doesn't sign.

In other words, the likes of Palhinha are asking for too much money. So don’t be disappointed when he doesn't sign.

Car see where Palhinha was mentioned in that report.More of the players who are out of contract most probably wanting more money for less years.And I totally agree with that report.They are on way too much money as it is.

NothingButNeto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, lots of bruised egos and hurt feelings in this thread. Not sure how many times I need to say it, but I am extremely grateful for the ITKs and the rumors people provide here, regardless of the quality of the source. I don’t expect what everyone says to come to fruition. My issue is with those who allude to some inside information, but don’t actually provide it, like Andy who said that we will announce a signing early in the window, it’s already done, you’ve already mentioned his name (in a thread with 100+ pages) but I’m not going to tell you who. Is that even a rumor? Or is it more likely someone looking to get a few minutes of Mol-Mix “fame” by getting peppered with “is it Palhinha?, is it Pedrinho? does he have a mustache? Is he bigger than a bread box?”

I love a good rumor and appreciate everyone who posts on this thread with whatever tidbits they’ve heard. But to act like you have inside information, allude to it, but then not really share it (in such a manner that it feels like you’re just making it up) defeats the purpose of the thread.

All of this could have been avoided if the rumor was “I heard from a mate that we will announce a signing once the window opens. He didn’t say who but we’re going to be disappointed.”

Mugwump

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wow, lots of bruised egos and hurt feelings in this thread. Not sure how many times I need to say it, but I am extremely grateful for the ITKs and the rumors people provide here, regardless of the quality of the source. I don’t expect what everyone says to come to fruition. My issue is with those who allude to some inside information, but don’t actually provide it, like Andy who said that we will announce a signing early in the window, it’s already done, you’ve already mentioned his name (in a thread with 100+ pages) but I’m not going to tell you who. Is that even a rumor? Or is it more likely someone looking to get a few minutes of Mol-Mix “fame” by getting peppered with “is it Palhinha?, is it Pedrinho? does he have a mustache? Is he bigger than a bread box?”

I love a good rumor and appreciate everyone who posts on this thread with whatever tidbits they’ve heard. But to act like you have inside information, allude to it, but then not really share it (in such a manner that it feels like you’re just making it up) defeats the purpose of the thread.

All of this could have been avoided if the rumor was “I heard from a mate that we will announce a signing once the window opens. He didn’t say who but we’re going to be disappointed.”

FJRWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
From what I've seen over the years, this thread is what it is....just rumours, cant believe anyone really takes much notice, obviously it's great fun.
As for the ITK posters, I'm sure they post stuff with the best of intentions but again I read it but don't get my hopes too high.
Even the reliable big hitters like Romano and Percy only publish definites a couple of hours before any official announcements.
Personally I'll only really start taking notice when the window is open....up till then it's all flim flam.

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I really wouldn’t worry about it, it’s just some fans and people you don’t know on the internet. If you can’t separate this from the everyday real world, then maybe you need to switch off and get out a bit more.

Now here’s my twopenneth….. I think things might accelerate after international action. When is Portugal’s last game?

Kashmire Hawker

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff City are planning moves for both Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey.

Bale is now a Free Agent and wants to be fully fit for Qatar, while Juve is desperate to find Ramsey a new club.

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Cardiff City are planning moves for both Gareth Bale and Aaron Ramsey.

Bale is now a Free Agent and wants to be fully fit for Qatar, while Juve is desperate to find Ramsey a new club.
Two aging injury-prone players, who still want relatively big money, going to a club in a league which is highly physical and where they are likely to get targeted and the games come thick and fast..... What could possibly go wrong?

Bacon Sandwich

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Portugal's last game of the summer is Switzerland [a] on Sunday. Hopefully things will start to happen next week.
(Unless Jeff is at the game and signs Seferovic, Palinha and Horta at HT...)

Direwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have to admit I get carried away with rumours and have occaisionally felt pretty embarassed when they have turned out to be pretty ridiculous. But as Capt. Sensible once remarked if you never have a dream, how are you going to have a dream come true.

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Two aging injury-prone players, who still want relatively big money, going to a club in a league which is highly physical and where they are likely to get targeted and the games come thick and fast..... What could possibly go wrong?
Bale is worth $145M .He needs a club so he can prepare for the World Cup so why doesn’t he agree to join Cardiff for notional wages ?Just plain greedy .

Mutchy

Administrator
Reaction score
here's a thought, if you dont like this thread or ITK poster, or supposed ITK posters, just dont read it and especially dont post on it spoiling it for those who do enjoy it.
As bod has already said...
Enough on itk nonsense now please, and back to transfer talk.

SquaddieWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just Can't see Bale going to a Championship team no matter how much it makes sense for him to do so, I just don't think his ego would allow it.

LINT70

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Those kids at the front are probably in their late 40's/early 50's now. Would love to know if there's any on here in this pic.

I wasn’t on that pic but I was on a pic in the E&S before going to present a petition down to the Bhakti Brothers offices in Mayfair in London before going to Reading for a night game - we stopped them winning a record 13 consecutive games or something like that and we celebrated like we’d won the league - how things have changed eh?

I’ll see if I can dig out the pic of the clipping and try and post it.

Albert Bates from the original supporters club is on that pic btw

Oh and I’m 52 now so you’d be right about the age of the kids

AndyWolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I didn't hear it from a mate.

There is a reason why names are not revealed, it's because it then becomes really obvious how the information gets out.

It's completely up to you (and everyone else) whether you believe some random on the internet or not. I honestly couldn't care less and certainly not seeking some kind of molmix "fame", whatever that is.

Corporate Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I didn't hear it from a mate.

There is a reason why names are not revealed, it's because it then becomes really obvious how the information gets out.

It's completely up to you (and everyone else) whether you believe some random on the internet or not. I honestly couldn't care less and certainly not seeking some kind of molmix "fame", whatever that is.
Its always a conundrum @AndyWolves so don't worry about it. The reality is that it can be so easy to make a small error that might reveal who your source is; thus putting your source potentially in a vulnerable position legally and in an employment perspective. I get it and I suspect many others do also.

MattH

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Fwiw, that's from the ask wolves interview, as part of what was one of the better interviews from Matt wild

Express and star have been disingenuous in not referencing that so as to create a 'story' and save them work - presumably because Liam Keen is on holiday at the moment and they CBA to write Wolves stories until he's back!

Shoddy from the E and S and nothing new/noteworthy.

Ah fair enough, I'd given up on those videos before I got to Matt Wild. I can't say its a bad strategy really, hopefully Palhinha isn't after daft money.

Bawtry Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah fair enough, I'd given up on those videos before I got to Matt Wild. I can't say its a bad strategy really, hopefully Palhinha isn't after daft money.
It’s actually worth listening to. He talks a lot about the playing side, transfers, wages etc. when listening to it I can see him becoming more and more the voice that speaks to the fans whilst Jeff Heads up Fosun sports group.

He also states in his interview that Wolves can push Fosun for more investment if they make they business case, he does say it’s not guaranteed but that they will listen.

The more I reflect on the Ask Wolves piece the more I think you have to listen to all of them rather than just one or two. They don’t repeat each other but do reference what others have said. Therefore Jeff’s answers didn’t cover anything that Matt Wild said other than adding more context but what Matt said was probably what Fans were expecting Jeff to say or he should have said.

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its always a conundrum @AndyWolves so don't worry about it. The reality is that it can be so easy to make a small error that might reveal who your source is; thus putting your source potentially in a vulnerable position legally and in an employment perspective. I get it and I suspect many others do also.
Could easily message a mod and they could vouch for them or not after said signing materialises or doesn’t

wwfc9

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Since when do people have to provide so-called proof on a rumours thread on the Mix? Get over yourself!
What you mean get over yourself ? I’m not het up about **** all !! Couldn’t give a rats ass either way was just a suggestion ….

Northampton_wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Rumours would say this lad was a target of ours.

Ekitike holds positive talks with Newcastle​

The representatives of Reims striker Hugo Ekitike have held further positive talks with Newcastle United over the transfer of the player.
Sky Sports News has been told the player's representatives were given permission to speak to Newcastle as the clubs continue to finalise a deal.
A fee worth around €30m (£25.6m) is under discussion. Personal terms for Ekitike are over a 5 year contract.

Disappointing if we cant rival Newcastle for players, money aside we are there and there about play wise. And have better recent historic performances

Im also thinking botman and guimares

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What you mean get over yourself ? I’m not het up about **** all !! Couldn’t give a rats ass either way was just a suggestion ….
Ah, ok. It read like you were demanding proof, sorry.

Notsoslimshady

Groupie
Reaction score
I don’t see the issue with ITK stuff. I quite enjoy it while taking it with a pinch of salt.
I don’t enjoy the moaning and pages of arguing about it.
Spoils the forum for me.
Apart frim the blatant click-bait site rumours i like seeing anything shared by people who might have a bit of info or sharing a story from someone who has some legitimacy. It is a shame that people feel harrassed when trying to provide some news. I thought it was the whole point of the thread to be honest. They are also sharing info they are told and can't help if situations change.

Unfortunately every thread seems to descend into slagging of shi and sellars, traore, mgw and hwang. It is difficult to remember which thread you are on sometimes.

I welcome any info posters are comfortable to post regarding possible transfers. It is more interesting than anything from hitc and the like

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom