Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Summer 2024 transfer window thread.

Wignall 3-0

Groupie
Reaction score
Last season our football was dire and we did not score goals. This season we have played entertaining football and scored goals making for good telly viewing. I think more neutral fans have been tuning in knowing they will see an entertaining game. So have we been involved in more live games this season or nothing in it from last?

Jd132

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I think Gary is looking for blistering pace in his attack which is why, out of all the names we've heard so far, Mohamed Amoura and Samu Omorodion stand out.

It's clearly one of the reasons why Sasa and Fabio were loaned out and, in my opinion, will be the reason Sarabia will be shown the door in the Summer too.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Gary is looking for blistering pace in his attack which is why, out of all the names we've heard so far, Mohamed Amoura and Samu Omorodion stand out.

It's clearly one of the reasons why Sasa and Fabio were loaned out and, in my opinion, will be the reason Sarabia will be shown the door in the Summer too.
Speed kills

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me any attackers we sign now have to have pace with the way ONeil sets us up. Midfielders have to be dynamic like we have now and we certainly need more pace in the centre back area. Mosquera will hopefully come back and solve part of the problem in defence but I'd argue we need another quick centre back on top of him as Dawson wont feature regularly next season.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
For me any attackers we sign now have to have pace with the way ONeil sets us up. Midfielders have to be dynamic like we have now and we certainly need more pace in the centre back area. Mosquera will hopefully come back and solve part of the problem in defence but I'd argue we need another quick centre back on top of him as Dawson wont feature regularly next season.
Pacy forwards and defenders means we can change the dynamic for the better

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Upgrade on Doherty , Fraser , cover for Dawson and all change on goalkeepers . That would be fine if no leavers .

WW1963

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Two strikers - quick with fine hamstrings - one a guaranteed starter and the other as cover for when Hwang or Cunha is injured.

One goalkeeper - experienced, commands area, good distribution and not given to moments of silliness.

One quality centre back - experienced, big gob, reader of trouble, great in the air.

Keep Jao Gomes and RAN.

Anything else is a bonus but we're talking £100m for those four players, which means selling Neto for £45m, Sa to the Saudis for £25m, £35m for some of our loan players (Guedes, Podence, Silva).

£5m profit.

Premier Quality

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Two strikers - quick with fine hamstrings - one a guaranteed starter and the other as cover for when Hwang or Cunha is injured.

One goalkeeper - experienced, commands area, good distribution and not given to moments of silliness.

One quality centre back - experienced, big gob, reader of trouble, great in the air.

Keep Jao Gomes and RAN.

Anything else is a bonus but we're talking £100m for those four players, which means selling Neto for £45m, Sa to the Saudis for £25m, £35m for some of our loan players (Guedes, Podence, Silva).

£5m profit.
Why the **** would we sell pedro neto for £45m?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
So if we do the following:

1. Sell two top players (Air-Nouri and Neto) for £100m
2. Sell players out on loan not required (Guedes, Silva, Podence, Hoever, Cundle, Bolla, Hodge) for c£30m
3. Have a kitty of say £50m

and our squad looks like this
GK: Sa, Bentley, Moulden
FB: Semedo, Bueno, Doherty, Lembiska,
CB: Dawson, Kilman, Bueno, Gomes, Mosquera,
MD: Gomes, Lemina, Doyle, Traore, Bellegarde
A/WM: Sarabia, Chiquinho, Gonzales, Chirewa, Lemina
FWD: Cunha, Hwang, Fraser, Chiwome

Where would you spend the cash a who would be the priority. For me Attacking/Wide Midfield and Centre Forward looks this lightest.
If l take your figures at face value bringing in £130M and only spending £50M of it suggests yet further squad quality downgrading. That way lies a Mick-style team and relegation.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If l take your figures at face value bringing in £130M and only spending £50M of it suggests yet further squad quality downgrading. That way lies a Mick-style team and relegation.
Exactly we need to replace quality with quality. We are self sufficient so no reason why we can’t spend 70% of whatever we make in essence. More downgrading will make next season more precarious

Axle

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don’t get the clamour to sell Kilman.

Skipper, home grown, left sided, English centre back who is a success story of our development of young players.

Who exactly are we going to replace him with?

I see a lot of people saying sell him, but not a lot saying who he should replaced with.

Crazy. Kilman is this season’s Hwang, who was last season’s Semedo etc etc

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score

Skipper, home grown, left sided, English centre back who is a success story of our development of young players.

I see a lot of people saying sell him, but not a lot saying who he should replaced with.

I’d personally keep Kilman. Think he is under-rated on here and from what I’ve been told, is a very well-liked and respected Captain.

But if he did leave, two good, left-sided and likely to be available English centre-backs are Jacob Greaves at Hull and Lloyd Kelly at Bournemouth.

el gringo

Reaction score
Would Antoine Semenyo be a good acquisition? (No rumour or ITK here, just a thought). He went to Bournemouth when GON was there, so maybe the type of player he might be interested in. Doesn't score a ton of goals (but not bad), but he's strong, and can run at defences.

GuzzWolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Personally, I'd keep the the following.
Balti Pie
Buffalo wings
Chicken wraps

Transfer
**** pies
**** Burgers
**** chips

It's a win win

Houston Lobo

Reaction score
I’d personally keep Kilman. Think he is under-rated on here and from what I’ve been told, is a very well-liked and respected Captain.

But if he did leave, two good, left-sided and likely to be available English centre-backs are Jacob Greaves at Hull and Lloyd Kelly at Bournemouth.
Interesting given the mention of Lloyd Kelly on here the other day.

Maybe he’d be tempted coming here as a guaranteed starter rather than risk reduced minutes elsewhere at Tottenham or Newcastle.

Redrockwanderer

Reaction score
Would Antoine Semenyo be a good acquisition? (No rumour or ITK here, just a thought). He went to Bournemouth when GON was there, so maybe the type of player he might be interested in. Doesn't score a ton of goals (but not bad), but he's strong, and can run at defences.
Would be a great signing IMO, however was stretchered off yesterday… could be out for a while?

Wolf316

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because it’s better for PSR and I’d rather keep Ait Nouri and Gomes.

Ned

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I like Kilman too but we need to sell somebody for a big fee in the summer and he’s the best for PSR and we will have Toti, Dawson and possibly Mosquera so will probably need 1 other in.

I don’t want to sell Max but if you gave me a choice of keeping him or RAN then it’s an easy decision - of course the players’ desire to leave/stay will be a factor.

Back
Top Bottom