Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Sterling

E

Essex Wolf

Well said Essex-yes he is a decent player, but already there are signs that teams know how to play against him-probably another Walcott as has been said on here.

Whenever I watch a game involving LFC Sterling is either very good and really catches the eye or conspicuous by his absence and is far to inconsistent. As you say FW teams seem to have sussed him out and against quality defenders he looks quite ordinary to me.

I did recall a game only a few weeks ago towards the seasons end and Sterling was woeful and offered so little he may as well have not been there. Whilst all players no matter how good will have off days Sterling seems to lack the consistency to be what I would say is a top class player.

He may find that consistency and become a true great but £44M with another £5M to come for a player who in some games is hardly noticeable seems crazy.

Matt

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Why so much hate? The fee isn't upto him. He wants more money and to win stuff, fair enough - what have Liverpool won over the past 5 years compared to City?

If a rival company wanted me to come and work for them for an extra 50% of my current salary I'd be gone.

E

Essex Wolf

Why so much hate? The fee isn't upto him. He wants more money and to win stuff, fair enough - what have Liverpool won over the past 5 years compared to City?

If a rival company wanted me to come and work for them for an extra 50% of my current salary I'd be gone.

I won't deny I despise LFC and I'm certainly not bothered about any of their players Matt but there is no hatred from me over the cost of the deal.

I just happen to think he is an over rated and over hyped player right now who lacks the consistency to be valued so highly. If Man City have that sort of money to waste that's down to them and no skin of my nose.

He may go on to be a real outstanding world class talent but at this time I do not think he is in that category.

F

FLEET WOLF

I don't hate him and in some ways, good luck to him, it is the mad football world that I am starting to not like very much. He is no Bale and probably won't reach that level, but he might do.

D

Deleted member 3573J

I'd give up trying to make sense of the transfer fees, they are so distorted that it's not even worth trying. When McCormack costs near enough the same as Mandzukic then who knows what a player is truly worth.

E

Essex Wolf

I'd give up trying to make sense of the transfer fees, they are so distorted that it's not even worth trying. When McCormack costs near enough the same as Mandzukic then who knows what a player is truly worth.

Does make you wonder JB?

It's all water under the bridge now and counts for nothing but had Wolves tied Sako to another contract and he was up for sale as opposed to walking on a free what sort of fee could be asked?

Not suggesting he is as good as Sterling and at 27yrs old quite a bit older but if Sterling is valued at £44M plus then how much would Sako fetch?

Bend It Like Dennison

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread reminds me a little of the Bale thread when he went to Madrid.

Everyone was praising Spurs saying how they'd done Madrid, how £85m was great business and they could now build a team yada yada... Tell me how did that work out??

Liverpool are a spent force... That's 2 summers running now they've sold their best player only this summer they've lost their captain too. You just don't buy replacements for these type of players.

We will find out soon enough with Sako this season.

Beastier

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This thread reminds me a little of the Bale thread when he went to Madrid.

Everyone was praising Spurs saying how they'd done Madrid, how £85m was great business and they could now build a team yada yada... Tell me how did that work out??

Liverpool are a spent force... That's 2 summers running now they've sold their best player only this summer they've lost their captain too. You just don't buy replacements for these type of players.

We will find out soon enough with Sako this season.

I agree with this - I'm not sure what is the more exasperating..that Raheem Stirling is worth £49m or the thought of what Brendan Rogers will blow the money on

E

Essex Wolf

I agree with this - I'm not sure what is the more exasperating..that Raheem Stirling is worth £49m or the thought of what Brendan Rogers will blow the money on

Not exasperated that Sterling is costing so much but be more than happy to see Rodgers waste more money.

LFC are no longer the club their supporters seem to still think they are and long may it continue.:D

F

FLEET WOLF

Does make you wonder JB?

It's all water under the bridge now and counts for nothing but had Wolves tied Sako to another contract and he was up for sale as opposed to walking on a free what sort of fee could be asked?

Not suggesting he is as good as Sterling and at 27yrs old quite a bit older but if Sterling is valued at £44M plus then how much would Sako fetch?

two and six and a dozen meat pies!

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Or more to the point, how much more do the likes of Sako expect as a weekly wage when they compare themselves to an ever-rising wage ceiling that bares no relation to local economies.
I don't blame the players, they're workers in a job market like everybody else is.

£44 million to Mansour is like £44 to the rest of us. It doesn't affect him, he wouldn't notice it and doesn't care about the market because he's ABOVE the market.
But when clubs like Wolves suddenly have to find another £500,000 or £1million to add to a player's annual wage packet we can't do it and we cannot build a squad good enough to compete anymore.

BlahBlah

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
LFC are no longer the club their supporters seem to still think they are and long may it continue.:D

They're still a money making entity, which is remarkable considering they haven't won the league for 25 years. 25 years! How can that be true for Liverpool?
They rolled £97million from TV revenue in 2014, mainly on the back of income from a billion Asian fans who remember the 70's and 80's.
They're going to be asking for £45million a season for their next shirt deal. They can guarantee 38 live 90 minute games to a potential audience of 3 billion.

They protect that income by advertising themselves every season, they're in Thailand tonight and arrive in Australia in a few days to play a few friendlies, then stop off in KL on the way home.
They make a fortune, all the deals and itineraries have been done in advance by a foreward party of executives who travel in to set up future sponsorship deals. Motorbikes, car oil, lawnmowers, banks, soft drinks, beer, whisky....they draw huge commercial deals and will grab money from anybody who wants to get their products in newspapers or on television.
Many of these deals are restricted to the individual country and can't be shown abroad, thus allowing them to sell the same deal multiple times. United and Arsenal are the same.

It was said last year when they played in front of 100,000 at the MCG, that the football match was actually a distraction to the real job of the Liverpool company cleaning up on the money, but they realised they had a duty to advertise all the sponsors they'd signed up !
Some of these clubs are now nothing more than companies that sell advertising, and in Liverpool's case its more true because the football team usually wins nothing.

Last edited by a moderator:
E

Edgmond Wolf

Think his behaviour stinks

Think it is way too much money

Hope he gets proper clattered first match and is out for the season

Greedy little $$$$$$

A

AlexWWFC

Think his behaviour stinks

Think it is way too much money

Hope he gets proper clattered first match and is out for the season

Greedy little $$$$$$

Agree mate, I watched some terrible performances last season, have you seen his stats for losing the ball compared to Man City players? Man City won't like that and he won't be like being told he has to pass the ball off more rather than take a chance and lose it...... again and again and again.

arctic rime

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Or more to the point, how much more do the likes of Sako expect as a weekly wage when they compare themselves to an ever-rising wage ceiling that bares no relation to local economies.

I don't blame the players, they're workers in a job market like everybody else is.

£44 million to Mansour is like £44 to the rest of us. It doesn't affect him, he wouldn't notice it and doesn't care about the market because he's ABOVE the market.

But when clubs like Wolves suddenly have to find another £500,000 or £1million to add to a player's annual wage packet we can't do it and we cannot build a squad good enough to compete anymore.

If we had shown the right ambition after 3 years in the league we could well have been properly established now .

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ewok vs Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I hope he fullfills this great potential he's supposed to have but i'm not convinced he is or will be this world class player that people think. Although i agree that he's way more likely to win trophies at City whether it's best for his development only time will tell.
One thing for sure if you get much better value for money buying abroad

Back
Top Bottom