Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Season ticket prices 24/25

hankin

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
12% being rumoured.

And for what?
That is what I heard too (and inflation is only about 3-4%) but they haven’t announced it yet because of our bad form. I have had my ticket since 2006 but with a long journey to matches, recent retirement, VAR and now this (perhaps) I am seriously considering giving it up.

Last edited:

StaffordWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Am i right in thinking digital season tickets make it harder to 'lend' your ticket to someone?
Absolutely picture on the card with your data….

The very start of digital identity and biometric data. Be careful what we wish for. This is a totalitarian pathway to total control over our lives. Especially when cash disappears…. Facial recognition ect. I’m sure many clubs now do this.

Football I can understand. When it’s introduced to everyday life that’s not good for people. Only those that want to control our lives

Last edited:

Hixon Wolf

Reaction score
Am i right in thinking digital season tickets make it harder to 'lend' your ticket to someone?
With Man united (and probably others) the ticket is on your phone. In order to share this ticket with another person, that person needs to be a Man United member and be registered to use that ticket.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
With Man united (and probably others) the ticket is on your phone. In order to share this ticket with another person, that person needs to be a Man United member and be registered to use that ticket.
Or you’d need a burner phone to use specifically for the season ticket?

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
Newcastle went digital last season and it's a nightmare for passing tickets on. My friend has a season ticket there but has to travel with work a lot. She always gives me her ticket when she's away. In the past she used to just hand over her ticket. This season I had to open a Newcastle United ticket account and download their app. Then she transfers it to my supporter account, but I have to pay a fee for the ticket and download it to my app. Screenshots of barcodes don't work because it's contactless through the app. I have to tap my phone with the app open to get in.

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Leicester link I posted earlier has said you can pass ticket onto a friend and that this has increased from 4 to 5 matches. (In addition can resell 5 matches).

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Newcastle went digital last season and it's a nightmare for passing tickets on. My friend has a season ticket there but has to travel with work a lot. She always gives me her ticket when she's away. In the past she used to just hand over her ticket. This season I had to open a Newcastle United ticket account and download their app. Then she transfers it to my supporter account, but I have to pay a fee for the ticket and download it to my app. Screenshots of barcodes don't work because it's contactless through the app. I have to tap my phone with the app open to get in.
What is the thinking? I mean I know they bang on about security and we have our own special football laws to deal with, but surely the clubs don't really care which of my family uses a ticket?

Can only think that in killing the friendly passing on market they assume they'll be able to sell more through official resale routes?

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
What is the thinking? I mean I know they bang on about security and we have our own special football laws to deal with, but surely the clubs don't really care which of my family uses a ticket?

Can only think that in killing the friendly passing on market they assume they'll be able to sell more through official resale routes?
money.

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Well yes, I mean
Why......?
Money
Is a pretty safe response, but how?
essentially charge you to do anything. fee for changing the name to somebody else, somebody else downloading the app, sell the same seat again through the retail. fees fees fees wherever they can. Will be the slow introduction of fees to drive revenue for anything they can get away with.
Remember back in the day how you just used to buy a ticket? Now there is booking fees, then print at home fees, name change fees soon. all the while its still the same seat, just clubs finding ways to extract max value from selling that same seat. Fees only are a minor inconvenience to a person when £1 but you get 20,000 doing that each week it adds up
Membership used to be free! Now its about £50! its all part of the money machine

Last edited:

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score

It's definitely money. It's difficult to pass onto friends so discourages season ticket holders who can't go to game from transferring it to their friends. Its much easier to sell it back to the club. The club don't give the full ticket price back to the seller and charge the new person they're reselling the ticket to the full (non season ticket holder) price. Also, if you do transfer it to your friend, it's not a small fee that the friend has to pay. You might find this hard to believe, but my friend transferred her ticket to me for the Dortmund Champions League game. She sits in the posh seats and has access to the bar. Normally those tickets cost £75. Despite her giving me her ticket for free, in order for me to transfer it to my account they charged me, wait for it...£30!

Wonder Boyo

Yma O Hyd
Reaction score
It's definitely money. It's difficult to pass onto friends so discourages season ticket holders who can't go to game from transferring it to their friends. Its much easier to sell it back to the club. The club don't give the full ticket price back to the seller and charge the new person they're reselling the ticket to the full (non season ticket holder) price. Also, if you do transfer it to your friend, it's not a small fee that the friend has to pay. You might find this hard to believe, but my friend transferred her ticket to me for the Dortmund Champions League game. She sits in the posh seats and has access to the bar. Normally those tickets cost £75. Despite her giving me her ticket for free, in order for me to transfer it to my account they charged me, wait for it...£30!
I should add that it will probably do a reasonable job of stopping ticket touts reselling tickets for profit (Newcastle tickets are in massive demand) and also selling on tickets to away fans.

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
There could be a lot of empty seats .

wwbug

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
From a supporters view , I have always hated the early bird . Surely you should be given until two weeks before the season starts to secure your seat. You are paying to watch a team that could be dramatically changed . It would also make the club improve its team if sales were slow or stop it making a clear out after June .

JohnB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Found my old emails out I sit in stevie bull Upper 18/19 £474, 19/20 544, can't find my email from 20/21 ( but that was covid year) 21/22 £507 - but we had credits from covid year, can't find 22/23 but think it was around £680, 23/35 £722 so my guess is £760ish going forward:(
So 5% increase? Maybe I’d guess £780 or 8%.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Absolutely picture on the card with your data….

The very start of digital identity and biometric data. Be careful what we wish for. This is a totalitarian pathway to total control over our lives. Especially when cash disappears…. Facial recognition ect. I’m sure many clubs now do this.

Football I can understand. When it’s introduced to everyday life that’s not good for people. Only those that want to control our lives
Eh…? Haven’t you had a cashcard since the 80’s? Seems a bit late now to be protesting digitalisation.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Eh…? Haven’t you had a cashcard since the 80’s? Seems a bit late now to be protesting digitalisation.
I think you’re missing the point. Biometric data fingerprints, iris scans, facial images…… Happy to use that data to enter the ground and every day life?

Personal information provided for one purpose should not be made available for identification for law enforcement purposes, without being subject to these vital legal standards.

We cannot continue on the current path without stopping to build in necessary human rights protections to mitigate harm. Our civil liberties should be the foundation upon which digital ID technologies, platforms, and systems are being constructed. Otherwise, in the quest to create a digital identity for the benefit of many, our fundamental rights can and will crumble.

Football is becoming an alien sport anyway. What next a robot ref??

Munich_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If they stuck all 22,000 up £100 it would make them £Some (a place in the league table).

This is what really galls me. I've no skin in the game as an expat but you can almost feel the lack of effort dripping from the club in gaining or even maintaining that league place, knowing they can claw that missed revenue back from the fans next season without spending an extra penny.

Back
Top Bottom