Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Rumours from the pub

Perton Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sa and Semedo would both be more than that together. I'd bet it would be closer to £70m, we're not sending them there as a bargain.
No they wouldn't.

Semedo is 30 with 1 year left on his deal.
Sa is a 31 year old GK.

You aren't getting £70m for those two, nowhere near. We bought Semedo for just under £30m a few years ago and his value has decreased since then. As for Sa, likely looking at a similar fee to what we sent Patricio to Roma for (£10m-£15m).

You're looking at £30m or so for the pair, maybe £35m at a push.

Fifty Niner

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Haha!! We’ve been heavily scouting South America again. Neto is 100% leaving two clubs in for him…. So probably get a little cameo despite now being back fit.

Morgan Whittaker isn’t bad but that isn’t up to me

New info from a good source - Neto is fit to start against Palace. However he will get small cameo appearance to wave off the fans. 100% leaving two clubs in for him. You can speculate who they are.

The club is hoping to raise 100m in player sales and will be used to build the squad and other means.

Formation change Mosquera is 100% coming back and maybe used as a right back. New formation Gary apparently likes is with 4 centre halfs. He noticed Saturday how Man City bullied us. So for example Mosquera Bueno Dawson Toti - just an example

Stadium upgrade / renovation latest talk of the Molineux Quarter. This is speculation but the club are raising £100m to invest in infrastructure I think we can expect to hear soon

Fosun are serious about Wolves. They wouldn’t have wrote off club loans of quarter of a billion pounds if they was here for the short term. However they won’t run us like Man City.

The new kit… It’s a Jeff Shi idea.. SUDU. Still, if they feel it can generate higher revenues that’s good for the club!? Expect a range of casual clothing to go with the shirts. Sudu in Mandarin is speed…..
Still don’t see how building a journeyman mid-to-lower-table football team is going to ‘build the brand’. People like to be associated with success. Still, I guess it depends where you’re pitching your brand.

Four centre half’s with no pace. Excellent stuff.

Ginger Chimp

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they wouldn't.

Sa is a 31 year old GK.

You aren't getting £70m for those two, nowhere near. We bought Semedo for just under £30m a few years ago and his value has decreased since then. As for Sa, likely looking at a similar fee to what we sent Patricio to Roma for (£10m-£15m).

Normal prices or Saudi prices?

Aurum Lupus

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they wouldn't.

Sa is a 31 year old GK.

The original rumour said £40m for Sa. I gets its not going to be that high, but I wouldn't be surprised with £20/25. In normal football transfers we wouldn't have got anywhere near what we did for Neves from a big club, his contract was running down too. Saudi massively pay over the odds. If we sell them Fabio I bet its for £15m, they'll think that's a bargain! Semedo is going for £15/20 and I bet we can at least break even on Sarabia if he goes too. That gives a range of £55-65m. So my first point of £70m I will agree is on the high side. But not by a lot

WolvesAndCows

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Still don’t see how building a journeyman mid-to-lower-table football team is going to ‘build the brand’. People like to be associated with success. Still, I guess it depends where you’re pitching your brand.

Tony Pulis vibes

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

But having those guys be like they are, it means we can be slightly more attack focused and minded with wingers again!

So there are pros and cons to it!

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I shudder to say this but starting to feel rather as the Boggies' long-term PL stint evolved....
We're doomed, Cap'n Mainwaring! Why not enjoy the ride rather than anticipate disaster?! Mile End has predicted great things, as has Northampton, who's been reliable before too. We've just been linked with Pogba ffs! Neves will return with Jota, Fabio will come great in 2 seasons, O Neill will take us to FA Cup glory before leaving us to coach Real Madrid, whilst Nuno returns and we beat them in the Champions League final. On a VAR referral.

Fosun will keep Molineux at Molineux , surrounded by parks, trees and the finest beers known to man (BFG).

Who knows? But, Fosun have been brilliant for us, so I'm choosing to keep faith. Let West Ham under Lopetegui go the Baggies route. And, by the way, let's hope people stay to applaud the team after tomorrow's game! Remember the sour taste last season when Moutinho wasn't there and Raul didn't come up? I hope tomorrow is a real connection between us and the squad and the coaches. Gotta love being a Wolves fan!

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Toti and Mosquera have no pace?

WickedWolfie

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We're doomed, Cap'n Mainwaring! Why not enjoy the ride rather than anticipate disaster?! Mile End has predicted great things, as has Northampton, who's been reliable before too. We've just been linked with Pogba ffs! Neves will return with Jota, Fabio will come great in 2 seasons, O Neill will take us to FA Cup glory before leaving us to coach Real Madrid, whilst Nuno returns and we beat them in the Champions League final. On a VAR referral.

Fosun will keep Molineux at Molineux , surrounded by parks, trees and the finest beers known to man (BFG).

Who knows? But, Fosun have been brilliant for us, so I'm choosing to keep faith. Let West Ham under Lopetegui go the Baggies route. And, by the way, let's hope people stay to applaud the team after tomorrow's game! Remember the sour taste last season when Moutinho wasn't there and Raul didn't come up? I hope tomorrow is a real connection between us and the squad and the coaches. Gotta love being a Wolves fan!
Some people are perma-optimists, some perma-pessimists and lots somewhere in between. As a Wolves fan l absolutely hope that you are right about a wonderful future but, and perhaps this is the scars of the last 50 years, rather doubt it.

I do though unequivocally agree with your last four sentences.

Last edited:

berwickwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some people are perma-optimists, some perma-pessimists and lots somewhere in between. As a Wolves fan l absolutely hope that you are right about a wonderful but, and perhaps this is the scars of the last 50 years, rather doubt it.

I do though unequivocally agree with your last four sentences.

Not many fans have been through what we have over the years. For me, I'm going to enjoy this whilst it lasts. But I totally understand and share the fears too!

wolfslair

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Posted what was said

Your choice how you take it

Not everything in life is GOSPEL LOL and that title of the thread suggests that.

Football transfers can collapse at any stage before the ink hits the contract…..

People forget that!

Not every transfer rumour pays off, but that doesn’t meanit was a lie for internet clout when it doesn’t.

Neves had two arsenal moves fall through after terms and conditions were initially agreed. Doesn’t mean the desire to make the move happen wasn’t real

tonto

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I do love

optimism keep it up kid

Oliwolf44

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Hope everyone enjoys their friday night rumours at the pub this evening. Just remember not all is true and may be down to the hot weather and ales. There were vicious rumours that Aston Villa would add to their european cup this year.. sadly it was just a rumour :tonguewink:
Enjoy and stay safe out there

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the four centre back rumour is true, I wouldn’t mind that at all. Man City and Arsenal do it with great success.

It effectively gives the players in front of them a lot more freedom going forward. We get very little productivity out of our wingbacks, so it would effectively allow us to play with an extra attacker without becoming defensively vulnerable.

Even better when those four centre backs have a bit of pace about them, especially Mosquera and Toti, would hopefully mean playing a higher line and transforming the way we play.

Valles
Mosquera Bueno Kilman Toti
Gomes Lemina
Amoura Cunha Rowe
Dia​

Sell Neto, RAN for £100m combined. Throw money at overhauling our forward line and getting a sweeper keeper in to enable us to play out from the back comfortably.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If the four centre back rumour is true, I wouldn’t mind that at all. Man City and Arsenal do it with great success.

It effectively gives the players in front of them a lot more freedom going forward. We get very little productivity out of our wingbacks, so it would effectively allow us to play with an extra attacker without becoming defensively vulnerable.

Even better when those four centre backs have a bit of pace about them, especially Mosquera and Toti, would hopefully mean playing a higher line and transforming the way we play.

Valles
Gomes Lemina
Amoura Cunha Rowe
Dia​

Sell Neto, RAN for £100m combined. Throw money at overhauling our forward line and getting a sweeper keeper in to enable us to play out from the back comfortably.
That Amoura is all over the waffle sites about west ham today.....I'm definitely taking that one with a pinch of salt.....think it agent talk myself...

Minimalist

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Valles
Gomes Lemina
Amoura Cunha Rowe
Dia​

What’s the four cb rumour?

Skrilla

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What’s the four cb rumour?
See MEW earlier post in this thread. Although take with a strong pinch of salt!

I’m always weary of whatever MEW says after he correctly “predicted” Sasa and Nunes about six months before we actually signed them!

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

I’m always weary of whatever MEW says after he correctly “predicted” Sasa and Nunes about six months before we actually signed them!

Didn’t that same post say Neto was playing tomorrow and he then got ruled out an hour later?

rincewind

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Yes, it gets very tiring

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
Rumour, which I don’t believe, is season tickets are going up 15% !

Really interested to see what happens this year. Our refusal (or inability) to pay a modest loan fee for a striker in January has likely cost us somewhere between £8-12m in extra revenue.

Asking supporters to stump up an extra 15% to partially compensate that isn’t going to go down that well.

Fairly sure that the club wouldn’t be raising prices by anywhere near that amount though.

Back
Top Bottom