Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Robbie Dennison Vintage 1988

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Disappeared behind a pillar from where I was, so I never saw him hit it, just saw it sail past the guy who might have been the best keeper in the world at the time.

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember us all turning up with our flags cause it was wembley....only to have all the flag poles took off us.

Reaction score
I was there as a 11yo, got the program somewhere signed by loads of players. Remember sitting by the dugout get players to sign the program & have a chat. Then climbing from by the dugout to the next teir up & sitting with the wolves players getting them to sign my program. Stopping over night in a YHA with my dad. Great memories.

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
I remember us all turning up with our flags cause it was wembley....only to have all the flag poles took off us.
I remember that for the SVT, literally bought one 10 yards outside the ground and had it taken off me as soon as I went through the turnstile, the pole (pretty much a garden cane IIRC) got thrown on the top of the turnstile with dozens of others. They couldn't have gone outside and stopped people selling them obv....

To be fair though my memory is that the day before it had kicked off big time at Stamford Bridge and it was like something from the Zulu wars (not Birmingham City though) Boro maybe?

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I remember that for the SVT, literally bought one 10 yards outside the ground and had it taken off me as soon as I went through the turnstile, the pole (pretty much a garden cane IIRC) got thrown on the top of the turnstile with dozens of others. They couldn't have gone outside and stopped people selling them obv....

To be fair though my memory is that the day before it had kicked off big time at Stamford Bridge and it was like something from the Zulu wars (not Birmingham City though) Boro maybe?
Yes it was Middlesbrough....

It happened at mercantile trophy....jumped in the coaches back of the north bank , Muriel and Albert....they were selling flags , your right basically with a cane on .....had it took off us....always puzzled me cause surely the knew before hand. ..still got the flag somewhere...

We all thought there was going to be loads of trouble at wembley for that mercantile tournament...didn't they build it up that it might be a blood bath.....was no trouble at all ... remember Leeds trying to have a bit of a go at our end...but it was all good nature....we was joking in with Wimbledon n Tranmere fans if my memory was right.....and obviously when we played Everton , Tranmere did the same....

Was a long old day for half hour or so off football..

SingYourHeartsOut

Reaction score
Yes it was Middlesbrough....

It happened at mercantile trophy....jumped in the coaches back of the north bank , Muriel and Albert....they were selling flags , your right basically with a cane on .....had it took off us....always puzzled me cause surely the knew before hand. ..still got the flag somewhere...

We all thought there was going to be loads of trouble at wembley for that mercantile tournament...didn't they build it up that it might be a blood bath.....was no trouble at all ... remember Leeds trying to have a bit of a go at our end...but it was all good nature....we was joking in with Wimbledon n Tranmere fans if my memory was right.....and obviously when we played Everton , Tranmere did the same....

Was a long old day for half hour or so off football..
I've got very hazy memories of the day. IIRC it was 20 minutes each way and we lost on penalties. Straight knockout. I watched some other games, but I don't think I stayed until the end. I do remember being proud that we'd pretty much filled our section when some of the other clubs had bought a couple of hundred. Does seem like the strangest of ideas now though (I think it did at the time to be fair).

lets all have a disco

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've got very hazy memories of the day. IIRC it was 20 minutes each way and we lost on penalties. Straight knockout. I watched some other games, but I don't think I stayed until the end. I do remember being proud that we'd pretty much filled our section when some of the other clubs had bought a couple of hundred. Does seem like the strangest of ideas now though (I think it did at the time to be fair).
If I remember think only Leeds and Newcastle took more than us...think they took about 4.5k....wheres ours was about 3.5k....

Yes madness Idea....we was basically stuck there all day being on the coaches....very long day....

Back
Top Bottom