Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

RIP Ronnie Radford

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The FA Cup 1st Round tie between Hereford United v Portsmouth is on BBC 2 this Friday night and as Ronnie's goal is one of the most iconic ever in Cup history I dare say there will be tributes on there.

As a kid when I played park football with mates long range screamers were called a Charlie George, Kenny Hibbitt or Ronnie Radford :):):)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Way before my time but seen that goal many times, such an iconic cup moment.

RIP Ronnie.

Severnup

Groupie
Reaction score
Ronnie was responsible for what was probably the most memorable goal ever scored in the FA CUP. A real screamer on what was a mud bath of a pitch if I remember right.
RIP Ronnie.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
You youngsters think football is great now; if that clip does not have you slavering for the 70s game nothing will. Mud bath pitches, crowds invading the pitch, 50p to get in, portacabin toilets, tight shorts, falling-down stands - it all comes flooding back with that goal. For me they really were the days and Wolves were good then!

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
One helluva a strike on a pudding of a pitch !
If ever there was a goal that epitomised the magic of the FA Cup, then that is it in my book.

My heartfelt condolences go out to his family and friends.

Jack Russell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Ronnie and thanks for giving us arguably the best FA Cup goal of all time! :D

Norman Bell

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Iconic strike from Ronnie Radford.
His arms aloft celebration, was top drawer.

Also Loved Malcolm Mcdonald's sideburns !!
All manner of wildlife, was probably lurking in there.

As your moniker is Elvis who was a man with quite a set of sideburns, you are of course an excellent judge of lice ladders ! :D:D:D

Darvo

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Great goal ... a real screamer.

Fond memories.

RIP

Himleywolf

Reaction score
RIP Ronnie

I'm so old I remember watching it live on BBC.

If I'm correct was it postponed because of the pitch then played midweek in the afternoon

lobodelsur

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Ronnie

If I'm correct was it postponed because of the pitch then played midweek in the afternoon
'...Radford’s searing shot on a bog of a pitch – the replay had been postponed three times and was played on fourth-round day' (Grauniad)
Probably a Saturday then.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was in the 3rd Round, 15 January 1972, that Ronnie scored that goal. We had played Newcastle 2 weeks before at Molineux on New Year's Day and beaten them 2-0. Parkin scored a rare screamer, and John Richards scored a typical John Richards goal from about 8 yards. The crowd spent a lot of the time taking the **** out of Malcolm MacDonald, Newcastle's over-hyped No 9. Funny the things you remember... that game was over 50 years ago. Seems like yesterday.

Edit : if it was played on 4th Round day it would have been 5th Feb, I think. That was a Saturday

Last edited:

glorybox

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
His initial tackle would probably (and ridiculously) be stopped for a foul these days, what with the opposition player rolling around on the floor.

Lou Pine

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Before my time but probably the standout goal on the 101 Great Goals video I had for Christmas when I was 10.

Ponty

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Ronnie

Are you sure? I’m pretty sure no games were broadcast live then.

Spitfire

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
RIP Ronnie

Are you sure? I’m pretty sure no games were broadcast live then.
It was a third round replay played on fourth round day. It wouldn’t have been on live but it was on Match of the Day, probably only one of two or three games featured at that time.

That is my favourite non-Wolves goal of all time. Made all the better by the state of the pitch, kids in Parkas invading the pitch, and people watching from floodlight pylons.

RIP Ronnie.

Ercall Wolves

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thoughts and prayers to all his family and friends at this sad time

Back
Top Bottom