Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Relegation? No chance

Golden Arrow

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
The quick brown fox jumped over the lazy dog. :mad:

In my early days of working on Mainiframe Computers, , we had to type that sentence to check that all the keyboard Alpha characters were functional. I think it finished "lazy dogs back" so as to include the whole alphabet,.

My apologies for a totally useless piece of information which has nothing to do with the topic. :)

D

Deleted member 7041

I know, let's start a thread about there not being any chance of relegation, then , when no one is looking turn it into a negative thread about why we can be relegated. Then maybe people will think I am unbiased FGS......:)

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Over a 6 game form table we are sitting in fifth, so I dont see why people seem to think we are going to get dragged into it as results wise we are showing great form

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham have the same # of points in their last 5 games that we've got. And our loss was against City, so isn't really dropping points compared to anyone else.

And Fulham play Man.City this weekend.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s super positive posts like these that poke one in the eye for the doomsayers. Well done that man.

To paraphrase Oscar Wilde as he’s doing the rounds on other threads, ‘some posters think Wolves are in the gutter, but there are some posters like NNW who are always looking up at the stars’
NNW might have looked at the stars, but has he seen the light?

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
All of the other teams currently below us in the league are below us in the form table.
They are, but I doubt they played against 9 men in any match or had a peno that was fortunate to say the least or even had a goal from a shot off-target that hit the keeper's back and rolled in. Our three wins in 6 or 7 had huge elements of luck. Otherwise, the consensus is that we've been playing poorly and well below the standard of some of the teams below us.
I don't think we'll be relegated, but sure want us to be mathematically certain of staying up, before I get too complacent.

SteveBullsKnee

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They are, but I doubt they played against 9 men in any match or had a peno that was fortunate to say the least or even had a goal from a shot off-target that hit the keeper's back and rolled in. Our three wins in 6 or 7 had huge elements of luck. Otherwise, the consensus is that we've been playing poorly and well below the standard of some of the teams below us.
I don't think we'll be relegated, but sure want us to be mathematically certain of staying up, before I get too complacent.
a) that was one game
b) In the letter of the law it was a penalty and a sending off
c) Leno sending off was as stone wall a sending off as there is in football.

Theres no such thing as luck in football, its a myth. You could equally say we were both lucky and unlucky on Saturday. Ultimately results are results

Hot Fuss

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
****s sake, couple of weeks ago I had to argue why finishing 7th wasn’t realistic, now I’m feeling the need to point out we’ll probably get 5/6 points from the next 10 games to avoid relegation.
Honestly some of you lot are never right.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah I see, luck only counts for wolves and only in games that we win.

OLDGOLD

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
In my early days of working on Mainiframe Computers, , we had to type that sentence to check that all the keyboard Alpha characters were functional. I think it finished "lazy dogs back" so as to include the whole alphabet,.

My apologies for a totally useless piece of information which has nothing to do with the topic. :)
Changed jumped to jumps and you don't need back.....

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
@northnorfolkwolf ,
I’m not disagreeing with you.....but truthfully I don’t see why you started this thread if you feel we’re safe? What are you getting at? What actually is this thread about?

Although you have posted, ‘no chance’......well, there IS a chance.
We can run through all the different possibilities and permutations until the cows come home but the fact is Wolves Co. and Wolves fans will have to wait to be mathematically safe.

I can’t speak for anyone but myself but me thinking we’ll be safe is not the same of knowing we’re safe.
Please see my post 19!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Fulham could win 5/6 games their on song at the moment they could easily climb the table! We never win down there also!
But 5 other teams have to catch us as well as Fulham AND we have to lose all our remaining games. I know we have choked in our recent past but the odds on all that happening are imv impossible. With that in mind I'd like Nuno to experiment and try a few things out, esp in the final 4 or 5 games when we are mathematically safe.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
a) that was one game
b) In the letter of the law it was a penalty and a sending off
c) Leno sending off was as stone wall a sending off as there is in football.

Theres no such thing as luck in football, its a myth. You could equally say we were both lucky and unlucky on Saturday. Ultimately results are results
Yes, all of the above were justified, however over a short period luck can work for or against. Over the last 6/7 matches, luck went with us. It won't always do so, therefore I'll take it, but to pretend there is no such thing as 'luck in football' is nonsense.

SA Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Ah I see, luck only counts for wolves and only in games that we win.
I think you're missing the point, either deliberately or otherwise. We've had our share of bad luck for sure, but over the relatively short space of 6 or 7 matches, when our form has us near the top of that table, Lady Luck has smiled on us. We have won 3 matches where most neutrals (and a lot of biased Wolves' fans) would suggest that we've been fortunate.
Of course other teams have good luck and bad luck in matches, same as Wolves and over a long period of time, these tend to even themselves out. Over a short period, the fortune has a more pronounced effect.

theweave

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think you're missing the point, either deliberately or otherwise. We've had our share of bad luck for sure, but over the relatively short space of 6 or 7 matches, when our form has us near the top of that table, Lady Luck has smiled on us. We have won 3 matches where most neutrals (and a lot of biased Wolves' fans) would suggest that we've been fortunate.
Of course other teams have good luck and bad luck in matches, same as Wolves and over a long period of time, these tend to even themselves out. Over a short period, the fortune has a more pronounced effect.
A lot of people point to that Arsenal game as good luck but the fact is Arsenal missed chances, a bit like we did Saturday. If Luiz didn't foul then Jose scores. Moutinho's strike was incredible, not lucky. Leno made a mistake because he was worried about Traores pace

Lycaon

Reaction score
Mathematically we could still go down, but equally it’s improbable.
Leeds are in a similar situation to ourselves except their results lately over the last 5 games could suggest we’ll finish maybe 4 points above them, if anything they’ll be looking over their shoulder possibly more so than they were a few games ago?
The last relegation spot is a fight between 3/4 teams at the moment so difficult to predict.
Sheffield United have gone and WBA are just rearranging the deckchairs on the Titanic!

lostwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We aye gooin down, no ****ing chance now.

Mystic Lost (that's me by the way but to be daft pretending to have some sort of prescient alter-ego) predicts: first game of next season vs Aston at home, we've had a pre-season to prepare and we batter the saft ****s... then finish top half again and we're back where we belong, not top the league with a ground full of silent tourists, but steadily working our way back to the top table.

D

Deleted member 8913

Wolves are 12th and will in all likelihood finish between 10 and 14....no relegation ,no push for seventh.not very dramatic.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves are 12th and will in all likelihood finish between 10 and 14....no relegation ,no push for seventh.not very dramatic.
Agreeing with you that there is no threat of relegation I had hoped this thread would prompt a discussion on whether Nuno would therefore use these last games to build for next season? Perhaps go with a 4, try Boly with Kilman, give Ait Nouri and Vitinha game time, try 2 up top? Perhaps after Liverpool why not do some experimenting?

D

Deleted member 8913

Agreeing with you that there is no threat of relegation I had hoped this thread would prompt a discussion on whether Nuno would therefore use these last games to build for next season? Perhaps go with a 4, try Boly with Kilman, give Ait Nouri and Vitinha game time, try 2 up top? Perhaps after Liverpool why not do some experimenting?

‘it’s quite possible...he did want to play with four at the back but injuries appear to have upset his plans....and he has been forced to play some of the younger players...no doubt deciding on what we need next season and the future of RAN. Jose and V itinha are of paramount importance ...be difficult to do without playing him.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Think we might see it from the West Ham game, I'd like to see us playing a back four if we have the scope to work on it with the squad. But I also wouldn't be surprised if we don't - yet it's still in the pipeline for next season. Nobody can have seen us play a back four this season and not been scared witless by it, we don't have the centre backs.

One thing we don't know is if any targets have been set. If Nuno has been told we need top half or he's out of a job, I don't foresee any experimentation and wouldn't blame Nuno for not switching things around.

Ultimately I think we will be 4-2-3-1 next season but our current squad shape doesn't lend itself to it, we have too many centre backs (most of which aren't good enough) and not enough forwards. So while I'd like to see us try it out, I won't be jumping up and down if we don't. The crunch in my opinion is how we set up for next season and how we start it

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I think Nuno will continue to try to win games rather than experiment. I’m not saying he might not give some younger players a run out in the last few games, but I don’t think it will be much more than that.
Every higher position we finish on the table strengthens Nuno’s cachet and to that end , the closer Wolves get to 7th. helps.

However, some decisions are out of Nuno’s hands. There is a hierarchy in the Wolves organization and its Shi’s job to merge football and financial interests.

Last edited:

goldeneyed

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Never take anything for granted in football. Lose the next couple of games and alarm bells will be ringing loud again. Win them both and we are safe.

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing another relegation thread, amazingly after Fulham's defeat, I thought I'd bump this to bring back some perspective on here. We're not going down, we've never been going down so let's see Vitinha in the starting line up tomorrow and Nuno show some attacking intent.

Richboxy

Groupie
Reaction score
You can currently get 150/1 at paddypower for us to be relegated. That’s how unlikely it is. It’s definitely not going to happen.

And yes, I’ve put a fiver on it

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Seeing another relegation thread, amazingly after Fulham's defeat, I thought I'd bump this to bring back some perspective on here. We're not going down, we've never been going down so let's see Vitinha in the starting line up tomorrow and Nuno show some attacking intent.

Good to see you posting Norfolk. Wondered where you had got to.

SuperGran

Off with her head!
Reaction score
You can currently get 150/1 at paddypower for us to be relegated. That’s how unlikely it is. It’s definitely not going to happen.

And yes, I’ve put a fiver on it
So at the end of season....... you’ll have lost a fiver

Chris H

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People ****ting themselves that we could lose every match. At the same token we could win every match.

Realistically speaking it will be somewhere in the middle...

We will be safe...

Lots to look forward to for next season when all us fans will be back..
I’m still hopeful of beating last season’s points total.

It’s still mathematically possible so 100% can’t be ruled out based on the relegation logic.

Fenrir_

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
People ****ting themselves that we could lose every match. At the same token we could win every match.

Realistically speaking it will be somewhere in the middle...

We will be safe...

Lots to look forward to for next season when all us fans will be back..
Yep. Don't think it's been mentioned but while everyone was wetting their pants that Fulham were going to win every game while we lose every game, reversing that logic slightly, if we win our next two we're 15 points clear of Fulham with a game in hand

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
But we won't win another game and the teams below us will win every one, even when they play each other...
What if we draw every game someone get Hoddle on the phone I’m going to see the plague doctor

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I don't understand how people can't grasp the pessimism is based on performances.

I get it's unlikely, and it is, but the point of it is that we could go on this losing streak because of how we're playing. If we were playing well, it wouldn't be discussed, or certainly not as much, but the reality is that we've won three league games in three-and-a-half months, and all three had a lot of fortune to them in my opinion.

We've been a very poor team for most of this season, in my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom