Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Ref Watch -Forest H

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
Inexperienced referee with Lee Mason on VAR, I can predict what's going to happen already...
Lee Mason is Mr Barraclough from Porridge
‘Come on chaps stop gathering round and complaining about my decisions.I am doing my best and getting there as quick as I can .It’s not my fault Mike Riley thinks I am any good ‘

The Runner

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Thought he was pretty poor to be honest. Both sides probably had cause to complain. Two things really annoyed.

Forest, specifically Henderson, had spent the first half time wasting, of which the referee was obviously aware. One minute is added. Then at the end of the game, when we are trying to run the clock down, 8 minutes are added and, due to further stoppages in stoppage time, 10 are played. I don't actually have an issue with the time added at the end. The 2 VAR checks must have taken 3 to 4 minutes on their own, there were a lot of subs and time wasting by Sa. But there has to be consistency at the end of each half.

The second thing is a general thing which was again highlighted by the South Bank and ignored by the referee. The Laws of the Game clearly state that a goalkeeper has 6 seconds in which to release the ball from his hands having secured possession. Keepers hold the ball for 10, 20, sometimes 30 seconds and this part of the Law is never, ever applied by referees and I really don't know why.

old wittonian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Thought he was pretty poor to be honest. Both sides probably had cause to complain. Two things really annoyed.

Forest, specifically Henderson, had spent the first half time wasting, of which the referee was obviously aware. One minute is added. Then at the end of the game, when we are trying to run the clock down, 8 minutes are added and, due to further stoppages in stoppage time, 10 are played. I don't actually have an issue with the time added at the end. The 2 VAR checks must have taken 3 to 4 minutes on their own, there were a lot of subs and time wasting by Sa. But there has to be consistency at the end of each half.

The second thing is a general thing which was again highlighted by the South Bank and ignored by the referee. The Laws of the Game clearly state that a goalkeeper has 6 seconds in which to release the ball from his hands having secured possession. Keepers hold the ball for 10, 20, sometimes 30 seconds and this part of the Law is never, ever applied by referees and I really don't know why.
Henderson was time wasting from the start.
I thought the ref varied from good to autrocious with no consistency.
He did look smart though not that it helps.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I felt like it all started to go wrong once he didn't book the foul on Adama in the transition. After that the players lost respect and I was a bit surprised it didn't get even worse. The failure to address Henderson's time wasting was poor and Sa just followed the standard he'd already set later.

DasWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Some very weak refereeing, not carding blatant pull backs like the first one MGW did.

The highlight for me was giving Mouts a foul for handball, when the ball was no way near his arm. Makes the Man City farce look sane in comparison.

Frank Lincoln

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regarding the Nottingham Forest penalty, I have no complaint about it as it was a clear foul. What irritates me though, is that things like that happen every week without a foul being given. There needs to be more consistency regarding holding in the penalty area.

Achilles Last Stand

Reaction score
Some very weak refereeing, not carding blatant pull backs like the first one MGW did.

The highlight for me was giving Mouts a foul for handball, when the ball was no way near his arm. Makes the Man City farce look sane in comparison.
Yes, perfect chest control of the ball by Mouts in a tricky situation!

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
Regarding the Nottingham Forest penalty, I have no complaint about it as it was a clear foul. What irritates me though, is that things like that happen every week without a foul being given. There needs to be more consistency regarding holding in the penalty area.
Watching it back I got the distinct impression they were checking for an Adama handball and wouldn't have noticed it otherwise.

Back
Top Bottom