Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Projected Finish

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
It is only 12 games though. If you're a pessimist its still 26 to lose potentially!
Think early December we might even be top four but we'll dip from then. December is easily our toughest month so far!

They say the league takes shape after ten games.

Would have to fancy UTD will get a new manager and improve and so will Tottenham.

Maybe Leicester too.

I think we will finish top half and have thought that would be the case all along but with a couple signings could be even higher.

One thing we will have when Neto and Jonny return is real strength in depth if we can just get a CM and CB.

D

Deleted member LP 3925

Without being too analytical, I reckon we should try and get good ones!

That’s just my opinion though, others might disagree.
What if we did get good ones? They’d have no where left to go?

Edit: Silly me, there’s still mileage in slating Semedo, Saiss, aging Moutinho, Silva, Dendoncker, Trincao and the Megastore.

Krispy Kreme

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I don't think I've ever slated any of our players.

Donck is a back up and he's a Belgian international. As I've said we are spoilt now in terms of where we are and where we have been.

However come January we will need a centre half as we lose Saiss and Boly, Kilman will go left side where he should of been all along to maximise his distribution.

Whether we go for an up and coming centre half or the marquee signing some crave I'm not sure. Or maybe just give a chance to Sanderson.

Centre Mid I do feel Sanches injuries aside ticks a lot of boxes and I don't have full confidence in Jordan stepping up or MGW being the profile of player we need.

For me I think we Sell Traore and MGW giving us about £60m and go for someone like Matheus Nunes as Moutinhos replacement.

Without detracting from the current squad history has taught us we need to carry on evolving regardless, Moutinho will not continue to defy the doubters forever and Neves may get a big move eventually (United maybe? Hope not but they could do with him for sure)

We strengthened the wings and forward positions with Hwang in the summer which was much needed and we have to carry on.

Full back we have brilliant brilliant options now, but we definitely lack midfield depth and at centre half in Jan we will lack depth too.

lyechris

Groupie
Reaction score
If we maintain this form and remain top 8 Christmas, our ambition will be really tested January may prove very interesting transfer dealings. We've still netto and Johnny to come back

Jonzy54

In Memory
Reaction score
I’m just happy with where we are .We have a tough run up to the New Year and then the window opens .
Yes we have tightened up defensively but I wish we could score a few more goals .P 12 F12 A12

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m just happy with where we are .We have a tough run up to the New Year and then the window opens .
Yes we have tightened up defensively but I wish we could score a few more goals .P 12 F12 A12
4th worst attack, but 4th best defence.

kennyB

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to be more consistent for a start, none of this beating Wet Spam and dropping points at Norwich (if it happens and knowing Wolves it's likely!)

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We'll have our best ever PL finish. 60 points. Unsure where that will put us -- probably 6th.
Hope you’re right but we desperately need more goals. Without them it will be very difficult to manage with 1-0 game wins…….not impossible but difficult.
At least Podence had two good shots on Saturday and the second was a beaut.

Keyser Soze

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
We need to be as good away from home as we are at Molineux... crack that and its on

Starting on Saturday would work for me

Peszkywolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's wierd, we seem to be a bit leaky when teams run at us, and opponents have very good chances against us every game. I think it's the way we've watched Nunos 3 years of solid defending and not giving much away.... often if we conceded 1 we'd lose. So it's probably just a case that we're becoming a normal team, added to that our very good build up of attacks and creating lots of good chances. So it sort of feels lucky where we are..... but it can't be every game?!!

Reckon we'll finish anywhere from 6th to 9th. Over the moon.

Lycaon

Reaction score
Yes we might have a tough run-up in December but I’d suggest the opposition during that month may also be wary of us as a team that can hurt them.

Not too many Wolves fans gave us a prayer against West Ham but we came out on top convincingly, even by their own fans admission!

For the doubters, dream to be surprised!

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What's everyone worried about? The experts have predicted a 32-1-5 finish. They are right on track.

Don't worry about December, just think about Santa.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It's wierd, we seem to be a bit leaky when teams run at us, and opponents have very good chances against us every game. I think it's the way we've watched Nunos 3 years of solid defending and not giving much away.... often if we conceded 1 we'd lose. So it's probably just a case that we're becoming a normal team, added to that our very good build up of attacks and creating lots of good chances. So it sort of feels lucky where we are..... but it can't be every game?!!

Reckon we'll finish anywhere from 6th to 9th. Over the moon.
Still got injuries, a new coach with a newish approach……yeah, I’d be satisfied with a top half finish.

AndyY

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No idea where we will finish, obviously, but this is the weakest the so called “Sky Top 6” have been for years and I reckon 4-6th is up for grabs from a wider number of clubs than for many years.
Now, we have a tough run coming up but if we can play consistently like we played against WHU and in the first half against Everton we can do great things. If we play like we did against Brentford, Palace and Leeds we are firmly mid table.
It will obviously be a big help ifwe can strengthen in January, as well as getting Jonny and Neto back fit and firing on all cyclinders.
Overall, it’s a tough ask, because I doubt that Spurs, ManU, Arsenal and Leicester will all continue to struggle, but we do have a good opportunity to make a big step forward again this season, but we do need Fosun to commit. This opportunity may not come around again for a while.

D

Deleted member drgr12429

No idea where we will finish, obviously, but this is the weakest the so called “Sky Top 6” have been for years and I reckon 4-6th is up for grabs from a wider number of clubs than for many years.
Now, we have a tough run coming up but if we can play consistently like we played against WHU and in the first half against Everton we can do great things. If we play like we did against Brentford, Palace and Leeds we are firmly mid table.
It will obviously be a big help ifwe can strengthen in January, as well as getting Jonny and Neto back fit and firing on all cyclinders.
Overall, it’s a tough ask, because I doubt that Spurs, ManU, Arsenal and Leicester will all continue to struggle, but we do have a good opportunity to make a big step forward again this season, but we do need Fosun to commit. This opportunity may not come around again for a while.
I don't think the top 6 are weak. It's the all the others have moved forward. It's why it's the most watched league in the world, because any team can beat any team from 1st to 20th on their day.

VancouverWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Trouble is, we never know which Wolves team will turn up……the Brentford or the West Ham one?
Another problem we have is always being bossed in the last 10 minutes. I always feel the bad guys could tie it up.

Longmyndwolf

Reaction score
Strengthen defence/midfield in January and get Neto and Jonny back in the mix after Xmas. If this goes OK I'll stick with my 5/6th prediction

D

Deleted member yltz11841

Disagree about the top six being the weakest for years, others have just progressed because of the money in the league. The top 6 were way weaker in our first 2 seasons back under Nuno.

Just ask have the top six improved their squads since our return.

Ironfistedmonk

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Top 6 I'd say is back to a top 4, Chelsea look as strong as ever, City and Liverpool are no weaker than the last couple of seasons and United have a strong squad they just need a decent manager, Arsenal and Spurs have dropped off but are mis-firing and have better players than their league positions suggest, I think it's still a strong league overall

Woburn Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Hope you’re right but we desperately need more goals. Without them it will be very difficult to manage with 1-0 game wins…….not impossible but difficult.
At least Podence had two good shots on Saturday and the second was a beaut.
Podence is a tricky customer who has an eye for the killer pass and for goal. If he could just add consistency he would surely start every game.

Big Saft Kid

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It was interesting to see their form pre and post Ronaldo returning

Whatever's going on there, we all deserve to see it unravel after enduring the Fergie era
And it can unravel pretty quickly. Look what happened after Busby retired. They won the league in 1967 and then the European Cup the following season, 1968. Busby retired in 1969 and they got relegated in 1974. We won the league in 1959, the Cup in 1960 and were relegated in 1965.

I'm the Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
HOT OFF THE PRESSES!!!! Oddsmakers just sent out a new Wolves' projected finish..31-2-5

Contrarian

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
And it can unravel pretty quickly. Look what happened after Busby retired. They won the league in 1967 and then the European Cup the following season, 1968. Busby retired in 1969 and they got relegated in 1974. We won the league in 1959, the Cup in 1960 and were relegated in 1965.

Football, even at the top, was more dynamic then. The gap between a handful of super rich and the rest wasn't as big. It's unlikely that any of the Sky 6 will be relegated, ever. Not unless some serious structural changes come in, like wage or transfer limits, points deducted for net spend etc. They are wealthy enough they can buy their way out of any problems.

The Premier League was formed partly to stop that kind of fall from grace in an inherently unpredictable, crazy sport. To make sure the money flows upwards to a few at the top. (and it has succeeded at that). Whose going to invest when you can go from top to bottom in a couple of years? Dominate cup ties and still lose? Which is why talking of making it a closed shop comes back every few years, as well as that Superleague thing (again, wasn't that supposed to be a virtual closed shop?). Arsenal will be challenging for titles before they are battling relegation!

northnorfolkwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Just looking at the table and funny old thing, after a bit of a topsy-turvy start to the season the big 6 + WHU occupy the coveted European places. I thought things may be different this season but Spurs and Utd bring in top managers, Arteta seems to be getting more things right than wrong at Arsenal and normality is soon returned. Wolves and the other mid-ranked teams will be battling for at best 8th.

Back
Top Bottom