Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Olympic Stadium - West Ham

Del Boy

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Just reported on BBC news that West Ham will pay between £2m-£3m per season rental for the stadium. Yet the tax payer will cover the maintenance costs of the stadium!!

How does that figure?

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't that normal when you rent something?
Although, even at £3m, it seems a bit on the cheap side.

Last edited by a moderator:

TFWanderers

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I know they are a very well supported team in London but will they fill it?

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
German fans hated Bayern Munich for years afterwards when they got the 1972 Olympic Stadium for free from taxpayers. Manchester City also got the Millenium from tax and council tax payers. Now West Ham have been gifted this. I hate them with a passion. If the Olympics had been held elsewhere in the UK, then this windfall would not have gone to yet another London club. Chelski alrady have far too much money, Arsenal have a 60,000 ground and Spurs are building one even bigger. West Ham will now join that three as permanent residents in the top half of the Greed League, the place where money tells you who are the ONLY clubs that can qualify for a European competition. The Football Pyramid has a glass ceiling and the Football media rave on endlessly about how exciting the Prem is, when it is really the most predictable, uncompetitive thing imaginable. How long will we have to wait before someone other than these 4 London clubs, the Manc pair of billionaire plcs and Liverpool wins the Prem?

I am not bothered whether we get into it or not. I want excitement from watching Football and the League we are in provides that.

D

DigZeeDean

3m rent in London blimey that is cheap. You would probably pay that to rent a shed down there

Macman

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a truly awful stadium for football in, even after it's been redeveloped. The stands are too far away from the pitch and will be difficult to create a hostile atmosphere - even by West Ham standards. They will regret the move in years to come.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Its a truly awful stadium for football in, even after it's been redeveloped. The stands are too far away from the pitch and will be difficult to create a hostile atmosphere - even by West Ham standards. They will regret the move in years to come.

I'm sure the majority of fans are against it anyway. Those who get the money from bigger crowds won't regret it at all. Not sure if they'll fill it but they'll get more in I'm sure.

Pengwern

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

The builders have been digging down for the best part of 18 months, to bring it closer. WHo paid them to do this prior to the sale? Me and thee!

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn't that normal when you rent something?
Although, even at £3m, it seems a bit on the cheap side.

They(we) are paying policing costs, stewarding costs and even for the corner flags and goal posts!

It's like throwing a house party in a rented house and the landlord paying for bouncers, your beer, a DJ and the clean up!

WS10Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season 2013-14
Reaction score
The whole thing has been very shady, from what I've read. I can't remember the exact figures, but it was something like £280m to convert the Stadium into a football one, and West Ham paid £15m, the rest came from taxpayers.

D

DigZeeDean

Can't believe that some of my hard earned money has gone on giving them lot a stadium.

Timberwolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
...it is really the most predictable, uncompetitive thing imaginable. How long will we have to wait before someone other than these 4 London clubs, the Manc pair of billionaire plcs and Liverpool wins the Prem?

Well that's seven clubs...! I'd wager that alone makes it as competitive as any other top league in the world.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
David Gold involved in something shady, whatever next?

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Legacy. Pah! Give Seb Coe the bill. I'm sure he can afford it.

The_Blade

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
West Ham will make a tidy profit in real estate from Upton Park also.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It will be one of the few stadiums where the lower tier has the better view.

B

basshead

West Ham will make a tidy profit in real estate from Upton Park also.

That is the thing that has really annoyed me about this. Not only do they get the stadium for next to nothing but they get to make a fortune from selling the old ground. Surely the deal should have been that the ground cost a lot more as they will be able to afford it. You cannot justify giving the stadium away.

It is a joke.

Back
Top Bottom