Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Olympiacos refund

Newbridge Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they will go into a ballot like everyone else. If you don't get choses it will be changed into wolves cash down the line.

Knowing how inept the ticket office is I'm staggered that people didn't get full refunds straight away
Or at least just add it to cash. Can’t understand the logic to restricting it to cup games?

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spoke to the ticket office shortly after being knocked out of the Europa as I never received the Olympiakos refund email. They said that as we had now been knocked out, they were in discussion to see what their next steps would be. I pointed out that to offer a refund against Exeter at home in the cup( for example), wouldn't be acceptable. They suggested that the refund would probably be made as Wolves Cash and this could then be used to purchase season tickets or any other domestic matchday tickets, or merchandise. I was happy with that, but if this is not now the case, I will be getting in touch and asking again for my hard earned £80 back. I'm sure Fosun can afford to fully refund everyone who bought Olympiakos tickets.

Well they can't afford new players so maybe not. Some sort of cash flow crisis at the club? ****ing off fans to cling on to a few quid longer?

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
No they will go into a ballot like everyone else. If you don't get choses it will be changed into wolves cash down the line.

Knowing how inept the ticket office is I'm staggered that people didn't get full refunds straight away

Well thats not what they've said is it

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a farce, surely this should just be ticket cash to use against your next season ticket or any ad hoc games next season until capacity returns.

Im hoping the season ticket refunds aren’t going to be, well as you can’t buy a season ticket this season we’ve moved it to wolves cash to spend on the god awful top we’ve released.

They’ve probably shot themselves in the foot with the wolves cash if it’s just for the merchandise which then invalidates it as a suitable substitute which stated your balance would be used against match tickets, it’ll give everyone the option to refund their money.

Last edited:

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I've asked for my £ 94.00 back. Love the club but that's a joke!

RosehillWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
email received its being held as a credit for domestic cup game at first available opportunity! (any difference in price to then be credited in Wolves cash)

no mention of a refund if you're not happy with that!

Absolute joke I'll be asking for a refund
Is Charlie Caroli now running the club ? Drifting from one shambles to another. Just give me my ****ing money back

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I've asked for my £ 94.00 back. Love the club but that's a joke!

Let me know how you get on? I asked over the phone and got a 'no I can't have a refund' didn't push it too much as hey its not the guy on the phones decision. He did say you could put something in writing which says to me they're adopting the disgraceful methods of 'don't offer refunds but the ones who really kick off just refund them on the quiet'.

Its a method a former (long long time ago) employer of mine used to adopt! They ended up on watchdog.

ChattWolf

Groupie
Reaction score
That's extremely poor.

The PR department has really slid since Dalrymple left.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That's extremely poor.

The PR department has really slid since Dalrymple left.
Or around the same time we started attracting more fans because the team are doing well.

They don't give a **** about supporter relations when they know we'll all just be replaced easily enough anyway!

Ask yourself why the new international membership has more benefits than the standard my Wolves one for the same price, and then think who they value more.

stuj4z

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
What a farce, surely this should just be ticket cash to use against your next season ticket or any ad hoc games next season until capacity returns.

Im hoping the season ticket refunds aren’t going to be, well as you can’t buy a season ticket this season we’ve moved it to wolves cash to spend on the god awful top we’ve released.

They’ve probably shot themselves in the foot with the wolves cash if it’s just for the merchandise which then invalidates it as a suitable substitute which stated your balance would be used against match tickets, it’ll give everyone the option to refund their money.
Wolves cash is for tickets and merchandise. They changed this a couple of years ago

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wolves cash is for tickets and merchandise. They changed this a couple of years ago
They advertised it as changed a whole year before they managed to implement it!

Although yeah its certainly been the case since the start of last season.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t it still split? I can’t use the wolves cash I get through as part of my season ticket on cup tickets for example.

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

I too was pretty annoyed by today's email (not least because after initially buying my Olympiacos ticket I then found out I had to work so I sold my ticket to a friend who I now owe £34.50).

I'm sure we're not the only club to have gone down this route because, let's face it, it's the Premier League and dare I say most clubs have already spent the money they now owe to supporters.

But what really narks me is A) converting it into credit to redeem against games you may not normally choose to go to, B) games that may not even happen (what if we get two away draws and are knocked out in both comps?). I've also already purchased the new home shirt and don't intend on making any further purchases from the shop this season either so Wolves Cash for merchandise isn't a lot of good.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Isn’t it still split? I can’t use the wolves cash I get through as part of my season ticket on cup tickets for example.

Uusally can't use Wolves cash for cup tickets. Even when it was split (ie ticket cash).

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still don’t get why people moaning didn’t ask for refund at the time? Madness

Erm because they may have shown a bit of faith that we would qualify for Europe and wanted to attend a European game.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Club seem to be using delay tactics further.

I emailed Wolves Help (as its supposedly the new 'one stop shop' for issues.

They've simply emailed me back saying contact the ticket office directly (not even forwarded it on). Great supporter relations here!

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
I too was pretty annoyed by today's email (not least because after initially buying my Olympiacos ticket I then found out I had to work so I sold my ticket to a friend who I now owe £34.50).

I'm sure we're not the only club to have gone down this route because, let's face it, it's the Premier League and dare I say most clubs have already spent the money they now owe to supporters.

But what really narks me is A) converting it into credit to redeem against games you may not normally choose to go to, B) games that may not even happen (what if we get two away draws and are knocked out in both comps?). I've also already purchased the new home shirt and don't intend on making any further purchases from the shop this season either so Wolves Cash for merchandise isn't a lot of good.

Why didn’t you take the refund when it was confirmed the game wasn’t going to be for fans attendance?

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

Why didn’t you take the refund when it was confirmed the game wasn’t going to be for fans attendance?

Unless I missed something, I don't think the communication around this was made as clear as it was for season tickets, otherwise I would've done. Regardless, if you make a purchase and you're not going to receive what you purchased from the seller, you should be entitled to your money back, not credit against something that might not even happen.

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

Because I decided that a credit against a future European game (if qualified) would be far more suitable, I never thought for one second that if that didn't happen the club would then start refusing refund and massively reduce the scope as to which the credit can be used.

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Because I decided that a credit against a future European game (if qualified) would be far more suitable, I never thought for one second that if that didn't happen the club would then start refusing refund and massively reduce the scope as to which the credit can be used.

Wouldn’t it been better to refund and have money in your bank account than the clubs though?

I mean if the next european game was team from Faroe Islands would you minded?

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Wouldn’t it been better to refund and have money in your bank account than the clubs though?

No not really it seemed a lot more favourable to simply leave it for the promised credit.

I wouldn't have cared if it was a team from the Faroe Islands to be honest, it would have been a Thursday evening which are pretty good for me. My issue isn't with it being a domestic cup game rather than a European one (as they've said they'll refund the difference in price) its the fact that its 'the first available cup game' thats a lot more restrictive than the European credit was. I can't make all Saturdays and with the league cup likely being well off limits what happens if its the FA Cup on a Saturday I can't make!

George AlooGobi

Has a lot to say
Reaction score

Not to mention there was still the likelihood of zero fans in attendence if we did qualify

Stoichkov

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It appears that quite a few people either didn't get the email or it went into Junk/Spam and they missed it. The deadline was quite tight (4 days l seem to recall).

okay that's interesting because i just do not remember receiving it and i'm usually pretty good at this stuff

colwall wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Not to mention there was still the likelihood of zero fans in attendence if we did qualify

Agreed, I think it was pretty evident in July that fans wouldn’t be returning at the beginning of the new season too

Bonkers if ask me

wildfire_wolf

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
Let me know how you get on? I asked over the phone and got a 'no I can't have a refund' didn't push it too much as hey its not the guy on the phones decision. He did say you could put something in writing which says to me they're adopting the disgraceful methods of 'don't offer refunds but the ones who really kick off just refund them on the quiet'.

Its a method a former (long long time ago) employer of mine used to adopt! They ended up on watchdog.

Will do buddy. I hope common sense prevails.

I have asked them to let me know if they won't issue a refund so I can consider my options.

I would hate to have to take legal advice from Citizens Advice and possibly end up in a small claims court against my club but if that's what it takes!

Also, just realised how bloody frustrating it is typing on the Mix on a Galaxy S9. Arggggggh

pacamac

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Regardless of whether people got it or not or whether the so called experts thought there was a good chance of fans or not. The CLUB themselves offered a credit against a European game next season, if that can't be facilitated then a full refund should be at least offered as an option.

SingYourHeartsOut

"Its less confusing with a smaller brain"
Reaction score
I'm mostly not bothered, the club can have my money rather than sending it back so I can earn 0.5% on it somewhere, but this sounds like a **** take now. IIRC I bought 4 for this game and the idea that they can't (i.e. won't) let me have the money back now there probably won't be a game before Jan and then is very poor.

Maybe I'd be more than forgiving if they spent it on a new player!

T

themanwhobuiltthemoon

While I'm annoyed, I'm loathed to kick Wolves specifically on this because in past experiences and talking to fans of other clubs, football clubs just generally don't handle things like this very well. We know why - they overspend. In this instance, the majority will have spent their projected revenues in advance, not foreseeing that they'd lose a handful of games' worth of matchday takings or have to pay back a portion of the TV money. Thus, they'll do anything possible to keep hold of any consumer income they've accrued. Not just a Wolves thing.

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I still don’t get why people moaning didn’t ask for refund at the time? Madness
Because £30 sitting in my account for 6 months isn’t going to make too much of a difference to me, if the club had to find £30 for 25,000-30,000 supporters almost overnight in the current climate, it probably would have an impact on them.

The clubs been brilliant for the community over this period so that coupled with this and the rest of season ticket being far more helpful to them in leaner times than earning me about 10p in interest didn’t bother me as I expected the club to honour their commitments and allow that money to eventually be spent on tickets that I’d purchase anyway when we are able to.

It would have been hard for even a football club to find the money if every single person asked for a refund in such a short space of time, those of us who didn’t have shown good faith in the club and should equally expect that back from the club.

We were offered to defer the full amount of our refund(s) against future tickets, I’ve got no issue with doing that as the club would really need it, but this is not the same hence the anger.

Reaction score
I didn’t request a refund and accepted that if we didn’t qualify this year, that money would sit in Wolves’ coffers for a few years maybe, forever potentially, until we qualified for Europe again, at which point we’d get first refusal on seats.
This isn’t what was offered at the time of making the initial decision.
Not gonna miss £30 in the grand scheme of things, but my dad and I travel down from Yorkshire & Manchester for games, takes a bit of coordination, if it’s mandated to go to a League Cup game on a Wednesday night or whatever that’s pretty poor.

wayne-the-wanderer

Has a lot to say
Reaction score
If you paid via credit or debit card you can ask your bank to issue a chargeback, you bought a ticket for an event which didn't take place, you have a right to your money back unless you accepted a credit - not replying is not accepting the credit

WeAreTheWolvesII

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
They should've just automatically refunded people when the game was played behind closed doors.

Just like every other Premier League club should have, so I'm not solely blaming us but it just sums up the modern clubs. Have us jumping through hoops and meeting deadlines to get your own money back. Oh, and without any booking fee of course.

mikic

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I spoke to the ticket office shortly after being knocked out of the Europa as I never received the Olympiakos refund email. They said that as we had now been knocked out, they were in discussion to see what their next steps would be. I pointed out that to offer a refund against Exeter at home in the cup( for example), wouldn't be acceptable. They suggested that the refund would probably be made as Wolves Cash and this could then be used to purchase season tickets or any other domestic matchday tickets, or merchandise. I was happy with that, but if this is not now the case, I will be getting in touch and asking again for my hard earned £80 back. I'm sure Fosun can afford to fully refund everyone who bought Olympiakos tickets.

I had a similar chat with them a few days ago.

W

WasStefan

Got my refund over 4 months ago by emailing them. Same with my season ticket refund. Wouldn’t surprise me if they force you to take Wolves Cash on that too.

More fool you guys for thinking your money is better in someone elses pocket. It isn’t.

W

WasStefan

Because £30 sitting in my account for 6 months isn’t going to make too much of a difference to me, if the club had to find £30 for 25,000-30,000 supporters almost overnight in the current climate, it probably would have an impact on them.

The clubs been brilliant for the community over this period so that coupled with this and the rest of season ticket being far more helpful to them in leaner times than earning me about 10p in interest didn’t bother me as I expected the club to honour their commitments and allow that money to eventually be spent on tickets that I’d purchase anyway when we are able to.

It would have been hard for even a football club to find the money if every single person asked for a refund in such a short space of time, those of us who didn’t have shown good faith in the club and should equally expect that back from the club.

We were offered to defer the full amount of our refund(s) against future tickets, I’ve got no issue with doing that as the club would really need it, but this is not the same hence the anger.
The club could have owed me £2.50 and i would still have asked for the cash. It’s the principle. Wolves are a massive entity, Fosun are huge. Why should they keep supporters cash?

You’ve all been mugged off unfortunately

Back
Top Bottom