Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Next Season Template

B

bridgnorthwolf

Ok, I was just messing about on formation creator to see how our team will be likely to set out next season.

This is what I've come up with for now:

http://footballformation.co.uk/team/created.php?f=47057

Now I've stuck to players in the squad as things stand today. I've not stuck in any targets and I've not omitted any players we think are likely to leave.

It's not the right shape, but it's the closest on there. Imagine the full backs further up the pitch operating as wing backs and the wingers and striker setting out as more of a front 3.

Now we expect a new CH I think, possibly a new left back, but wing backs would suit Ward more and I prefer Foley as a player over Zubar, but Zubar suits the wing back set-up more.

O'Hara is unlikely to be match fit by the start of the season, so if Kightly is still here maybe him on the right and Bjorn pushed inside. If Jarvis goes, move Bjorn over. If Fletcher goes then swap him for Doyle (Not SEB under ANY circumstances). Fingers crossed we will have someone more dynamic to take Henry's place. Everything crossed we can convince Traore we're a better bet than Wigan.

As things stand we need another LB, another CH and another midfielder. Depending on departures we may need another striker too.

Then we just need to ship out Berra, Elokobi and maybe a few from Hammill, Hunt, Edwards, Jonsson, Henry and SEB.

B

bridgnorthwolf

I will add, that team would win the League IMO. And if it was strengthened in the areas I mentioned, we could afford to lose Fletcher and Jarvis and still win the league. If we kept at least one of those and strengthened in the centre of midfield and in defence we would win comfortably.

GAWAZZ

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
IMO Henrikson for O'hara, Doyle for Fletcher, and A n other for Jarvis and I reckon you are spot on

Sedgley Gold N Black

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'd pick pretty much the same sort of team with Kites at RW and Choose between Sig and JOH behind Fletch.

Allow the front four to focus mainly on attacking, Henry protecting the defence with Doumbia as a link between the two.

With an improved defence that team would be more than capable of achieving mid table in the prem.

A

andyc225

That team, with Siggy behind Fletch and Kightly on the right side. Jamie O'Sicknote is a luxury we can ill afford this season. We need an overhaul of the backline too.

B

bridgnorthwolf

Ship out henry??? Ok...

If we bring in Traore (or someone similar), he will be an expensive, depreciating benchwarmer. As things stand today, he is in the team. Depends who else may come in though. We should be aiming higher than the likes of Henry.

Tring Wolf

MolMix Poster of the Season Winner 2011-2012 and r
Reaction score
From the current squad, I'd be looking at:

De Vries
Foley, Stearman, Johnson, Ward
Henry, Doumbia
Kightly, Doyle, Jarvis
Fletcher

However, I think the line-up for Leeds is more likely to be:

De Vries
Zubar, Johnson, New CB, Ward
Henry, Doumbia
New CM
Sigurdarson, Jarvis
Doyle

S

SimplyTheWolves

I would play a 5-3-1-1 formation with a sold back five that has at least one CD that has the ability to bring the ball out and pass it with confidence. The left and right backs should not push too far forward unless one of the other defenders is in a position to cover there zone.

The midfield will consist of two forward thinking players who command there space with authority and presence, and can if needed switch to the flanks to create width. The other midfielder playing a free role giving him the job of helping the defence or attack, whichever is needed at the time.

I would then have a front two with one playing just behind the other so he can find the front striker if he can't get an opportunity to have a pop himself.

As far as actual personnel are concerned, that's a quandary for me at the moment as I'm sure it is for Stale. Sounds easy on paper but in reality everyone’s ideas do, that’s why managers manage and we moan.

Over to you Stale.

Back
Top Bottom