Welcome Notice

Hello and welcome to Molineux Mix a forum for Wolves fans by Wolves fans.

Register Log in

Morgan Gibbs-White

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Sounds like he has been tapped up
Wouldn't surprise me.

Am I wrong, but doesn't a footballer still get 5% of the transfer fee if he hasn't put in a transfer request?

If so, what's 5% of (say) a £25 million transfer fee?!

Agents and interested clubs would include that in the tapping-up process...

Wolves in Limerick

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I’m not sure we should be letting players like him go only to have to replace them weeks later.
Spot on Ned and given the fact that Hwang was the one signing that Bruno acknowledged was of a player he had been tracking, you really don't have an idea who he will sign as a replacement or if he would have a fraction of the ability of MGW.

Don't want unhappy players at the club.
The Manager announces he doesn't have enough players for the season and then I'm allowed to go on loan to a Championship club. I'd be damn angry too. It speaks to me that he either doesn't want me or doesn't rate me, despite what pious platitudes he comes out with. The ridiculous thing is that at this time MGW fulfills one of the positions we need a player for and we are going to sell him. At least retaining him would allow the relationship to be healed but only if Lage shows he can acknowledge MGWs ability. Otherwise we lose and big time.

Supadavewolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
then I'm allowed to go on loan to a Championship club. I'd be damn angry too. It speaks to me that he either doesn't want me or doesn't rate me,
In January, Lage allegedly wanted Gibbs-White here and to fight for a place.

Gibbs-White allegedly said "Thanks but no thanks".

Why should he be angry, especially when you're talking about being on the books of a club that has brought him up in footballing terms to the (arguably) PL-ready player he is now?

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
If we have a midfield or Neves Moutinho and MGW going forward we really have a different dynamic to our game. Thing is if Everton offer over 30m it’s going to be hard to turn down because that gets us maybe 2 players

WolfLing

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
It’s possible the Collins money was in the kitty from profits made.
However any more spending will likely have to be funded by sales.
I’d be very surprised if someone in the £20m or more bracket isn’t sold, unfortunately.

Not possible. Loads of posters have already pointed out that every penny of profit is transferred back into Guo’s bank account.

D

Deleted member 8455jwf

He's just got to play it out and assess his options. By all accounts he was excellent against Burnley so isn't remotely downing tools, keep working hard what will happen will happen.

Mile End Wanderer

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Every player has their price if they offered 30m and 10m in add ons you would probably take it one good season with us his price doubles though

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
He is 100% going IMO.

Hope we rinse them fust.
I'm going to use some ounce of logic, we've left behind a good chunk of players and we've taken some others. If that isn't a 'here's who we are selling/loaning' big red target, then I'm not sure how else it can be spelt.

To give you an idea, if Everton offer 30, it'll be 35 we want, so on, so forth.

For two lads who apparently want away, Traore and MGW really aren't being told to look miserable in a come and get me plea that they probably should, eh.

Hoganstolemywife

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I'm going to use some ounce of logic, we've left behind a good chunk of players and we've taken some others. If that isn't a 'here's who we are selling/loaning' big red target, then I'm not sure how else it can be spelt.

To give you an idea, if Everton offer 30, it'll be 35 we want, so on, so forth.

For two lads who apparently want away, Traore and MGW really aren't being told to look miserable in a come and get me plea that they probably should, eh.
Agreed.

I don't want him to go but 30+ is a LOT of money on a player who hasn't done anything substantial for us.

The problem with keeping him is that if he has 10 bad games to start the season, his value absolutely plummets - especially if he doesn't sign a new deal.

So it's a massive gamble.

sc91

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Agreed.

I don't want him to go but 30+ is a LOT of money on a player who hasn't done anything substantial for us.

The problem with keeping him is that if he has 10 bad games to start the season, his value absolutely plummets - especially if he doesn't sign a new deal.

So it's a massive gamble.
I think its less of a gamble on the back of a very solid season and in fairness had a decent pre season with us previously, it certainly warrants giving him the opportunity.

It does seem cliche but if we were signing him fresh from Sheffield United then the opinion would be vastly different, despite the outcome being the same.

CologneWolf

Reaction score
Agreed. Knew it was too much to ask to bring in a player without relying on a sale... Collins wouldn't be here right now without a decent sized sale.
That didn’t take long. Not even a mere 6 hours after our first summer signing proper has been announced are we now back to looking for things to be displeased about?

Not to mention you are posting in past tense like an MGW sale has already happened. Which it clearly hasn’t. And won‘t.

Alex Rae The Substitute

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
This feels like the "peak value" Traore moment and yet it is off a season in the Championship, whereas with Traore it was actually in the top flight.

I have it from a pretty trustworthy source (and I posted it that summer too) that in summer 2020 we tried to cash in on Traore. We valued him at £60m and would have accepted around that price, but the only enquiry bid was from Liverpool at £18m plus add ons, and PSG wanted him but were put off by the price.

The same source informed me about Doherty too, before that happened. He’s not a Wolves fan himself, but has connections to the scouting staff.

Summer_Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
That didn’t take long. Not even a mere 6 hours after our first summer signing proper has been announced are we now back to looking for things to be displeased about?

Not to mention you are posting in past tense like an MGW sale has already happened. Which it clearly hasn’t. And won‘t.

It's called realism. All I said was I'd be surprised if a sale wasn't funding this deal... that's not to say he isn't a good signing.
You seem so sure about MGW staying, based on what exactly?

CologneWolf

Reaction score
It's called realism. All I said was I'd be surprised if a sale wasn't funding this deal... that's not to say he isn't a good signing.
You seem so sure about MGW staying, based on what exactly?

No I believe it’s called pessimism. As real or unreal as your post may be.

There was no mention of if earlier. You matter of factly stated something that had not happened had already happened. i.e. You knew Collins wouldn’t be here without a decent sale. Which as it currently stands, he is.

Re: MGW. Because in my heart of hearts I know that to be true. Just like long ago before the season had ended I also knew that Neves would still be our player when the summer window is over. I also know I could possibly be entirely wrong on both those counts.

Derbywolf85

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
Morgan isn't going I don't think.

The friendlies over the next couple of weeks will show he's an important cog in our transition to a more attacking way of playing.

He'll feel trust. He'll feel important.

He'll be here come September 3rd.

Sussex Wolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I have it from a pretty trustworthy source (and I posted it that summer too) that in summer 2020 we tried to cash in on Traore. We valued him at £60m and would have accepted around that price, but the only enquiry bid was from Liverpool at £18m plus add ons, and PSG wanted him but were put off by the price.

The same source informed me about Doherty too, before that happened. He’s not a Wolves fan himself, but has connections to the scouting staff.

With hindsight, I wonder if that early attempt to cash in hardened Adama’s position regarding the terms for a contract extension?

CologneWolf

Reaction score
I can't believe the amount of trust people are putting in MGW to be the Messiah this coming season.
I think you’re overstating a tad here. I don’t think anyone has claimed that he will be the Messiah or his likeness. But it’s perfectly plausible that he will play a crucial attacking role for us that’s no less important than say Neto or Podence. And people are willing to see how that pans out instead of selling him.

Sketchead

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score
I can't believe the amount of trust people are putting in MGW to be the Messiah this coming season.

I think it’s just that he’s easily shown he deserves a full run in the team as he’s on the brink of fulfilling his potential so the idea of selling him now after waiting so long just feels so daft.

JOSWolf

Just doesn't shut up
Reaction score

No one really is but a lot are excited to see what he can do in an attacking formation hopefully. He has undoubted quality.

Back
Top Bottom